watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr- psg fans

Started by flyingfish, September 19, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

Now I know this is common to ultras groups Europe over but I noticed the guy at the front of the psg crowd at anfield conducting the supporters with his back to the pitch. I just can't get over That, ultras groups being famously fanatical and presumably the conductors and capos being of some superior rank (presumably attesting therefore to being the most fanatical of the fanatics) but they are at the game NOT WATCHING IT AT ALL.

And having no spontaneity and having to sing what some bloke at the front says...this is basically song sheets writ large isn't it?

Anyone have any idea why some countries have embraced it more than others? I have an overseas friend who was looking for the 'organised fans'when I first took him to the cottage and he was a bit puzzled by the absence.

Woolly Mammoth

The PSG fans songs/chants they were singing were tuneless boring and out of date, no melody, nothing original, just a dirge, very much like almost all the chants from teams from abroad. Not a patch on English clubs chants and songs.
The nonce at the front with his back to the action, not watching the football spectacle, is clearly not a football supporter, just a juvenile delinquent.
The term Fan is short for Fanatic. Which is entirely different from Football Supporter.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
The PSG fans songs/chants they were singing were tuneless boring and out of date, no melody, nothing original, just a dirge, very much like almost all the chants from teams from abroad. Not a patch on English clubs chants and songs.
The nonce at the front with his back to the action, not watching the football spectacle, is clearly not a football supporter, just a juvenile delinquent.
The term Fan is short for Fanatic. Which is entirely different from Football Supporter.

Interesting. I see it the opposite. For me english chants are absolutely terrible , outdated and generally don't make sense. Every team sings pretty much the same chants except for changing the club name in the chants.

Pretty sure the majority of english chants ( modern ones ) were also stolen from abroad. Melody wise.

_Putney_

Atmosphere is not just loud constant noise.  Atmosphere can include the lack of noise.  The consistent singing regardless of whats happening on the pitch, orchestrated by a conductor, is something I'll never understand.  I do agree that some of the stuff we sing these days is 'out of date' but do like the fact it comes from the feeling of those singing it, and not just because some 'hard nut hooligan' (who doesn't watch the actual football) has told me to sing it.

Wingnut

Thought the PSG fans were noisy but very repetitive. The Red Star and Napoli fans will take it to another level.

Was struck by the lack of noise from the Liverpool fans. Didn't watch their European games last season but I was under the impression that the atmosphere at European games at Anfield was supposed to be the best of the best. Man City fan I spoke to last weekend was giving out hell about Liverpool fans. She was subjected to horrible abuse at Anfield last season before their CL game and she witnessed the attack on the Man City bus. She was amazed that Liverpool fans escaped punishment over it.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mitch

Quote from: Wingnut on September 20, 2018, 10:15:41 AM
Thought the PSG fans were noisy but very repetitive. The Red Star and Napoli fans will take it to another level.

Was struck by the lack of noise from the Liverpool fans. Didn't watch their European games last season but I was under the impression that the atmosphere at European games at Anfield was supposed to be the best of the best. Man City fan I spoke to last weekend was giving out hell about Liverpool fans. She was subjected to horrible abuse at Anfield last season before their CL game and she witnessed the attack on the Man City bus. She was amazed that Liverpool fans escaped punishment over it.

Liverpool's atmosphere is a myth.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mitch on September 21, 2018, 04:33:28 PM

A few years back I went to Anfield at sat in the stand above the dugouts, with a Liverpool fan who got me a ticket. 
Roy was our manager, and Danny Murphy and Jimmy Bullard played in the centre of midfield, and we achieved a well deserved and credible 0 0 draw.
One thing I noticed as I sat in that stand how quiet the whole ground was for very long periods of the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Pud

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 21, 2018, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: Mitch on September 21, 2018, 04:33:28 PM

A few years back I went to Anfield at sat in the stand above the dugouts, with a Liverpool fan who got me a ticket. 
Roy was our manager, and Danny Murphy and Jimmy Bullard played in the centre of midfield, and we achieved a well deserved and credible 0 0 draw.
One thing I noticed as I sat in that stand how quiet the whole ground was for very long periods of the game.

The atmosphere at Anfield is awful whenever I watch their wonderfully entertaining team.  However, the myth will continue to be upheld whilst there are so many Liverpool fans within the media.