https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Man City

Started by WhiteJC, September 12, 2018, 11:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

What a load of Bottle merchants .......

grandad

Cairney, Ream & Kebano are still not fit to feature.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

Odds on offer of up to 25/1 according to Oddschecker.

COYWs

Facts Not Fiction

Fabri

Fosu Mensah Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Seri McDonald Anguissa

Vietto Mitrovic Schurrle

Chutney

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 14, 2018, 09:30:09 AM
Fabri

Seri McDonald Anguissa

Vietto Mitrovic Schurrle

Interesting that you'd to drop our Number 1 off the back of a win and a draw (our only points of the season so far) + An England call up. I think its probably time you move on with this agenda against betts.

Other than that I completely agree with the outfield players you've picked, given our current injuries. Cairney will be a big miss, hope he's not out for too long, there's a lot of pressure on Seri to do the ball retention job on his own.
C O Y W

RaySmith

Be odd to drop Betts after just reinstating him, when his performance was good-
what's your reasoning behind this, out of interest?

I might have Sess instead of Vietto, who has been good, for his defensive qualities.

MJG

I ran a number of polls on twitter over last few days (some with over a thousand taking part) and the team voted for was..

Betts
TFM
Bryan
Mawson
Marchand
Kmac
Seri
Frank
Schurrle
Vietto
Mitrovic
Just the views of a long term fan

Milo

Interesting that popular opinion would seem to be Vietto over Sessegnon. I thought Vietto was largely ineffective against Burnley - poor first touch at times and gave ball away up until approx 70 minutes when Burnley began to tire when he was offered more space and was more influential. Given that most teams won't have played a mid week European game and won't be so quick to tire, I would place Vietto third on the list of wingers behind Kamara who scored a brace against Exeter and looked sharp in Spain and of course Sess.. who I would have thought everyone would rather have for his defensive cover for City.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on September 14, 2018, 10:09:18 AM
I ran a number of polls on twitter over last few days (some with over a thousand taking part) and the team voted for was..

Betts
TFM
Bryan
Mawson
Marchand
Kmac
Seri
Frank
Schurrle
Vietto
Mitrovic

I cannot really disagree with that lineup, maybe Sess for Vietto, either one or the other.
But I would be confident with that starting Eleven.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2018, 10:17:44 AM
Interesting that popular opinion would seem to be Vietto over Sessegnon. I thought Vietto was largely ineffective against Burnley - poor first touch at times and gave ball away up until approx 70 minutes when Burnley began to tire when he was offered more space and was more influential. Given that most teams won't have played a mid week European game and won't be so quick to tire, I would place Vietto third on the list of wingers behind Kamara who scored a brace against Exeter and looked sharp in Spain and of course Sess.. who I would have thought everyone would rather have for his defensive cover for City.
1030 votes
35%🔥 + Schürrle + Sess
61%🔥 + Schürrle + Vietto
04%🔥 + Schürrle + AK
00%🔥 + Other combination
Just the views of a long term fan

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Chutney on September 14, 2018, 09:54:13 AM
Fabri

Seri McDonald Anguissa

Vietto Mitrovic Schurrle

Interesting that you'd to drop our Number 1 off the back of a win and a draw (our only points of the season so far) + An England call up. I think its probably time you move on with this agenda against betts.

Other than that I completely agree with the outfield players you've picked, given our current injuries. Cairney will be a big miss, hope he's not out for too long, there's a lot of pressure on Seri to do the ball retention job on his own.

Because I rate Fabri higher than Betts, means I have an agenda against him.

That itself is an agenda against Fabri.

bornafulhamfan

Bettinelli
Fosu-Mensah Mawson Le Marchand Bryan
Seri Anguissa Johansen
Schürrle Mitrović Sessegnon

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 14, 2018, 03:07:45 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 14, 2018, 09:54:13 AM
Fabri

Seri McDonald Anguissa

Vietto Mitrovic Schurrle

Because I rate Fabri higher than Betts, means I have an agenda against him.

That itself is an agenda against Fabri.

We have debated this at length previously. I think you are blinkered, you think I am wrong. Inevitably I agree with Chutney. Why drop a winner for a loser? Although in reality I fear that Gordon Banks in his prime would not swing this one in our favour.