watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head Coach Reaction

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 15, 2018, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Slaviša Jokanović had no complaints about the result against Manchester City on Saturday afternoon.

Goals from Leroy Sane, David Silva and Raheem Sterling earned the Premier League champions a 3-0 victory at the Etihad Stadium, in what will be one of the Whites' sternest tests of the campaign.

"It's not easy to find something positive this afternoon," Jokanović stated. "To be honest, the result is completely fair.

"They played better football than us. They showed us their offensive threat. They moved the ball with quality and pace.

"In the end, we didn't find our perfect level. We played a little shy, without finding a way to hurt them. We had an opportunity for an offensive transition, but we played without enough intention to score.

"I must accept the result, but we know we need to improve – we have to be faster, stronger, more organised, whilst following our style.

"It's not good news for us that we've conceded in five consecutive games. At the end, we must be stronger, faster and brave in these situations.

"If we keep conceding goals like we did today and before, it'll be tough us. Life is balanced, and football is balanced too, and we must find some sort of balance.

"If you give them this way to score the first goal, they're not the best opponent to offer presents.

"It's an exciting day for us, working in this stadium. It's part of profession. I must be satisfied with my life.

"I must support our players and send our supporters a message that we can play better football than we did today. We'll fight harder to be more successful in the future."

Despite the calibre of opposition, Fulham refused to abandon their footballing philosophy, with Jokanović keen for his side to stick to their principles.

"We will try and continue to follow our style," he explained. "This was never going to be an easy game for us. I tried to find something logical and some sense.

"If I defend in our box with 11 players, I don't believe it's the right way. I don't believe we would find something positive.

"Today, we didn't find positives, but it was for different reasons we didn't find our best level.

"But, for another side, the start of the first and second halves were terrible for us and it wasn't easy for us to find the right way to hurt them."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/september/15/head-coach-reaction-man-city

terryr

IKnowNothing

If your going to have the aspiration of getting in the top six in three or four years then you have to play football like the big boys. Hoof ball is not going to get you there.
We are in fine hands with Mr. Joka. I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't change his philosophy. To have an attacking team that runs and presses relentlessly. Let the crying and whinging begin when we lose to Burnley or Brighton 0-3.

MikeW

From what I have just seen of Watford they look well decent.

Listened on Five Live and it sounded like we were badly set up and, yes, totally outplayed in every department.  I think today's team selection was just odd given the talent we have and the availability.  All this hankering after Ream.  Do you think he could live in this League?  I doubt it very much.

Manager needs to begin to live the reality of no weak opposition and put players in their right position.  Honeymoon well and truly over - reality kicking in very quickly.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: IKnowNothing on September 15, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
If your going to have the aspiration of getting in the top six in three or four years then you have to play football like the big boys. Hoof ball is not going to get you there.
We are in fine hands with Mr. Joka. I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't change his philosophy. To have an attacking team that runs and presses relentlessly. Let the crying and whinging begin when we lose to Burnley or Brighton 0-3.

I agree.

But you've got to have good, fast and strong defenders if the rest of your team is going to play so openly.    I'm surprised Timothy didn't get the start over Cyrus.

Oh...I also think Schrulle and Seri were both below average this game.    They both looked like they weren't adjusted to the speed of play and the pace of the opposing team's wing and midfield.    And our CB pairing was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  to slow to play against an attacking Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling.

This loss will help the team grow. Trust the manager.

HV71

Quote from: MikeW on September 15, 2018, 07:42:03 PM

Listened on Five Live and it sounded like we were badly set up and, yes, totally outplayed in every department.  I think today's team selection was just odd given the talent we have and the availability.  All this hankering after Ream.  Do you think he could live in this League?  I doubt it very much.-

Manager needs to begin to live the reality of no weak opposition and put players in their right position.  Honeymoon well and truly over - reality kicking in very quickly.

Of course Ream deserves a chance to prove himself - this manager whilst not being Santa clause , has respect for his players and will rightly give him a chance. Personally I think Ream and a certain other CB could be Mawsome!!
COYW !!

Milo

Quote from: MikeW on September 15, 2018, 07:42:03 PM

Listened on Five Live and it sounded like we were badly set up and, yes, totally outplayed in every department.  I think today's team selection was just odd given the talent we have and the availability.  All this hankering after Ream.  Do you think he could live in this League?  I doubt it very much.

