News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is your all time favourite football song and what song do you hate most?

Started by Andy S, August 30, 2018, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I've got two favourites for best and worst
Best aye aye aye aye Macedo  is better than Yashin Clarke is better than Eusebio and Leeds are in for a thrashing.
2 He's here he's there were not allowed to swear Or every effing where Barry Lloyd
Hated most Liverpool's Liverpool Liverpool
2 west hams Bubbles

gang

Best: Down By The River.  The Clash.
Worse: Take me home Al Fayed. (Think it's time to let the past go).

Neil D

Best: 'There's only one F in Fulham' - except I've never heard it actually sung...I think it's apocryphal.
Most hated: 'You'll never walk alone'. 

Burt

Favourite from many moons ago - "It's spring again, we'll sing again, bollox to Luton Town". Must appeal to the little kid in me. Haven't got a clue about it's origins. Perhaps HatterDon may have something to say about it :)

Least favourite - the current Slav "he comes from Serbia, he'll f-ing murder ya" one.

Dr Know

The best song - the one about our first black player , Stanley Horne.  The worst  -  the liquidator  by Harry J Allstars .

Russianrob

The best song began"oh who's the best team in the land...' the worst began something like "Fulham boys we are here.."It was very crude and uncultured.We are so much classier these days as is proved when some opposing fans taunt us with "Does your butler know you're here".

bog

The best:- England squad's   Back Home....from 1970, the first song by the national side.  :54:

Worst:- Blue is the colour.... :022:

092.gif

SuffolkWhite

"Ashkhan Dejagh he's an Iranian" I thought was funny.

This place is a Library is one I dont like.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulham traveller

Best Bullard song
Worse we are Fulham and on our way back back cringe

cookieg

Quote from: Russianrob on August 30, 2018, 03:32:19 PM
The best song began"oh who's the best team in the land...' the worst began something like "Fulham boys we are here.."It was very crude and uncultured.We are so much classier these days as is proved when some opposing fans taunt us with "Does your butler know you're here".

Well I always get James to drop me orff outside the ground and wait for me round the corner for after the match so my driver knows I am at the game and I always tell the butler and housemaid I am going out and to have my smoking jacket and pipe ready for me for when I arrive home.

Barrett487

Worst =  'We are Fulham' , purely because of the classless, childish Chelsea reference at the end. Not every one wants to use that sort of language willy-nilly  :003:

Best = there are a few i like, but i'll give an honourable mention to "So here's to you Ryan Tunnicliffe"

DevonFFC

Holders

I liked the Luton Town one, also "There's a Circus in the Town" and "Distant Drums".

As for other teams' songs "Blue is the Colour" and "Blowing Bubbles" must be the worst.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

I still like Take Me Home, Al Fayed. it seems anthemic, talks of our historic origins -the Cottage by the river, and our home's importance to us - having been threatened on a few occasions.

Least favourite? 'We pay your benefits' sung to  fans north of Watford, is one I never joined in with.

F(f)CUK

I used to love - you've come all this way, and you've lost. Best modern one is Queens park rangers, it's happening again.

General

Aston Villa fans getting beaten comprehensively by a team and were so bored they chanted 'let's pretend we scored a goal' x3 and then proceeded to cheer as if they had scored a goal.

General

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnYloe5rhw

Also like you'll never walk alone by Liverpool,  West hams bubbles.. club anthems like that.

And when we sung stand up if you still believe. The best impromptu chant I've ever been part of.

How poo must you be we're winning away which we sung originally at reading...

Wish fulham had more anthems.

Southcoastffc

What was the one we sang a couple of seasons ago about taking off a shoe? 

Worst for me is that flipping Blowing Bubbles.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

I love "Take me back..." it speaks of a time and place that was very emotional. It's not a generic chant but specific to FFC.

I don't like songs with gratuitous swearing e.g. F... Chelsea.  I won't join in.  The SJ song which included "he'll f...ing murder you" was another I wouldn't sing.