watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did you know...

Started by Mitrosonfire, August 28, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitrosonfire

Hello everyone! I came here to say that fulham fc is again on trending topics in serbia (for obvious reasons). As an Red star fan (Jokanovic and Mitrovic are ''gravediggers'' ), I must say that 90% of football fans in serbia are supporting fulham this season. Our sport channels are prefering to stream Fulham`s matches over even some more interesting ones. Our news are reporting after every fulham match.  And personaly, I am glad that I have now some team to support this season in PL.

Its not hard to love Jokan (or as you call it ''Slav'' :) ) or Mitro. they are both so passionate and devoted. If Mitro continue with good performances, and stays in cottage for another season or two, he will get into your skin, trust me. And, most important, fulham will get into his. Its not secret that he is, besides partizan, also a newcastle fan, and he insisted to go there. but he didnt got a chanse, and finally found a club that he, I can easily say, deserves.

Cheers from Belgrade to all of you, I`ve been watching a forum since Jokan came into your club.  082.gif

p.s. sorry for my bad english, I am obviously not a native speaker :)

Holders

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 09:16:36 AM
Hello everyone! I came here to say that fulham fc is again on trending topics in serbia (for obvious reasons). As an Red star fan (Jokanovic and Mitrovic are ''gravediggers'' ), I must say that 90% of football fans in serbia are supporting fulham this season. Our sport channels are prefering to stream Fulham`s matches over even some more interesting ones. Our news are reporting after every fulham match.  And personaly, I am glad that I have now some team to support this season in PL.

Its not hard to love Jokan (or as you call it ''Slav'' :) ) or Mitro. they are both so passionate and devoted. If Mitro continue with good performances, and stays in cottage for another season or two, he will get into your skin, trust me. And, most important, fulham will get into his. Its not secret that he is, besides partizan, also a newcastle fan, and he insisted to go there. but he didnt got a chanse, and finally found a club that he, I can easily say, deserves.

Cheers from Belgrade to all of you, I`ve been watching a forum since Jokan came into your club.  082.gif

p.s. sorry for my bad english, I am obviously not a native speaker :)

An interesting post, thank you.

So, would SJ's friends call him Jokan or Slav? I assumed that Slavisa was his forename and Jokanovic his surname. Could you explain for info?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mitrosonfire

Yes, Jokanovic is his surname, but his ''official'' nickname here is Jokan (just google ''jokan'' and you`ll see). it`s not unusual here to give someone a nickname by a surname. Everybody here calls him ''Jokan'' - from fans, to media.

But I am sure he is ok with ''Slav''.  Its nice, catchy, and unusual :)

Ged

thanks for posting and welcome to the Fulham family
by the way you're English is better than most people born here

Mitrosonfire

thanks for the nice words mate!

Holders

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 09:30:27 AM
Yes, Jokanovic is his surname, but his ''official'' nickname here is Jokan (just google ''jokan'' and you`ll see). it`s not unusual here to give someone a nickname by a surname. Everybody here calls him ''Jokan'' - from fans, to media.

But I am sure he is ok with ''Slav''.  Its nice, catchy, and unusual :)

Ah, a bit like Johnners, Blowers, Aggers - and Holders.

Holders

Quote from: Ged on August 28, 2018, 09:30:41 AM
thanks for posting and welcome to the Fulham family
by the way you're English is better than most people born here

Yes! QED.

Mitrosonfire

Quote from: Holders on August 28, 2018, 09:38:32 AM

Ah, a bit like Johnners, Blowers, Aggers - and Holders.

yup, sth like that.

btw, I really like your squad. Schurrle is a magician, and if you can sign him (i think he is on the loan, or i am wrong?) it would be great thing. he is not old, and he has 6, maybe seven years to play on high level.  Seri is a beast also, great sign.  And not selling Sess this summer is also very important. If he is not a hot headed, benching him by Jokanovic previous match would do him only good, and he`ll continue to develop. he is a goldmine.

bog

Hello there, I have supported Fulham since 1953 and Slavisa is pushing to be one of our best ever managers. The style of play, how he improves players, his no nonsense approach to players, his bringing wins v teams we never used to beat before and his attitude that whenever or whoever we play we will play the same way. Non of the sound of beep beep as we park the bus.
As for Mitro....he could be on his way to God status with our fans! We love him!!

