Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

David Lloyd is bringing out a book covering the last 30 years of TOOFIF

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Congratulations to David Lloyd.
Great stuff
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bog

The standard David has maintained and consistently improved is really quite phenomenal.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif

Fulham1959

I'm looking forward to this !

DLTOOFIF

STOP PRESS: With a foreword by Ray Lewington - who's seen it all during his numerous spells with FFC.

For further details on the book, please check in to the There's Only One F In Fulham Facebook page or www.toofif.co.uk

Thanks - DL

MJG

Coming very soon - details of the TOOFIF 30 book launch supported by The FST

It will be a great night of Fulham people coming together to celebrate an institution.

Should be a great night, keep your eyes peeled for Tickets as they go on sale soon (Q&A's and free food, whats more to ask...apart from ordering his book of course)
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Camel Club

Incredible. I can remember purchasing the first issue at Aldershot. TOOFIF was a real beacon of light during those darkest of years. The 'We Can Dream' cartoon strip was brilliant and the one after MAF purchased the club must have brought a tear to the eye of every reader. Once the glory years were on the way there was some doubt as to whether it would survive but survive it did. Happy Birthday TOOFIF and take a bow David Lloyd.

F(f)CUK

I now feel very old. Thanks for that.

Fulham1959

My copy of the book is on order !

MJG

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/book-launch-of-toofif-30-years-of-toofif-and-fulham-tickets-50059690883

Description

There's Only One F in Fulham - 30 years of TOOFIF and Fulham + Q&A's with Fulham Favourites

The Fulham Supporters' Trust is delighted to announce a special evening for Fulham fans: the official launch of David Lloyd's new book - There's Only One F in Fulham - 30 years of TOOFIF and Fulham.

As well as your first chance to buy the book, there will be a Q&A with David and a panel of special guests from on and off the pitch to talk all things TOOFIF, Fulham and Craven Cottage.

You can also order the book in advance (at a reduced price) when booking your place at this special event, to pick up on the night.

Taking place at the famous Duke's Head in Putney, your ticket includes a hot and cold buffet and the bar will be well-stocked for the night.

This is an all ticket fixture - come along to enjoy a night of all things Fulham FC, celebrate 30 years of TOOFIF and pick up an early Christmas present for that special Fulham fan in your life - numbers are limited, so book now to secure your place.

There's Only One F In Fulham // Foreword by Ray Lewington // A4 hardback book // Crammed with anecdotes and insights // Lavishly illustrated // In-depth interviews with a host of FFC personnel

This fan's-eye view covers the most dramatic 30 years in Fulham FC's history, during which London's oldest professional football club plumbed the depths on and off the field before embarking on a remarkable renaissance.

In March 1988, the fanzine There's Only One F In Fulham (TOOFIF) was launched and its editor has been closely involved with the Club's ups and downs, often directly so. Tales of despair (as FFC sank to 91st out of 92) and delight (reaching a major European final and, most recently, winning a Wembley Play-off final) are backed up by a host of interviews with key Club personnel.

Although the book mark's the mag's 30th anniversary, it's full of exclusive new material rather than simply being a 'Best of TOOFIF'. And there's a clever device to illustrate the Club's incredible rollercoaster journey!

£10 Entry
£36.95 Entry plus buy the book to collect

MJG

I can confirm  Fulham fan and ex coach and league manager Alan Smith along with journalists Dave Kidd and Dean Jones will be in attendance as part of the Q&A's that night.

Andy S

In the 80's there were a lot of fanzines. all clubs had a few at least. We at Fulham have been extremely fortunate to have TOOFIF which has been produced professionally at a great price. It has never been abusive and has always reflected the mood of the supporters. I would like to commend everyone who has had an input over the years especially during the dark days when we didn't know if we would have a club. Many Thanks to David Lloyd for all the work that goes into each and every one of the mags. Most Fanzines have disappeared I still buy every copy that is produced and hope there will be many more

I already put it on my Christmas present list

MJG

Almost half the tickets sold for this event already, so get in quick.