watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's our next away win comming from?

Started by Admin, February 06, 2010, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

We beat a poor Pompy on the opening day of the season (via a bum), have lost away to Wolves, Blackburn, Stoke, Birmingham drawn at West Ham, Burnley & Wigan.

Apart from playing the bigger guns away from home, we've either got a chance at Hull or Sunderland. Is it likely that will will only win one away from home this season and if so, that is really, really poor form. Good point today but on a whole, we didn't deserve it. Bolton must be fuming!

We seem to be a diferent team away from home and don't like attacking. For 90 minutes today, we let bolton press & press & press until they got their goal and to be fair it was a goal.

We ride or luck, sit back & then with 15 to go we shut up shop. I'd just love us to start attacking teams away from home I really would. When we are on the back foot we do do this. It's been proven against the likes of Man city, West Ham & Stoke...

No wonder we only took 600 to Spurs! not only do the fans nkow what's coming but they also know they won't see a shot on goal for the whole 90 minutes & it's not as we even try to hit teams on the break. Woy's continental style of play from the back is really starting to get up my nose and we're not even doing that this well this season  >:(

LBNo11

...I was going to mention that we have so many 1st team players out through injury so it is to be expected; however, we play the same way with the first team...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Mr Admin has it right. We are only playing for 1 point away from home. Roy always does that. I don't care how talented you are, but who replaces a striker with a central defender? I don't think Man U bought Smalling to replace Rooney.

If you never play to win away from home, you are likely to never do so. Roy is old school and firmly believes in winning at home and not losing away. That explains what we see every week and also why I am not feeling bad about missing any away games at all anymore. Why bother spend the time and money watching Fulham up north? Disgrace in my book.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Where's our next away win comming from?-JESUS?

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chopper

Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Admin

What also gets up my nose it that he never even had a set of bollox to bring Riise on. I know Riise is not great but he brings an attacking sense to the game. Bolton where poor, very poor but we didn't bring ONE piece flare to the table today. We simply DON'T attack!!!

With a team like Bolton, get the 1st goal and we will go on to beat them 1 or 2-0. I don't buy all this "We've got that out, this out" etc because Bolton where there for the taking today. Any other team would have taken them to the cleaners but no, not us!

Whats the point of having 2 upfront, 2 wide men when the midfield & defence what to knock the ball about in the last 3rd with no intensions of going forward or even supporting our wide or front men? to make it worse, Murphy gets mugged all the time putting his 'shakey' back 4 under pressure all the time. Murphy (the player he is) should be picking the ball up and ADVANCING forward..

I'm not impressed or convinced with that point today what so ever. We we're lucky to get it and if it weren't for Swartz & a lazy linesman, we would have been beaten 3-0 end of.

When Woy wants to stop playing that 'continental' rubbish and adapt to the free flowing game built for the Premiership, you might just start seeing us win away from home. I can understand playing it at the likes of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc when you don't have a chance in hell but not against this pile of rubbish that have turned us over away from home to date.  >:(

mattiesafer

Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2010, 05:23:35 PM
Mr Admin has it right. We are only playing for 1 point away from home. Roy always does that. I don't care how talented you are, but who replaces a striker with a central defender? I don't think Man U bought Smalling to replace Rooney.

If you never play to win away from home, you are likely to never do so. Roy is old school and firmly believes in winning at home and not losing away. That explains what we see every week and also why I am not feeling bad about missing any away games at all anymore. Why bother spend the time and money watching Fulham up north? Disgrace in my book.

I thought Smalling looked a lot more impressive upfront than Nevland or Elm had... And to be honest probably better than Riise would've looked, too.  Too little too late though.

Admin

I'd also like to add that teams this season have sussed us out! "Oh here come Fulham, playing for a point again. Lets not let them fool us this time around. Bash em' up and they will break"...

Bolton did this to us today (we got lucky), Wolves did this to us (we lost), Blackburn did (And really gave us a kicking) & Stoke got away with it until half time then sh1t themselves when Woy thought "Oh, we better attack and get 3 goals if we want our point".

If we went out and did it from the off rather than waiting for these 'physical' side to settle and start ruling the game, I BET my life on it, we'd all start seeing the odd shock win here & there away from home.  >:(