watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What annoys you most about tv coverage?

Started by Snibbo, September 16, 2018, 12:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

1. It drives me nuts when the ball is in play and the cameras dwells on a manager or a personality in the crowd.
2. All I want to hear from the commentator is : who's got the ball and what are they doing with it.  I can do without all the meaningless info that they fill up the airwaves with.

St Eve

When they are condescending to us as they were today

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: St Eve on September 16, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
When they are condescending to us as they were today

They were outright disrespectful. They tore into us for trying to play football against Man City, calling it disrespectful. Sorry for not parking the bus like every other team (and getting smacked 5-0 anyway)!

Vinnieffc

MOTD  commentator after City's 3rd said some  Citeh fans may have missed the goal after their half-time cup of tea but not to worry, like buses there'll be another along in a minute.  I was seething.

grandad

Quote from: Vinnieffc on September 16, 2018, 10:13:45 AM
MOTD  commentator after City's 3rd said some  Citeh fans may have missed the goal after their half-time cup of tea but not to worry, like buses there'll be another along in a minute.  I was seething.

Totally agree but the muppet was proved wrong. Egg on his face.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Yes, they've always been disrespectful of us. When we win or draw against one of the big boys it's always because they had a bad day. And it was right to test our style against City - how else would Slav know how far we'd come? - lots of teams will get a bigger hiding from them this season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bill2

What does everyone expect. We try to play football and gets lesson on how far we have to go. You would think we would get some praise for playing football instead of trying to kick them off the park. I wonder how many other teams will come away without a card when playing Man City.

Holders

Quote from: Bill2 on September 16, 2018, 10:26:29 AM
What does everyone expect. We try to play football and gets lesson on how far we have to go. You would think we would get some praise for playing football instead of trying to kick them off the park. I wonder how many other teams will come away without a card when playing Man City.

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Being at the game, and not having seen the TV coverage - and now I don't think I'll bother, I actually though we did quite well, though undermining ourselves with silly errors, and lacking City's confident sharpness with every member of the team seeming to  know what the others were doing, while we looked disjointed and  inexperienced in playing together at times  - keeping playing our football, and keeping going right to the final whistle - we deserved at least one goal for our efforts, and came close a few times in the second half.

I felt the team, as did  the other Fulham fans there, deserved the applause we gave them at the end of the game, and the players clapped us, in turn.

gezkc

I haven't seen MOTD this week, but on the stream I was watching, it was as though the commentators were fans of Man City and they ridiculed us at every opportunity.

Yes, Man City are a great side but to constantly joke about how many goals they're going to score and talk about Fulham being disrespectful is not on. Did Pep think we were being disrespectful? Of course not.

hovewhite

I watch us on it with sound down and have no problem with the pundits.
Had the radio london  stream on yesterday and felt we weren't bad just individual mistakes compounded by Seri a player of his quality still adjusting and 2nd half anguissa early having just come be guilty of giving the ball away and they are top draw players.
It's a tough learning ground the top league and there will be more afternoons,evening s like it.
So patience,believe in slav,the players and our style.
Keep your knives in the pocket,and support slav the team and ENJOY the rollercoaster! Coyws. BELIEVE!

Mince n Tatties

Looking at the match again this morning,the first goal Betts I thought might have got a touch on the ball with his left hand if he had stretched it out,might have been more worried he'd trip Sane and give away a penalty.

bog

I was listening to wireless 5 and right near the end we nearly scored and the commentator offered a voice most surprised. As if someone poked him in the ribs. Gasp Fulham nearly scored! City are a good side but the way the commentators salivate over all they do pees me off. As has been said if they lose it is because they were 'off colour'. Bog off!

092.gif

IKnowNothing

That guy yesterday was an idiot. I can always tell the former hoof ball merchants turned broadcasters. What's the saying about if you have nothing good to say then.....  we are going to have the last laugh.