watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Films Are You Watching?

Started by White Noise, October 08, 2010, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

What have you seen recently in the cinema or on the box or are you going to see.

I am going to try and see 'Mr Nice' about everyone's favourite drug smuggler Howard Marks. He is my 8th favourite Welshman and a really top chap by all accounts. He is being played by professional Taffy Rhys Ifans and the pulchritudinous Chloe Sevigny has somehow been cast as his missus.

I am also pleased to see that they are making a film of one of my other fave books of the last 10 years 'Moneyball'. I have spoken to lots of like minded Brits about the book but what do those people on here who actually know something about baseball think of the book. Bit of shame that Brad Pitt is going to star.

sacffc

Quote from: White Noise on October 08, 2010, 08:07:44 PM
I am also pleased to see that they are making a film of one of my other fave books of the last 10 years 'Moneyball'. I have spoken to lots of like minded Brits about the book but what do those people on here who actually know something about baseball think of the book. Bit of shame that Brad Pitt is going to star.

I think Fulham fans will be able to relate to the effort to compete with teams that have a whole lot more money, by thinking outside the box and challenging conventional wisdom.  Billy Beane found a number of great players over the years.  Most of them, unfortunately, eventually moved on to richer clubs.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

leonffc

What have you seen recently in the cinema or on the box or are you going to see.

I am going to try and see 'Mr Nice' about everyone's favourite drug smuggler Howard Marks. He is my 8th favourite Welshman

OK, I'm guessing the 7 ahead of him are Coleman, Mark Hughes, Simon Davies, Nogoodboyo, Mark Bowen....I'm struggling now...... symmons, Zeta Jones?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on October 08, 2010, 08:33:23 PM

I am going to try and see 'Mr Nice' about everyone's favourite drug smuggler Howard Marks. He is my 8th favourite Welshman

OK, I'm guessing the 7 ahead of him are Coleman, Mark Hughes, Simon Davies, Nogoodboyo, Mark Bowen....I'm struggling now...... symmons, Zeta Jones?
Ivor, Jeff Hopkins. Surely not Pembridge.