watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico

Started by alfie, August 30, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We seem to have three keepers with very little to choose among the three of them

We should stay with Betts until either of the other two prove to be better.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Porthogs FC on August 30, 2018, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: nose on August 30, 2018, 01:06:38 PM
rico's distribution V exeter was the worst i have seen from a keeper in years. he caught the ball at least three times in the air and flapped at one, as far as I can remeber and he looked badly positioned when exeter hit the post.  However it was his first game, the team had 11 changes and he did look nervous so i expect that to improve.

Fabri is far too poor to risk against Brighton a team that will have many high balls into the box, Betts is simply a no brainer to start the game if we hope to be winning.

That's different from the Burnley match I watched. The matched I watched, they had two shots on goal. The match I watched, they scored on them. The match I watched, Odoi and Betts had an absolute nightmare of a man show them how to score... oh wait no he didn't, they just didn't play good defense. The other shot, which granted was offside, Betts was more about calling the offside than saving the ball.

Betts has no business being in our goal. But hey, everyone sees it differently.

For me, Porthogs, this is a load of hogwash.

How Betts could be blamed for the first goal is crazy. Odoi closed Hendricks down well but it landed kindly for him to finish on the rebound. Youd probably think kinder of Odoi and Betts if Hendricks had lashed it in without the first attempot at stopping it. The second one was put it from a couple of feet, few keepers would even get anywhere near it so I think this is gravely unjust.

"Betts has no business being in our goal" - what other than being a large part of us being in the prem in the first place?

cookieg

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 31, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: Porthogs FC on August 30, 2018, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: nose on August 30, 2018, 01:06:38 PM
rico's distribution V exeter was the worst i have seen from a keeper in years. he caught the ball at least three times in the air and flapped at one, as far as I can remeber and he looked badly positioned when exeter hit the post.  However it was his first game, the team had 11 changes and he did look nervous so i expect that to improve.

Fabri is far too poor to risk against Brighton a team that will have many high balls into the box, Betts is simply a no brainer to start the game if we hope to be winning.

That's different from the Burnley match I watched. The matched I watched, they had two shots on goal. The match I watched, they scored on them. The match I watched, Odoi and Betts had an absolute nightmare of a man show them how to score... oh wait no he didn't, they just didn't play good defense. The other shot, which granted was offside, Betts was more about calling the offside than saving the ball.

Betts has no business being in our goal. But hey, everyone sees it differently.

For me, Porthogs, this is a load of hogwash.

How Betts could be blamed for the first goal is crazy. Odoi closed Hendricks down well but it landed kindly for him to finish on the rebound. Youd probably think kinder of Odoi and Betts if Hendricks had lashed it in without the first attempot at stopping it. The second one was put it from a couple of feet, few keepers would even get anywhere near it so I think this is gravely unjust.

"Betts has no business being in our goal" - what other than being a large part of us being in the prem in the first place?

For me I couldn't understand why Betts was so close to Odoi, if he had stayed on his line he would have been better placed to deal with the shot. Maybe just a rush of blood to want to get involved. Nothing he could have done with the second though.

Denver Fulham

I'm hard on our goalkeepers usually, but I'm not sure what anyone thinks Betts should have done on either goal. He was a non-factor against Burnley.

Snibbo

Betts has posted his pic on instagram,  which,  in the past at least,  he does when he knows he's playing

aaronmcguigan

Three keepers of similar level may be the making of Jokanovic. If he is able to make them compete with each other, develop and improve to the point where one has improved so much he is an undisputed number 1, that will not only help the team, the keepers themselves and also Khans bank balance (if it's Betts or Fabri)