News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Beckham's new MLS Team (daft name)

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 05, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: BarryP on September 07, 2018, 12:43:31 AM
Quote from: Holders on September 06, 2018, 06:53:59 PM
Quote from: BarryP on September 06, 2018, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 06, 2018, 02:10:41 PM
The crest really does look ok. The writing around the outside is rather self-indulgent and contains spelling mistakes (not just American variants) and punctuation errors. I expect David writ it himself.

What's his fascination with Miami - does he live there now or something?

I think his fascination with Miami has to do with MLS granting him franchise rights to the Miami market. 

As for the spelling mistakes and punctuation errors I'm not seeing them but I freely admit my Spanish is more than a little rusty.

I meant in the little explanatory boxes around the outside of the crest. My Spanish is limited to asking for a beer.

Sorry about that, for some reason the boxes don't show up when I view the website on my phone.

I'm impressed that you should think that my Spanish is up to criticising it!   "Uno cafe bitte" is about my limit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Forever Fulham

Is he serious?  "The Heron legs communicate our unity."

The idiocy of branding consultants.

Woolly Mammoth

They couldn't brand the backside of a steer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Still not a MLS fan though I am becoming more and more an Atlanta United fan.  Very fun to go to the matches and have to say the stadium is incredible. 

What the MLS is trying to do with the new expansion teams is create rivalry's between various teams and regions.  Can't say that I have seen any really develop yet, not at least that could be compared to English FA rivalry's.  Guess it will need time. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

G_Gribby

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 06, 2018, 09:30:41 PM
Should have called it Miami Vice

Agree completely.

I was in Miami ones a long time ago and I remember having a Caesar salad at some place crowded with Vice Guys.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

General

Quote from: AllyWhite on September 06, 2018, 04:48:47 AM
Quote from: General on September 05, 2018, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on September 05, 2018, 10:20:49 PM
Agree.  For the region it's an inspired name.  Not sure about a pink crest though..

Its the context behind the cranes I haven't understood yet.. although I haven't read into it much.

That's the most convoluted meaning behind a badge I think I've ever seen - what crap. As if people care enough to memorise that stuff and care that much about the meaning of a badge..

the seven rays are a homage to David, and Miami's ability to bring people together from the seven continents... what utter garbage.

Keep things like badges subtle, simple and obvious..