watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan should use Wembley "carrot" to help Fulham's cause

Started by Nick Bateman, September 18, 2018, 05:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Looking at the Premier League, it seems to me greed and corruption is rife, with referees deliberately not seeing some incidents while giving ridiculous 'dives' and cheating.

If I were Khan, I would use the buyout of Wembley as a lever to enhance Fulham's fortunes on the pitch.  He could turn to the FA and allow discounts for national games in return for the refs treating Fulham a little more like Chelsea, where the breeze of wind bowls over "the great" Eden Hazard with the official ever eager to award him a free kick or penalty even.

Meanwhile Fulham players are brought down viciously in the box with no such return.  Fulham had 2 penalties against Brighton awarded and a clear handball versus Manchester City.  Tom Cairney was fouled  and offered no protection from the man in black and now is out with a bad ankle.

Wembley is a 'white elephant' nowhere near the estimated deal of £750million - £300m is more like it.  The FA know this hence they are more than keen to cash in.  If Khan is the astute businessman that earned him his multi-billions and that luxury yacht, he should do the same as Abramovich and the Mansours of Abu Dhabi have done for their respective clubs.

We scratch your back, you scratch ours!

Some may not agree with this proposal, but times, and football has changed.  One is merely suggesting we exploit it as others, like Chelsea, Arsenal and City are doing.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Interesting theories, and I understand your observations on referees, and there is plenty of circumstancial evidence to show where you are coming from. There are also other reasons why I know you are very warm in your deductions of officialdom.
But I would be opening up a can of worms if I speculated by putting it into written words. I shall leave that to others to do that in due course when the time comes.
As for Wembley, I cannot see the FA selling to anyone, let alone Mr Khan.
If they do decide to sell, and it's a big if.
You may find they would sell it to the highest bidder who they wish to sell it to, and nobody else, and they will in my opinion get their asking price.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

This post suggesting that referees are corrupt is best ignored, it is. offensive to say the least

MikeW

Not for the first time, I think Nick needs a quiet lie down somewhere to reflect ...
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

I fully understand Nick's plan and, no doubt, if Khan takes his advice he'll be sure to get all the proposed refereeing undertakings set out in writing. I'm sure the FA would have no problem with that.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

toshes mate

Having just read a low down on football in Algeria I have to say the OP has a point to it that cannot be laughed away however tongue in cheek some of the suggestions are.  Looking at last weekend's game, and not for one moment suggesting the result should have been different, there were a number of 'inappropriate' decisions by the officials throughout which suggested a lot of inconsistency taking place.  Just why it happens is now getting a little tedious to fathom out.