watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, September 17, 2018, 10:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Now that I have cooled down a bit, here are my thoughts on player performance against City.

Betts-solid game for him. He made a lot of saves, but could have maybe done better in some of the situations prior to their goals. Kind of reminded me of Fabri vs Spurs, although Betts looked more confident. Should keep his place.

Christie-thought he was really good in every aspect of the game except crossing. He can't cross and that's something he has to learn imo. He should be our starter if he improves his crossing ability imo.

Odoi-he doesn't make many passing mistakes, but he goes to far up the pitch too many times during the game imo. A decent backup.

Mawson-looked good overall, but was slow sometimes. When he improves his fitness, he should be good.

Sess-I think he was very solid. Was pretty good defensively and when he made defensive mistakes he was really quick to recover them(kind of like Freddericks last season). Think he could start against weaker sides at lb.

Kmac-was ok, I just think he is too slow for a side like City and that Zambo should start.

StefJo-I didn't think much of his performance. Championship quality I'm afraid.

Seri-his performance was really off from the first minute. He had a really bad day, but I don't think we should be worried.

Vietto-motm imo. He ran tirelessly and caused City trouble a few times. I think the referee didn't give one or two fouls on him. Has unreal engine packed with him. Think he didn't make a single passing mistake or at least he made less than everyone else.

Schuerrle-started really well, bar that passing mistake. Looked tired in the second half and he should have been subbed off instead of Vietto imo.

Mitro-wasn't his best game, but in all fairness he didn't get any service. Had a nice shot at the end of the game.

Subs-Zambo looked really confident and comfortable with the ball. He looked world-class in his cameo imo. Should be our starter. Ayite looked really good too. He was the biggest threat to the City defense imo. He is going to be a terrific impact sub imo. I feel a bit sorry for Kamara, as Floyd looks like he is more premier league quality than him.

All in all, looking forward to the Watford game, although it is going to be a very tough game too. They won their first four games and if De Gea didn't have a really good game, they would have probably beaten United too.

Nero

My thought we didnt close down quick enough, they have very good players they dont need a lot of time to pick a pass but we gave them plenty

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on September 17, 2018, 10:04:52 AM
My thought we didnt close down quick enough, they have very good players they dont need a lot of time to pick a pass but we gave them plenty

I agree. We lack the defensive organization to sit off teams and close the passing lanes, so we need to press and not give them time on the ball. We were always going to lose to City but we let ourselves down with the effort we put in.

Marcel_Gecov

Funny how people can view games differently. I thought StefJo did Ok considering the gulf in class and certainly deserves a shot.