watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man City game - Pep's view

Started by Kiwimike, September 17, 2018, 05:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwimike

Seen a lot of comments on here re the game some positive, some negative, some critical of Slavisa.  None have mentioned the comments from Pep Guardiola regarding Fulham's attitude to the game. 
He seems to think that we are playing the game with the right attitude and actually asked his team some questions.  Yes they were able to answer them in spades, but so should they, given their quality.  According to Pep we should do well throughout the season.  Hope he is right. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Kiwimike on September 17, 2018, 05:00:37 AM
Seen a lot of comments on here re the game some positive, some negative, some critical of Slavisa.  None have mentioned the comments from Pep Guardiola regarding Fulham's attitude to the game. 
He seems to think that we are playing the game with the right attitude and actually asked his team some questions.  Yes they were able to answer them in spades, but so should they, given their quality.  According to Pep we should do well throughout the season.  Hope he is right.

Someone needs to tell that stupid NBCSN announcer just what Pep said.   Fulham plays football the right way.   They just ran into a team that plays similarly, but with better players.   (defensive and offensive)

The Whites will be fine later in the season.

Bill2

It must be a change for Pep not to see his players get kicked off the park, not a bad tackle all fame and no cards.

SG

His team cantered to a comfortable 3-0 win. He is bound to take a benign view of the opposition

bog

Quote from: SG on September 17, 2018, 07:38:27 AM
His team cantered to a comfortable 3-0 win. He is bound to take a benign view of the opposition

I have not heard him speak that way often before.

093.gif

RaySmith

I thought we asked questions of their defence right up the final whistle, and looked likely to get a goal back.

SG

Quote from: bog on September 17, 2018, 09:08:00 AM

093.gif

I think we are all guilty of looking for positives where in truth few existed. I really fear for our survival when we have conceded 12 goals in 5 games

RaySmith

But positives there were against a team that is one of the best in the world, and there have been many generally this season.

Far too early to condemn ourselves to going down, when we have so many new players.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SG on September 17, 2018, 10:56:50 AM

093.gif

I think we are all guilty of looking for positives where in truth few existed. I really fear for our survival when we have conceded 12 goals in 5 games

Yet we are 15th... and scoring goals, Id rather be us than Burnley who have conceded less and cant buy a goal.

Chutney

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 17, 2018, 12:23:38 PM

093.gif

Yet we are 15th... and scoring goals, Id rather be us than Burnley who have conceded less and cant buy a goal.

To be fair, four of our goals were against Burnley.
C O Y W

Tabby

Had one win, one draw and one loss in games that haven't been away to title contenders. Not great, but not disastrous either.

Bassey the warrior

Our forward play is top 6 level but we'll never win by being so sloppy at the back. It takes a lot of organization and familiarity to play out from the back. We need to choose a back four and stick with it and then we'll improve.
I also think we need to press better, a medium block will help to reduce the time teams get to build attacks.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on September 17, 2018, 12:26:26 PM

093.gif

That sort of further backs up my point dont you think?

Chutney

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 17, 2018, 02:26:58 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 17, 2018, 12:26:26 PM

093.gif

That sort of further backs up my point dont you think?

Yeh, but even burnley could score against a team playing like burnley currently. I think we'll be fine, the watford game will be a good reflection of where we are.
C O Y W

GJB

Fulham must have done something right - apparently Pep cancelled the city players' day off this week after the game on saturday

hovewhite

093.gif

me to as you can correct the defensive side,it's different kettle of fish coaching players in a split second to score a goal as that quality is instinctive and a natural talent from within.