watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schurrle top man

Started by Stevieboy, August 30, 2018, 06:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

Just watched his recent interview....top man.
I think he is going to do very well for us.

Was thinking his drive that skimmed the bar was reminiscent of Rodney's spectacular goal in that legendary game v Hereford in the late '70s..........had a great view from the Green Pole for that one!!

PartizanFC

Quote from: Stevieboy on August 30, 2018, 06:27:34 PM

Was thinking his drive that skimmed the bar was reminiscent of Rodney's spectacular goal in that legendary game v Hereford in the late '70s..........had a great view from the Green Pole for that one!!

Lol..when i was young i was Hereford fan..Onlyfan in Serbia i supose :P
My favourite video was winning goal when Hereford won against NUFC..Unfortunatelly,that club not existed anymore...now they play some 7th ligue :(

Barrett487

Quote from: PartizanFC on August 30, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

My favourite video was winning goal when Hereford won against NUFC..Unfortunatelly,that club not existed anymore...now they play some 7th ligue :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC9uII1ymxE

Fulham Hereford 1976 highlights still on Youtube  049:gif

JOND999

i love Schurrle.  was really excited about that deal.  he could lead the league is SOGs.   

funny, though, he has only one move.  he kicks the ball a few feet away to get space and then runs up on it for the shot.  not sure why others don't do this more often b/c it looks pretty effective.  however, maybe he was found out on this in the Bundesliga, making him less effective.  will be interesting to watch.

or maybe like Robben's cut in from the right side, it's unstoppable even if you know it's coming...

Carborundum

Funny game football. The scorer of that goal, Ronnie Radford, enjoyed a relatively modest career but is remembered today for that goal and indeed won BBC goal of the season.  His near namesake Ronnie Rosenthal played for Liverpool around the time of their pomp....but is remembered for the worst miss of an open goal in many a long year.

I must respectfully note that being in the National League is a long way from being out of existence.  Spent time at the ground of a national league team last night.....new season already underway.  Football at this level makes a lot of people very happy!

PartizanFC

Quote from: Carborundum on August 30, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

Funny game football. The scorer of that goal, Ronnie Radford, enjoyed a relatively modest career but is remembered today for that goal and indeed won BBC goal of the season.  His near namesake Ronnie Rosenthal played for Liverpool around the time of their pomp....but is remembered for the worst miss of an open goal in many a long year.

I must respectfully note that being in the National League is a long way from being out of existence.  Spent time at the ground of a national league team last night.....new season already underway.  Football at this level makes a lot of people very happy!

There was the time,not long ago when Hereford played at Wembley,won and played in ligue 2...Then they lost name becouse of depts and relegated to ligue 7...for me..its not same club...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MriONywh2zo