I boringly keep saying that Celta Vigo looked like a good Prem quality mid table team and Ream was faultless. All the stars point to him being just as good in this league but the proof is in the pudding I agree..

Is Ream the answer to us keeping a clean sheet against City? No. We need to spend £20-30m on each of our defenders to do that realistically.

HV71

You are right - I don't think Slav will ever change his philosophy and beliefs- but having given his players their chance will look to the Chairman to further augment the squad to be competitive with his style. If he doesn't get that backing he will move on ( it therefore may well be true that we have to spend big to defensively make it work )

NJFulham

7 of the 11 players today were here last season.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

We have spent big. Problem is our coach picked the wrong side today. The midfield three were always going to get the runaround. None of them have pace. Out defence featured two fulls back who are strong going forward, But not defensively. So frankly  it had nothing to do with the defence who were always going to be under pressure. But we had nobody to relieve that pressure.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose returns

It was great pity seri was hopeless today. He is a class act and will be imense through the season and the return fixture but that ridiculous first error got to him. That seemed to flash throgh the team. For a passing side we are generally far to wasteful in possesion and slow on the break. Vietto was lightweight, johansen out of his depth and i do think whilst i agree with slave we had to play our style, we needed two holding players if schurle refuses to track back.

I was impressed we got our full backs forward at every opportunity and sess looked well within his comfort zone, i.e. he looked the part but christie didn't track back often enough, quick enough.

The first goal killed the game.... seri needs to put it behind him, he will be a star yet!

filham

Quote from: HV71 on September 15, 2018, 09:05:09 PM
You are right - I don't think Slav will ever change his philosophy and beliefs- but having given his players their chance will look to the Chairman to further augment the squad to be competitive with his style. If he doesn't get that backing he will move on ( it therefore may well be true that we have to spend big to defensively make it work )
Just a minute, we have just spent a £100m and are unable to field a good back four, we can't expect the chairman to waste more money already. Christie, Fosu-Mensah, Odoi, Mawson,Chambers, Le Merchand, Ream, Bryan, Sess. Come on we have to sort them out.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on September 15, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
Just a minute, we have just spent a £100m and are unable to field a good back four, we can't expect the chairman to waste more money already. Christie, Fosu-Mensah, Odoi, Mawson,Chambers, Le Merchand, Ream, Bryan, Sess. Come on we have to sort them out.

Timothy has successfully played against EPL talent...and he's the fastest player on the team...but he didn't play today.

I'm assuming Slav saw something in Cyrus that gave him the nod.

Ream and Odoi should be a good starting tandem when they are both healthy.        That's 3 defensive spots that should be good enough to manage against mid table competition.

If the Whites weren't going to park a bus they were destined to give up 3 goals today.

Not worried.

HV71

It takes time and experimentation ... end of

HV71

Quote from: HV71 on September 15, 2018, 09:59:49 PM
It takes time and experimentation ... end of

Forgot to add - which is what you are witnessing . Sadly reality isn't perfect.

hovewhite

We can do ok out of the other side of the top 5 and get the pionts to survive.

AnOldBrownie

Just listened to the NBCSN announcing crew and one of the two tools had the audacity to say that Fulham had disrespected City and deserved what it was getting.   Implying that Fulham trying to play it's own game instead of adapting and sitting back and taking it was an affront to Man City.

Pissed me right off.

the nutflush

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 15, 2018, 11:58:07 PM
Just listened to the NBCSN announcing crew and one of the two tools had the audacity to say that Fulham had disrespected City and deserved what it was getting.   Implying that Fulham trying to play it's own game instead of adapting and sitting back and taking it was an affront to Man City.

Pissed me right off.

Proper football pundits.... Lets play eight one one and bow down to the champions.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 15, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: filham on September 15, 2018, 09:51:01 PM

Timothy has successfully played against EPL talent...and he's the fastest player on the team...but he didn't play today.

I'm assuming Slav saw something in Cyrus that gave him the nod.

Ream and Odoi should be a good starting tandem when they are both healthy.        That's 3 defensive spots that should be good enough to manage against mid table competition.

If the Whites weren't going to park a bus they were destined to give up 3 goals today.

Not worried.

If Ream and Odoi end up as our starting CB tandem, either Slav or the entire recruitment team should be fired immediately.

the nutflush

Ream and Mawson with Bryan and Mensah.