CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Cairney and Seri are quite similar in that they collect the ball, often from deep, and spread the play to the wings. Johansen offers a bit of box to box drive and I think it will be interesting to see how the balance of the team changes with him playing.

Be interesting to see how much worse we'd be with him.

He is not a creative midfielder. I wouldn't bring him in for Cairney. Play McDonald with Anguissa and let Seri do his thing.
I am pretty sure thats what Slav will do, KMac in front of defence and Zambo ( as Gentlemen Jim has decided is a good short hand) to go box to box breaking up play and Seri as Midfield General.
The other change we will see is Vietto and not Kamara. Slav tends to stick to winning teams and that is why Odoi may get the start over Chambers. I think we might see Sess at left back too.
Quark, strangeness and charm

MrFFC

I hope we see Johansen Saturday he was brilliant last year & think he has a lot to offer the team this year aswell
Come on you Whites!! :)

alfie

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 30, 2018, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 30, 2018, 06:27:54 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 30, 2018, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: humussapiens on August 30, 2018, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 30, 2018, 10:46:17 AM

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Cairney and Seri are quite similar in that they collect the ball, often from deep, and spread the play to the wings. Johansen offers a bit of box to box drive and I think it will be interesting to see how the balance of the team changes with him playing.

He is not a creative midfielder. I wouldn't bring him in for Cairney. Play McDonald with Anguissa and let Seri do his thing.
I am pretty sure thats what Slav will do, KMac in front of defence and Zambo ( as Gentlemen Jim has decided is a good short hand) to go box to box breaking up play and Seri as Midfield General.
The other change we will see is Vietto and not Kamara. Slav tends to stick to winning teams and that is why Odoi may get the start over Chambers. I think we might see Sess at left back too.
Why Sess at LB when Bryan will be there?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YoungsBitter

Quote from: alfie on August 30, 2018, 09:11:42 PM

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

I just have a feeling that we may see Sess at Left Back as often as Left Wing, Schurrle and Vietto look better suited to PL forward line requirements, switching back and forwards. We want to Sess develop and grow but we also need to win, so depending on the occasion I can see Sess getting the nod over Bryan.

Milo

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 30, 2018, 11:15:31 PM

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

I just have a feeling that we may see Sess at Left Back as often as Left Wing, Schurrle and Vietto look better suited to PL forward line requirements, switching back and forwards. We want to Sess develop and grow but we also need to win, so depending on the occasion I can see Sess getting the nod over Bryan.

Slight tangent but Young's Special is rubbish isn't it!

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Milo on August 30, 2018, 11:17:58 PM

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Slight tangent but Young's Special is rubbish isn't it!
The only way I can drink it is pint of mixed, half special and half bitter

Milo

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Johansen not a creative midfielder seems a bit harsh!

Was a great pass for instance this week for Kamaras second goal.. also Anguissa is more defensive minded?

FulhamElite

Quote from: Milo on August 30, 2018, 11:55:20 PM

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Johansen not a creative midfielder seems a bit harsh!

Was a great pass for instance this week for Kamaras second goal.. also Anguissa is more defensive minded?

Agree. Most assists for us last season don't forget.

SerbKnight

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Vietto was used in the Cairny role this weekend. Played all over the pitch last week and got better as the match went on. Schurrle and Sess on the wings.

If that doesn't work out then take Vietto off chuck on Aguissa and let Seri play further upfield.

twang

Quote from: twang on August 28, 2018, 11:46:38 AM
Brighton:

Bettinelli
Fosu-Mensah - Odoi - Le Marchand - Bryan
Cairney - McDonald - Seri
Vietto - Mitrovic - Schürrle

Bench: Fabri/Rico, Mawson/Chambers, Christie, Anguissa, Johansen, R Sessegnon & Kamara

With Cairney definitely out and Mawson probably not risked:

Bettinelli
Fosu-Mensah - Odoi - Le Marchand - Bryan
Johansen - McDonald - Seri
Vietto - Mitrovic - Schürrle

Bench: Fabri/Rico, Chambers, Christie, Anguissa, de la Torre, R Sessegnon & Kamara

Marcel_Gecov

I think there's an unfair negativity towards Johansen on this board. He was our top assist last season, and top scorer the season before. Whenever I've watched him he alsways looks very neat, skilful, has a clear drive and looks fair more of a premier league centre mid than KMac who isn't as good on the ball. If any of the other Cms had made the pass for Kamaras second they'd rightfully be lauded for whatever reason Johansen is just derided as not creative... WTF?

Facts Not Fiction

GK - Betts
RB - Fosu Mensah
RCB - Odoi
LCB - MLM
LB - Bryan
CM - KMc
CM - Seri
CM - Cairney
LW - Schurrle
CF - Mitrovic
RW - Kamara

And with TC out?

Johansen

Can't see Bryan ever getting dropped for Sess in the league. If anything, it will be MLM slotting in.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 31, 2018, 01:41:12 PM
I think there's an unfair negativity towards Johansen on this board. He was our top assist last season, and top scorer the season before. Whenever I've watched him he alsways looks very neat, skilful, has a clear drive and looks fair more of a premier league centre mid than KMac who isn't as good on the ball. If any of the other Cms had made the pass for Kamaras second they'd rightfully be lauded for whatever reason Johansen is just derided as not creative... WTF?

He is an advanced midfielder, but not a creator. I feel he will struggle to unpick very tight PL defences, but his professional fouls etc will be useful in some games.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 31, 2018, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 31, 2018, 01:41:12 PM

He is an advanced midfielder, but not a creator. I feel he will struggle to unpick very tight PL defences, but his professional fouls etc will be useful in some games.

Hmm I'm not too sure, I think that technically he is one of our best players and could be one of the ones to surprise people. His pass on Tuesday also proves that he can create things out of nothing.

bornafulhamfan

Almost all of us predicted pretty much the same lineup, with differences being goalkeeper choice, Odoi/Chambers/Mawson, Zambo/Kmac, but what if Slav surprise us once again and names some shocking first eleven.

..FOF..

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 01, 2018, 09:01:39 AM
Almost all of us predicted pretty much the same lineup, with differences being goalkeeper choice, Odoi/Chambers/Mawson, Zambo/Kmac, but what if Slav surprise us once again and names some shocking first eleven.

I'll be shock if Ryan and Steven Sessegnon starts..... or any 2 teenagers, but those twins are the most likely wonderkids.

I believe Steven was touted to be better than Ryan if not for his injuries. He have shown some glimmer of truth in that in the last match.

filham

Telegraph today suggests our team will be the same as against Burnley but with Anguissa replacing the injured Cairney, sounds good to me.
Also it seems that Cairney will be our for some weeks with an injured ankle, while this is bad news at least we now have cover for him by playing  Johansen , Anquissa or even Sess.

Andyb

Johansen one of our best players.. so many on here criticise him