https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Tim Ream. Paging Tim Ream."

Started by Forever Fulham, September 16, 2018, 03:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Your team needs you.   Get well soon.

HatterDon

I'm a Yank. I was a left-footed defender. I wore #13 whenever I was able to in five different ball sports. I've followed and admired Tim Ream throughout his England football career.

So, believe me when I tell you that the sudden appearance of Ream in the starting lineup is not the answer. Tim's a great professional with a strong football brain, but he's not a Premier League-level first choice defender. I'll be happy when he returns to fitness, but I doubt he'll start more than 10 league matches over the entire season. Heart and brain is great, but we have acquired central defenders with more pace and top-flight experience.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

Will be pleased to see him back competing to keep his place in the side as we always look more confident with him in the side.

the nutflush

Quote from: hovewhite on September 16, 2018, 08:07:59 AM
Will be pleased to see him back competing to keep his place in the side as we always look more confident with him in the side.

This.

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on September 16, 2018, 04:21:14 AM
I'm a Yank. I was a left-footed defender. I wore #13 whenever I was able to in five different ball sports. I've followed and admired Tim Ream throughout his England football career.

So, believe me when I tell you that the sudden appearance of Ream in the starting lineup is not the answer. Tim's a great professional with a strong football brain, but he's not a Premier League-level first choice defender. I'll be happy when he returns to fitness, but I doubt he'll start more than 10 league matches over the entire season. Heart and brain is great, but we have acquired central defenders with more pace and top-flight experience.

Just curious, who out of our current squad would you rate ahead of a Ream and Mawson partnership? 

filham

Of all those defenders we payed big bucks for none of them have yet looked better than Ream.

Come on 12 goals conceded in 5 games, something is seriously adrift.

grandad

There is no guarantee that Ream will do any better. He has not played with us in the present PL. It is all about pace, pace, pace as we saw yesterday.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2018, 09:36:42 AM

Just curious, who out of our current squad would you rate ahead of a Ream and Mawson partnership? 

This.

And, as Bobby Moore showed, positioning is a counter to pace. Though I accept that the pace in the PL is greater these days.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jonnoj

There won't be a ream and Mawson partnership, they're competing for the same side of the defence. Unless one of them plays out of position on the right. Seems the right side is between chambers and odoi

HV71

Quote from: Jonnoj on September 16, 2018, 02:14:24 PM

There won't be a ream and Mawson partnership, they're competing for the same side of the defence. Unless one of them plays out of position on the right. Seems the right side is between chambers and odoi

How many times do we have to explain tha Mawson is right footed

Fernhurst

Do tend to agree with you HD but would like to see how a fully fit Mawson Ream partnership would fare.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HV71

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 16, 2018, 03:08:27 PM

Do tend to agree with you HD but would like to see how a fully fit Mawson Ream partnership would fare.

Mawson and Ream are two very strong characters who I really believe that ,given time, will give us a strong defensive pairing.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on September 16, 2018, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 16, 2018, 03:08:27 PM

Mawson and Ream are two very strong characters who I really believe that ,given time, will give us a strong defensive pairing.

I can't wait to see them side by side.  On the basis of their individual performances it could be a great match. With Betts in form, Serri and a fit TC and Mitro up front, we might have a decent spine.

Jonnoj

Quote from: HV71 on September 16, 2018, 02:41:49 PM

Since you're being patronising, how many times do we have to explain that he's never played right side. Otherwise you'd probably be seeing him right and Le Marchand left at the moment?

hovewhite

that what I thought!

hovewhite

I can't believe people are writing Team of before he's played a game this season!give him a chance Ream haters!

ToodlesMcToot

Well, one thing I feel is certain is that Ream will get his opportunity to show whether he is Prem quality or not. No one in our defense is playing particularly well anyway. And, if they are, they are seemingly replaced for no obvious reason (Bryan, Fosu-Mensah).

I'm curious, as I don't recall in this moment, have Chamber and Mawson been played together yet this season? I thought I recalled them playing together at England youth level and must have some semblance of an understanding built between themselves which should be helpful in communication, at a minimum.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jonnoj

Chambers and Mawson definitely played at u21 level.
I assumed that was the plan when they were both signed?

filham

They are professionals and should both be two footed. Hasn't the modern coach heard of wearing a soft shoe on the best foot.

HV71

I was purely trying to state the fact that he is definitely right footed ( a fact that has been reiterated umpteen times on this forum from the moment we were connected with him - and more recently this afternoon on another thread. ) Also it might be a good idea to look up the meaning of the word 'never' and yes this time I am being patronising