more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley Goals

Started by FFCSteve, August 26, 2018, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

Quote from: Statto on August 26, 2018, 08:40:01 PM
Having watched the first goal it looks like a combination of Betts and Odoi both doing very poorly. Not sure how MLM is to blame for that one.

Second MLM has lost his man but as others have said, it's only because his man had strayed offside, so would be harsh to blame him for the referee's error there IMO
MLM gave the ball away under no pressure, which led to the counter.

A lot will come with increased familiarity and communication, but there were also 4 or 5 times MLM and McDonald, then Chambers when he came on, kept going for the same defensive headers. Which was well stupid.

Hatch007

Having watched the first goal it looks like a combination of Betts and Odoi both doing very poorly. Not sure how MLM is to blame for that one.

Second MLM has lost his man but as others have said, it's only because his man had strayed offside, so would be harsh to blame him for the referee's error there IMO
Not sure how ...? Wtf!

He blatantly gave the ball away for the first goal. Fact, not opinion!

Clearly you're not a fan of Betts, nor Odoi, but don't embarrass yourself with such blatant bias. And against our own players! Unbelievable!!!!

I just don't understand your motive...

COYW

Hatch007

Quote from: grandad on August 26, 2018, 10:56:59 PM
Both goals were fortunate. Just seen them on MOTD. The first was half blocked by Odoi but it squirmed between his legs. Betts was on his knees anticipating it was coming to him until Odoi´s half block. Harsh to blame either of them.
The second was clearly offside. No more to be said.
:plus one:

Andy S

Come on guys we won our first match of the premier league. Only 37points required to avoid the drop

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Andy S on August 27, 2018, 01:06:59 AM
Come on guys we won our first match of the premier league. Only 37points required to avoid the drop

33 based on stats. 11 more wins.

hovewhite

You'd think we lost reading some of these post's!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 26, 2018, 11:55:12 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 26, 2018, 10:56:59 PM
Both goals were fortunate. Just seen them on MOTD. The first was half blocked by Odoi but it squirmed between his legs. Betts was on his knees anticipating it was coming to him until Odoi´s half block. Harsh to blame either of them.
The second was clearly offside. No more to be said.
:plus one:

Denis did as well as he could for the first, he made himself big as a goalie would and slightly blocked the effort..... to say he was at fault is very harsh. Odoi haters will obviously say otherwise.

Odoi haters?
Put them in your shoes don't you?😜

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 27, 2018, 12:41:50 AM

Not sure how ...? Wtf!

Clearly you're not a fan of Betts, nor Odoi, but don't embarrass yourself with such blatant bias. And against our own players! Unbelievable!!!!

COYW

Reading between the lines I'm thinking Statto is thinking if Fabri had let that goal in by going to ground he would have been lambasted in here imo.😊

Woodlawn

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 26, 2018, 10:18:33 PM
I thought Odoi did ok today but suffered from Fosu-Mensah being out of position a lot.
lot has been said on here about Fosu-Mensah but I thought his defending left a lot to be desired .Out of position and ball watching on 1st goal.

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 27, 2018, 07:01:13 AM
Quote from: Hatch007 on August 27, 2018, 12:41:50 AM

Not sure how ...? Wtf!

COYW

Reading between the lines I'm thinking Statto is thinking if Fabri had let that goal in by going to ground he would have been lambasted in here imo.😊

Yes, I don't think he'd have done a worse job.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Some of the replies in this thread is one reason why I'm turning away from here at the moment.
It does seem as if any different view, even if backed up by some logic, is pounced on as hating this player or other.
On other threads over last 24 hours comments made about personal abuse and about a forum being about discussion, but it also seems just like a lot about the world today, it has to be black and white and no grey.
Unfortunately some of the replies make me not want to comment about the goals we let in so I'll just keep them to myself.
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

Quote from: MJG on August 27, 2018, 10:44:41 AM
Some of the replies in this thread is one reason why I'm turning away from here at the moment.
It does seem as if any different view, even if backed up by some logic, is pounced on as hating this player or other.
On other threads over last 24 hours comments made about personal abuse and about a forum being about discussion, but it also seems just like a lot about the world today, it has to be black and white and no grey.
Unfortunately some of the replies make me not want to comment about the goals we let in so I'll just keep them to myself.

Well said Mike.  092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

I think it is normal, in any investigation, to identify the point at which something or somethings go wrong initiating for someone the very reason for having an inquiry.  In this case it is obviously the referee blowing his whistle to start the game and being barely competent to officiate a Sunday morning game let alone a PL match.  A lot of mistakes happen in a game of football and they happen to genius and fool alike.  If they didn't happen then the game would suffer from being boring and samey.  I thought every player contributed to make the game interesting and entertaining but the second Burnley goal was clearly offside and should have been flagged accordingly.   The first goal was largely down to the unfortunate way the ball came away from Odoi's block, and we will never know what may have happened next had it broken differently.

FFCSteve

Quote from: toshes mate on August 27, 2018, 11:35:06 AM
I think it is normal, in any investigation, to identify the point at which something or somethings go wrong initiating for someone the very reason for having an inquiry.  In this case it is obviously the referee blowing his whistle to start the game and being barely competent to officiate a Sunday morning game let alone a PL match.  A lot of mistakes happen in a game of football and they happen to genius and fool alike.  If they didn't happen then the game would suffer from being boring and samey.  I thought every player contributed to make the game interesting and entertaining but the second Burnley goal was clearly offside and should have been flagged accordingly.   The first goal was largely down to the unfortunate way the ball came away from Odoi's block, and we will never know what may have happened next had it broken differently.

Agreed Tosh

I would like to make it clear that in my opinion play broke down with the poor pass by MLM. This created the chance for Burnley to attack and score! This is not an attack at any player. No one is perfect! We all make mistakes!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

One James stannard

I don't think burnleys 2nd goal was offside, I did at the time whilst at the game but having watched it on MOTD2 the replays clearly show shurrlè and Marchand in line with Tarkowski.

bobbo

Second goal def offside , I said so the second it went in, and I'm on the halfway line.

Replays completely confirm it. Once a ref always one , yer never lose they say, but I'm not sure I ever had it 😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stevieboy

Surely most goals can be traced back to someone's error in the phase......or someone's moment of skill...which can then be said the ball shouldn't have reached that player.......that's what games of any sort rely on. If no body ever made a mistake then every game would be 0-0 !!