watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1 goal in our last 5 league games.

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 06, 2010, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

We have now scored 1 goal in our last 5 games, and that was at home to Portsmouth currently bottom of the league. This really needs to be addressed. We are severely missing Dempsey who can provide sparks of genius that can mean winning and losing a game. Also, despite Baird having a good game at RB IMO we are still missing the energy and attacking-mindset of Johnny Pants, and although many on here would hate to admit it I'm sure, we are missing AJ, even if he came on as a sub he has the pace and spark that Nevland lacks and I think with a few goals he would show once again what a class striker he is. With Bobby ill it is unlikely that he will feature against Burnley and so I would put Okaka up front but I'm not sure with who. Gera should hopefully return on Tuesday but I think that letting Kamara go is probably going to be the biggest mistake we make all season. If he doesn't return in the summer then Woy needs to reconsider his attacking options, as AJ is a sick note now, Okaka may well return to Roma, which leaves us with Bobatov, Nevland and Elm up front, possibly with Gera and Dempsey also helping. Not looking good.

Yarden

It`s one goal in our last 5, but I see your point. But really, what can you expect from Elm and Nevland upfront?

mattiesafer

Brede Butter Pudding

Apologies! A quick edit there no harm done, but my point still stands. We need some creativity! Murph just isn't doing it at the moment!

Chopper

Losing Dempsey doesn't help, AJ may not have played much this term but his absence has been a factor too and no Zamora today. It's a tough time right now but largely due to injury. We'll be ok in the long run. Need to give players like Elm and Okaka a chance, they're not gonna come in and be superstars overnight.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

YankeeJim

I suspect both Elm & Nevland played themselves down the depth chart today.
BZ & Okaka next round.

I just hope that Okaka's name isn't Spanish.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

The fact that has been positively proved lately is the attacking worth of Konch and, as you say, the tireless energy of Pants. Thousands of lines have been written on here about how much Zamora adds to the team when he's playing.....but let no one again criticise either P or K for their performances. They give us cover at the back, and an overlapping wide attacking option that we look woeful without.

Ag

I don't know that exempts Konch (and to a lesser extent JP) from any criticism, but speaks more to the quality of our depth.

You sure AJ is faster than Nevland?  He looked pretty pedestrian speedwise his last couple of times out.

Jimpav

Duff and BZ will get goals for us. Just need to get BZ up and running again.