watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know it is an away point ...

Started by FulhamKC, September 01, 2018, 04:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

Our guys can play in this league. Brighton is a good team. After that game I feel like we are better than them and can keep on pushing forward.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: PartizanFC on September 01, 2018, 05:16:46 PM
Mitro gave everything...
If he dont care he wouldnt be in def so late in game...I know him,he feels right now like he ruin the game..He need support right now becouse he could loose confidence and he is 4 of 4 scorer...

I agree. There's something bigger going on then this just this result. Mitro! Mitro! Mitro!

bornafulhamfan

I just want to say something to all the people slagging MLM that Betts, Fosu-Mensah, Mawson, Kmac, Zambo and Seri (Vietto, Mitro and Schuerrle too, just not in the danger area) all made similar mistakes, their mistakes however weren't punished today and on another day they could have been. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Odoi was our most solid defensive player today: good in air, good in tackling, not many passing mistakes. Mitro made one really stupid mistake, but ran almost full 95 minutes, really giving his best and created a goal out of thin air. And I voted for Seri for motm as he made fewer mistakes than most of our players, while being great in defense and in offense.

Ordar

We are giving possession away pretty regularly in dangerous positions, which is a worry. Also we never seem to have fullbacks in position when we lose the ball in transition. Both the first goal today and the Burnley goal, the fullback was nowhere to be seen. Maybe we should play them a bit more defensively

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: PartizanFC on September 01, 2018, 05:16:46 PM
Mitro gave everything...
If he dont care he wouldnt be in def so late in game...I know him,he feels right now like he ruin the game..He need support right now becouse he could loose confidence and he is 4 of 4 scorer...

Mitro is Top Man, with the heart the size of a football. A 100% man always.
He has 4 precious goals to his name so soon. I have forgotten about the hand ball already.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 01, 2018, 05:20:15 PM
I just want to say something to all the people slagging MLM that Betts, Fosu-Mensah, Mawson, Kmac, Zambo and Seri (Vietto, Mitro and Schuerrle too, just not in the danger area) all made similar mistakes, their mistakes however weren't punished today and on another day they could have been. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Odoi was our most solid defensive player today: good in air, good in tackling, not many passing mistakes. Mitro made one really stupid mistake, but ran almost full 95 minutes, really giving his best and created a goal out of thin air. And I voted for Seri for motm as he made fewer mistakes than most of our players, while being great in defense and in offense.

I agree with you.

Walsh

I don't understand how people are justifying the result by saying "They just beat United", If I look at our fixtures I feel Brighton, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff are the ones which we need to be picking up points against, I know that we did pick up a point but it should have been 3 points, we shouldn't be 2-0 up in the 65th minute and go on to draw 2-2.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Walsh on September 01, 2018, 05:25:33 PM
I don't understand how people are justifying the result by saying "They just beat United", If I look at our fixtures I feel Brighton, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff are the ones which we need to be picking up points against, I know that we did pick up a point but it should have been 3 points, we shouldn't be 2-0 up in the 65th minute and go on to draw 2-2.

Yes agree,people making out that Brighton are a top 4 side because they beat Manure,Jose lot are in a bad way at moment,I think anyone would have beaten them when Brighton did imo.

Tabby

Brighton are a good side at home though. A draw isn't the end of the world.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2018, 05:23:16 PM
We are giving possession away pretty regularly in dangerous positions, which is a worry. Also we never seem to have fullbacks in position when we lose the ball in transition. Both the first goal today and the Burnley goal, the fullback was nowhere to be seen. Maybe we should play them a bit more defensively

We play the ball out of the back. When the ball is given up while doing this, the ball is always given away in a dangerous position. We're going to keep seeing these mistakes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

Naturally it's a learning curve with basically a brand new defence, a lot of new players in the team.
We are now in the Premier League whereupon we are more likely to get punished and pay for any mistakes.
It's how we respond to these set backs.
But we have accrued points both home and away after only 4 matches.
We are finding the net. As a team we must learn to keep a clean sheet.
So these issues and incidents will happen in an unforgiving Division.
Let's not be too critical, let's think of the good points in the match, like an away point for starters.

