https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Special on Fulham on NBCSN at 1:30 ET

Started by RoyTund, September 02, 2018, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Quote from: RoyTund on September 02, 2018, 03:45:47 PM
For the Americans here.

Interesting insight from the clips they have shown so far. Apparently we have the 5th highest fan recognition in the US.
"Fan recognition" doesn't necessarily equate with "supporter".  I suspect the statistic speaks to awareness of the club relative to other clubs.  I have plenty of pals in the States who support Arsenal, Tottenham, ManU, or Liverpool, but they are aware of Fulham because of its historic willingness to give American players a chance, an opportunity.  That doesn't go unnoticed.  Not at all.   So I guess it all gets down to interpretation of the word "recognition" as it was used in the study. 

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Holders on September 04, 2018, 12:46:34 PM
Am I not right in thinking that Russ Goldman was behind getting the club to put this on the website?

Russ Goldman is such a genuinely fantastic man, have met him several times, and yes, he helps so much more than most on here know in getting Fulham connections here in the States. Cheers Russ!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

Quote from: MJG on September 02, 2018, 07:26:27 PM
Its here
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/september/02/promoted

Agreed good solid piece if unspectacular.. Thought we may get more insights but feels very much like party line stuff.. shame the interviewer wasn't more on it with his questioning. If broadcast to a wide audience then won't hurt the club much..

On a side note, having seen shahid make note of our US brand awareness and following etc do we think this friendly against a team from the Indian premier league is another step to consolidate ourselves as another leading player in an emerging and potentially very lucrative market in India?  I know shahid is Pakistani in heritage and there's the whole political nuance of India and Pakistan now and their shared history.. but do you think having an owner from that area bodes well for us?

Assume you could build quite a few commercial partnerships leveraging that in the country and if groundwork was put in now it could pay significant dividends for a relatively cheap output at some point as the Indian premier league starts to develop and the economy gets stronger.

General

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 04, 2018, 10:42:00 PM
For the Americans here.

Interesting insight from the clips they have shown so far. Apparently we have the 5th highest fan recognition in the US.
"Fan recognition" doesn't necessarily equate with "supporter".  I suspect the statistic speaks to awareness of the club relative to other clubs.  I have plenty of pals in the States who support Arsenal, Tottenham, ManU, or Liverpool, but they are aware of Fulham because of its historic willingness to give American players a chance, an opportunity.  That doesn't go unnoticed.  Not at all.   So I guess it all gets down to interpretation of the word "recognition" as it was used in the study. 

Agreed but that awareness and soft spot will always turn into footfall in some regards.. we see it on here all the time and fans coming to their first premier league game at Fulham,  buying scarves and becoming fans as a result. We're a cheaper and more personal team than the top 6 so it makes sense on a lot of levels. I expect fulham in a couple of years if time hey continue their current trajectory to really start to push themselves again with preseason tours etc..

Forever Fulham

Quote from: General on September 05, 2018, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 04, 2018, 10:42:00 PM
For the Americans here.

Agreed but that awareness and soft spot will always turn into footfall in some regards.. we see it on here all the time and fans coming to their first premier league game at Fulham,  buying scarves and becoming fans as a result. We're a cheaper and more personal team than the top 6 so it makes sense on a lot of levels. I expect fulham in a couple of years if time hey continue their current trajectory to really start to push themselves again with preseason tours etc..
I agree with you.  And as to your earlier point about establishing awareness and nexus of sorts with Indian market--brilliant marketing ploy.  Enormous middle class population over there.  And so many Indian Brits.   The post colonial culture connection.  Makes sense to me. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Camel Club on September 04, 2018, 09:45:55 PM
An interesting watch. Given that the title was 'Promoted' I'm not sure it fully reflected just how incredible the second half of the season was and didn't really do justice to the key personnel changes that were made both on and off the pitch.

That said it was fascinating to hear from Shad Khan and his take on things not only now but looking back to when he purchased Fulham. I got the impression that he really felt the public humiliation of relegation which explains why he spent so much in the transfer window. He clearly has no intention of Fulham even flirting with relegation and seems to be in it for the long haul.

Agreed.

I expected something similar to Leichester's rise to the top of the EPL where they discussed sections of the season and how the locker room coped, how the coaching staff coped, the ups and downs of the season.

I'm a Shad fan, but this should have focused a great deal more on the actual players and coaches.