watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players like Chris Martin

Started by KingofCheese, August 29, 2018, 12:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

I was watching Joka tonight on the touch line and thinking how fantastic he has been for us, with at least 3 20million pound players in our team to manage and strength right through every position (except maybe right back as Christie is pretty much it). Then I thought about Chris Martin and how he refused to play with us to try and force a move back to Derby. That kinda killed him for us and when he got back to Derby, Maclaren had gone and he got pushed out on loan and is just another has been. I thought then, I wonder what Chris Martín thinks now..does he regret his antics? I remember Bullard and his "Hull are a big club, the table doesn't lie" and others like him over the years who threw away chances not just at Fulham but elsewhere.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

The problem is some of these young lads are not streetwise. They have gone from school in to football where they are told what to do, what to eat and how to play. Yes they earn a lot of money. I blame McLaren for what went on there. He was like a father figure to Martin. He should have apologised to him as we has wrecked his career and destroyed his confidence. Had Martin stayed with us and fought like a lion he could be a premier league player by now

AllyWhite

Thank God for his antics though. If he had stayed and done decently, we wouldn't have gotten Mitro.

hovewhite

It's Karma looking at the Martin debacle!

ffc73

A Chris Martin with Rui Fonte's spirit & attitude would be a better squad backup to have for Mitro right now. IMO

I hope Rui finds a loan / move before the window shuts as on last nights and previous evidence he is just making the numbers up for us. I would have preferred us to experiment with Kamara @ no9 last night. Just to see if he could substitute for Mitro if the main man gets injured

KingofCheese

Quote from: hovewhite on August 29, 2018, 04:16:24 AM
It's Karma looking at the Martin debacle!

Yes..it seems to me that it hardly ever works out for the player in the long run.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 29, 2018, 02:17:27 AM
Thank God for his antics though. If he had stayed and done decently, we wouldn't have gotten Mitro.

And therefore would have still been in the Championship...yep I see that...
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Andy S on August 29, 2018, 01:02:37 AM
The problem is some of these young lads are not streetwise. They have gone from school in to football where they are told what to do, what to eat and how to play. Yes they earn a lot of money. I blame McLaren for what went on there. He was like a father figure to Martin. He should have apologised to him as we has wrecked his career and destroyed his confidence. Had Martin stayed with us and fought like a lion he could be a premier league player by now
Yes, but Chris Martin is 29 and, including loan spells, Fulham was his 6th club in 10 years.  He should have learned a bit about his own attitude/commitment in that time.  He's probably earned a lot of money and perhaps that satisfies him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.