watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro’s celebration

Started by RP24, September 10, 2018, 11:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

Does anyone know what mitros celebration is about? Very similar to Diomansay Kamara's

Jamie88

I think I read an interview of his recently where he mentions that he simply started doing it and that it doesn't really mean anything

RP24

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 10, 2018, 11:16:50 PM
I think I read an interview of his recently where he mentions that he simply started doing it and that it doesn't really mean anything

Ahh that's a shame. Hoped there was a good story behind it. Kamara never let on what his meant either if I remeber.

Milo

Think he did it for us in Playoffs and apparently his son was doing it when he got home from a game one afternoon and so it's stuck!

alexjack

Hey guys! Insights from Serbia! :)
It's Luca Toni's celebration. Calcio was very popular in Serbia when Mitro was a kid.

RP24

Holders

He wants us to sing him his song.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jamie88

With a bit of research it does seem to have originated from Luca Toni and a few other players who played in Italy. Its supposed to mean something along the lines of - 'Did you see the goal I just scored? Do you understand now?' - Diomansy Kamara said he started doing it in Italy when he was trying to prove a point, a bit like pointing to the name on the back of your shirt.

No, I dont get it fully either. :/

RP24

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 11, 2018, 10:16:54 AM
With a bit of research it does seem to have originated from Luca Toni and a few other players who played in Italy. Its supposed to mean something along the lines of - 'Did you see the goal I just scored? Do you understand now?' - Diomansy Kamara said he started doing it in Italy when he was trying to prove a point, a bit like pointing to the name on the back of your shirt.

No, I dont get it fully either. :/

Well at least i know now. Interesting to heat the Kamara bit as well as I remember an interview when he said he'd rather keep it secret as to the reason behind the celebration.

Southcoastffc

Or,

"Did you see the goal I just scored now? Do you understand now?" - Luca Toni reportedly said this in an interview Supposedly another meaning - In certain Italian circles it is essential to clean behind your ears. Something a good mother should have shown their son at an early age.   By rubbing his hand around his ear he is implying that he had a good mother, whilst the opposing fans didn't.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

I havn't a clue s to the meaning of the celebration but hope that I will see it another dozen or more times at the Cottage before the end of the season.

BlackWhiteArmy

Could be Luca Toni imitation, Premier League was never really popular in the Balkans until maybe 15-20 years ago, and it got really popular after Juventus got kicked out in the Serie B and Calcio went to poo, before that, Calcio was by far the most popular league, now, I lived in at least 7 different countries, never saw calcio on tv in any of them, while all of them had Premier League and Primera, then again, don't think Mitrovic is old enough to remember the old calcio days and fever before Milan vs Inter or Inter vs Juve game, Roma vs Lazio etc it was in the mid 90's.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Kamara's one started as a discreet way to remind his manager (who wasn't starting him) that he was a useful finisher. I wondered whether Mitro was using it as a nod to Benitez - but that's probably reading too much into it.

VancouverWhite

Doesn't it look like a mental or crazy sign? Mitro's been labeled as both.