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Mitro attacked the ball as he would in the other goalmouth, an attempt to take it with the shoulder. The difference is that it wouldn't have mattered at the other end and that's what he's used to. It's down to experience and I doubt he'll make that mistake again. I won't bash him for helping out the defence.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Sorry but it is ludicrous to say that we should win against Brighton, Burnley etc in our part of the league to stay comfortable. Brighton have a gREAT home record. Burnley finished high enough last season to get into Europe. I really think fans should try and be a bit more conservative and sensible when dishing out forecasts. We were second best today but went two up and Betts saved a Pen. We gained a really good point. Let's not pretend we are close to being as good as Burnley or Brighton yet. This was Mawsons first league game for goodness sake and we have a few players injured, notably Cairney.

Thought Odoi and Mac deserve a mention. While all the praise will go to others.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

switching mlm to a new position so early in the season did not help - he is still settling in this league.  why not play bryan from the start - he was a  sub so not injured?

Pud

It's 2 points dropped in my opinion. A 2 goal lead with 25 minutes left should be seen out.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

Yes agree,people making out that Brighton are a top 4 side because they beat Manure,Jose lot are in a bad way at moment,I think anyone would have beaten them when Brighton did imo.

We have to pick points up everywhere we go, it's naive to think we can target certain teams, because who they are, and write off results against so called bigger teams, because of who they are.
Because if we think like that, we definitely will go down.
We have to pick up points all over the shop to keep our status.
The likes of Brighton and Burnley and Huddersfield and Cardiff are not going to lie down any more than we will.
Why can't we go to Old Trafford and The Emirates and get results.
This is what makes the Premier Division what it is, and why it is so competitive.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Pud on September 01, 2018, 05:44:16 PM
It's 2 points dropped in my opinion. A 2 goal lead with 25 minutes left should be seen out.

Not in this league. We were a tad fortunate to be where we were and not behind. It wasn't as if we were dictating the game. Frankly nobody played that well and the team were iffy. So two goals up just means we should defend but we are not a side that can defend. Our centre half was playing his first game back for months after a bad injury and had an iffy touch or three. So I think a point is about fair.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Deeping_white

With their home record you'd take a guaranteed point before kick off, but naturally letting a two goal lead slip is disappointing. Biggest gripe for me today was playing MLM at LB rather than CB. Odoi got bullied by Murray all afternoon so I don't get his inclusion, and Bryan at LB would've allowed more control as he's a natural LB with extra pace, so I've got to blame Slav for that. Aside from that, we were very good for 60 minutes, yes Brighton had chances but other than the first penalty which shouldn't have counted owing to Murray being offside initially and trying to play the ball, how many saves did Betts actually have to make?

We know our strengths as a team, we're currently on 4 from 4 which for a brand new team is more than decent, even though it should probably be 6 from 4. We will get better and as long as we take at least a point a game on average until everyone is truly bedded in, we're going to start putting teams like Brighton to the sword quite effectively, as apart from Spurs I haven't actually seen anything overly decent from the other 3 teams we played which fills me with confidence in how we'll perform when we click compared to the other average teams in this league.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2018, 05:51:04 PM
Quote from: Pud on September 01, 2018, 05:44:16 PM

Not in this league. We were a tad fortunate to be where we were and not behind. It wasn't as if we were dictating the game. Frankly nobody played that well and the team were iffy. So two goals up just means we should defend but we are not a side that can defend. Our centre half was playing his first game back for months after a bad injury and had an iffy touch or three. So I think a point is about fair.

True to a point,but it doesn't matter if we were fortunate or not to be 2 up,the fact is we were,whether it Brighton or one of the top 4,matches should be seen out from that position.
Saying that I'm happy enough with the point.Coyw.

terryr

Brighton shouldnt one in your list given their last three games
Is Man U in your list?