watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ayite, Ream , Mawson still out

Started by Lighthouse, August 23, 2018, 02:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Ayite, Ream, Mawson will be missing from the squad on Sunday but Mawson in training and just needs time to gain fitness. The rest of the squad are said to be fit according to the Coach.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

What happened to Ream,did he get injured in pre season game?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2018, 02:50:50 PM
What happened to Ream,did he get injured in pre season game?

He did have a head injury in pre season but I don't know if that is what is keeping him out now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Come on Mawson your just malingering now   :dft012:

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Apart from that early season problem with Cairney's knee we were pretty lucky with injuries last season. Begins to look as if it could be a different story this season.

Why did Cairney leave the game so early last week.

Mullers OG

Ream and Mawson being injured is a problem but it is one which can be covered.  Ayite out, however, is to my mind far more important.  His return will fill our most problematic area on the right side of attack.  Schurrle didn't look completely fit against Palace and there is no-one else remotely good enough. 

Ayite when fit just looks streets ahead of the others.   

Statto

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 24, 2018, 03:29:45 PM
Ream and Mawson being injured is a problem but it is one which can be covered.  Ayite out, however, is to my mind far more important.  His return will fill our most problematic area on the right side of attack.  Schurrle didn't look completely fit against Palace and there is no-one else remotely good enough. 

Ayite when fit just looks streets ahead of the others.   

I like Ayite but not sure how you can he's "streets ahead" of a player of Schurrle's ability, ie world class on his day

Plus Vietto has a good pedigree and we haven't seem enough of him to judge

I think Ayite will be useful to have back but I don't see him as an automatic starter now, probably our 3rd/4th choice winger, so he's not a big miss IMO

Mullers OG

I get your point Statto about Schurrle.  We haven't seen him yet at his best.  Let's hope he can get back to his international class days.  I was really referring to any the lack of any other alternatives to play wide right.  Moving Sess to the right as at Spurs potentially reduces his effectiveness; Kebano is better on the left and there's not much else. 

You may be right that Ayite will only be a back up on the right.  To my mind if he is then Schurrle will be playing very well. 

Statto

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 24, 2018, 03:53:08 PM
I get your point Statto about Schurrle.  We haven't seen him yet at his best.  Let's hope he can get back to his international class days.  I was really referring to any the lack of any other alternatives to play wide right.  Moving Sess to the right as at Spurs potentially reduces his effectiveness; Kebano is better on the left and there's not much else. 

You may be right that Ayite will only be a back up on the right.  To my mind if he is then Schurrle will be playing very well. 

Fair points
To reiterate i'm still one of Ayite's biggest fans, think he does loads of subtle things on and off the ball that he doesn't get credit for
He was clearly Jokanovic's first choice RW last season