watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Zaha - sinned against or sinner?

Started by Whitesideup, September 16, 2018, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Re - Zaha's comment that referees are lenient on players committing fouls against him, and only him. "Do they have to break my leg before they get a red card?"  He clearly insuates that if another player had been the recipient, then the offender would have been shown red.

The foul in yesterday's game was in my view clearly a yellow. It was late, but not excessively violent. The offending defender had not dived in recklessly with raised studs - it was simply a bad, late challenge that deserved a yellow. Do two of them in a game, then it's red. 

Or do you think Zaha has a point? And that by making his point publicly that he will raise awareness in refs so that justice is done.

Or is he trying to put the thought into refs' heads that they should offer him more protection?

SP

Zaha?  I haven't seen yesterday's highlights but recall seeing Huddersfield kick him off the pitch last season.  I think he has a valid point.  Not so sure about the amount of penalties he tries to win.

hovewhite

He is Roy's equivalent to hazard only not as good.

Lighthouse

I listened to Zaha and he reminded me of Serena Williams in the US Final. The World is against me, it is because I am so talented that I am unfairly treated.  Sorry but he is a wonderful player but I do wish that someone would stop encouraging him to carry that big chip he has always had.  He is no more sinned against than many others.

Mind you if he played for us I would immediately change my attitude and agree with him. But he doesn't so I don't.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: SP on September 16, 2018, 04:04:31 PM
Zaha?  I haven't seen yesterday's highlights but recall seeing Huddersfield kick him off the pitch last season.  I think he has a valid point.  Not so sure about the amount of penalties he tries to win.
Ooops  ...yes. Typo. Or was I thinking of someone else?

Twig

He cer.ainly gets clattered a fair bit. But as a striker who relies on pace not physicality he is not alone in that. It opens a wider and, in my view, more valid debate as to whether refereees give forwards enough protection or not?

Vinnieffc

I played football in the 80's. If Zaha had done there would be less chatter as he'd have no teeth left. Not better in my day but he really needs to get a grip and stop the whingeing.

Carborundum

Neither really.  He's able to shift the ball quicker than defenders can cope with, worked hard to be able to do so.  So he can't be surprised if defenders sometimes get him and not the ball.  Getting irate he decided to go in for a hefty foul of his own.  Asked about it afterwards he had a bit of a moan -which of us hasn't done that from time to time?  But he's a very very good footballer and I rather like him.

Skatzoffc

He's badly treated by refs imo. He has got a name for diving in the collective consciousness of refs. They let tackles go against him, some are horrendous, because of this.

I didn't think the tackle was a deffo red this w/e, but close. His foul back was petulant and won't help his cause tho.

Good players in most teams get above average protection. He is and doesn't. So he has a point to what he said.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Vinnieffc

Seriously.  Did George Best, Marsh, Zola, Pat Nevin, Hazard et  al  whinge? All fine players on the lightweight side but use speed and skills to keep out of trouble.  It's still a physical game- if no likey it's time to check if Stricktly is still looking for contestants Wilifried my friend..

The Rock

Without Zaha, they get relegated as they were last season before his return. With Zaha they are mid-table. I think he is prone to draw the focus of a lot more fouls as he is their biggest threat, so it will happen more often and he is free to cry about it. Not sure the severity is any more or less extreme.

If he played for Man City, this whole situation would likely get overlooked as he'd be playing with 10 other Zaha's and the focus would not be solely on one player.