092.gif   

bornafulhamfan

Welcome to the forum, I think it is really nice to have someone from Serbia here, as both our manager and arguably our best player are from Serbia. I am aware of the popularity of Fulham in Serbia, as I have some friends from Serbia. Would you recommend any other Serbian players we could buy next year? I personally like Fejsa and Prijovic.

P.S. I also heard from my Serbian mates that in Serbia they don't call Mitrovic Mitro, but Mitar. Is that true?

Holders

Can you get cans of that Mitrovic Nr.9 beer and sell them to us on here?

Mitrosonfire

hello thanks for the warm wellcome.

yes he is ''Mitar'' in serbia, but its similar to Mitro. even some news put headlines ''mitro`s on fire''.

Fejsa - yes. he is hardworking defensive midfielder, similar to Luka Milivojevic (from c palace), but even more defence orientated. Jokanovic knows him very well, he even coached him in Partizan. he is a player we call ''bulldog'' - bites for every ball. It would not surprise me if he is on Jokanovic wishes.

Prijovic - I dont know. he is not born in serbia, and he hasnt played serbian league, so i dont know much about his pros and cons. but he is classic old school 9, just like Mitar.

I cannot recommend someone right now, I cant name a serbian player who would fit into your team now... Maybe Radonjic is good investment, but he just signed for marseille for 12m, and also you have sess on that position :)

Mitrosonfire

Quote from: Holders on August 28, 2018, 10:26:45 AM
Can you get cans of that Mitrovic Nr.9 beer and sell them to us on here?

hahaha I think that promotion is over.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 10:40:46 AM
hello thanks for the warm wellcome.

yes he is ''Mitar'' in serbia, but its similar to Mitro. even some news put headlines ''mitro`s on fire''.

Fejsa - yes. he is hardworking defensive midfielder, similar to Luka Milivojevic (from c palace), but even more defence orientated. Jokanovic knows him very well, he even coached him in Partizan. he is a player we call ''bulldog'' - bites for every ball. It would not surprise me if he is on Jokanovic wishes.

Prijovic - I dont know. he is not born in serbia, and he hasnt played serbian league, so i dont know much about his pros and cons. but he is classic old school 9, just like Mitar.

I cannot recommend someone right now, I cant name a serbian player who would fit into your team now... Maybe Radonjic is good investment, but he just signed for marseille for 12m, and also you have sess on that position :)
Thanks for your reply. Btw do you consider yourself a Fulham fan now?

ChesterTheTabby

Absolutely brilliant, and great to have you on board here at Friends of Fulham. I must say, I was rooting for Serbia in the World Cup when they played, and it was a shame they didn't make it farther - you have quite a good national team.

Back to the point at hand, Mitro is beloved by those here at Fulham, and I think he is going to be an absolute legend for us. We love him, he seems to love us, and I hope it stays that way for years to come!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFCSteve

Hi and welcome!
Nice to have you along for the ride!
Mitro already is "under our skin" as you put it! And pretty sure he loves being at FFC. He's signed a five year deal, so let's hope he's here long term.
Our gain has been Newcastle's loss! 👍
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: maoconnor on August 28, 2018, 10:51:19 AM
Absolutely brilliant, and great to have you on board here at Friends of Fulham. I must say, I was rooting for Serbia in the World Cup when they played, and it was a shame they didn't make it farther - you have quite a good national team.

Back to the point at hand, Mitro is beloved by those here at Fulham, and I think he is going to be an absolute legend for us. We love him, he seems to love us, and I hope it stays that way for years to come!
I rooted for Serbia too. I think they were really unlucky, especially in the game against Switzerland, as that was a clear pen on Mitro.

Mitrosonfire

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 28, 2018, 10:49:11 AM

Hey, I am a red star fan.  but I do sympathize and like to watch several clubs - palermo, not forest, and from past two seasons - fulham.

Chesh

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 11:00:21 AM

Hey, I am a red star fan.  but I do sympathize and like to watch several clubs - palermo, not forest, and from past two seasons - fulham.
Welcome mate, and thanks for your input  049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

PartizanFC

Quote from: Mitrosonfire on August 28, 2018, 11:00:21 AM

Jbt ja ovde pola godine i ne jebe me niko 2%,ti napises 1 post i javi ti se pola foruma..svaka cast burazeru..Jedina falinka je sto si zvezdas..ali sta je tu je :P
Pozdrav od grobara...

And yes..i am also from Serbia but nobody noticed that..I also see few other nicks from Serbia..so..we are here,watching and enjoing..Cheers