watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schurrle: Is he good?

Started by AnOldBrownie, September 16, 2018, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

I'm not sure I like how he plays with teammates when he's on the ball.    I've counted five times in two weeks where he held possession of the ball...there was a quick, obvious pass play available...and he simply didn't make the pass.    He either would attempt a drive that didn't work, get the ball taken away by a defender, or he would shoot an errant shot at goal.

I know he's new to the team and learning to play with his teammates.

I'm just frustrated.   I thought he looked really out of his element against City.

gang

The quick answer is yes he is a quality striker. As with all the team at the moment he needs time to settle.

Sgt Fulham

I think he's class. Better understanding with team mates will come.

Lyle from Hangeland

He's probably the most intelligent player in the squad.

HV71

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 16, 2018, 10:28:45 PM
He's probably the most intelligent player in the squad.
[/quote

👍 and probably the coolest

gezkc

He's definitely good. And a bit of selfishness on the ball isn't necessarily a bad thing. Under SJ, we've often been a team who have loads of possession and don't always do anything with it. At least Schurrle isn't afraid to have a pop - you have to shoot to score, and he does get plenty of shots in.

I actually thought he played well against Man City - first half at least.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

..FOF..

He can shoot on target from a distance, even against Man City.

He is useful to add variety to our attacking style.

hovewhite

Twig

He's quality I don't think there's any debate about that. Where I do think he needs to improve is in his fitness levels and particularly his stamina. On each occasion that I have watched him he has faded mid way through the second half.  I know the prem tends to be played at a fast pace but he will need to get up to speed and I am sure the team are working on it as part of his training regime.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: gezkc on September 16, 2018, 10:55:43 PM
He's definitely good. And a bit of selfishness on the ball isn't necessarily a bad thing. Under SJ, we've often been a team who have loads of possession and don't always do anything with it. At least Schurrle isn't afraid to have a pop - you have to shoot to score, and he does get plenty of shots in.

I actually thought he played well against Man City - first half at least.

I was waiting for the 90 minute game to pop up on FulhamFCTV so I could rewatch the first half.   He did some good things, but he also gave the ball away twice in the first 17 minutes...and yes, he holds the ball a bit too long for a quick team like City.

He seems good...but the book is out on how good.

Mkhitaryan was good for Dortmund...but it was harder for him to adjust immediately to the speed and physicality of the premiere league.

Again, I think he's going to be good for the Whites, but I think City hit him and the entire squad pretty hard in the first half and the team never recovered.

Tabby

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2018, 05:32:17 PM

Mkhitaryan was good for Dortmund...but it was harder for him to adjust immediately to the speed and physicality of the premiere league.

Good thing that Schürrle was bad at Dortmund then. Did much better at Chelsea.

I don't agree with most of this thread in that I think he is a good player for our level, but nothing more. I would like him on a permanent if possible, but not for the money he is currently on.

Andy S

Of course there is no dispute about his ability as the op would know if he had seen him this season. Possibly a Watford supporter

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Andy S on September 17, 2018, 11:12:21 PM
Of course there is no dispute about his ability as the op would know if he had seen him this season. Possibly a Watford supporter

And that didn't take long.    Look.  I'm a new follower of the Fulham football program.  I've watched 10 of their games from last season within the past week and I've watched all of their premiere league games this season. (Burnley and City TWICE)

I have the Ispwich and Derby games on my Amazon Fire tablet.

My keychain.

My car.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ep3xFwrtRgTg25q96

I've recently bought in to Fulham.   

hovewhite

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 18, 2018, 04:13:20 PM
Quote from: Andy S on September 17, 2018, 11:12:21 PM

And that didn't take long.    Look.  I'm a new follower of the Fulham football program.  I've watched 10 of their games from last season within the past week and I've watched all of their premiere league games this season. (Burnley and City TWICE)

I have the Ispwich and Derby games on my Amazon Fire tablet.

My keychain.

My car.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ep3xFwrtRgTg25q96

I've recently bought in to Fulham.   
a convert!