watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fosu Mensah apologises for tackle

Started by Lighthouse, September 22, 2018, 04:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

In a tweet Fosu Mensah has apologised for his tackle in the firat half on Troy Deeney and said it was unintentional. Deeney is said to be going for a scan on a possible broken bone and has already admitted he is playing with several broken toes. But in a reply Deeney has accepted the apology in good grace and said ' these things happen, no hard feelings bro'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

Looked a clear red card from where I was sitting.

hovewhite

cmg

Well, well...two adult professionals behaving like adult professionals.

Kudos to both.

Deeney (never a favourite of mine) was terrific in the after match interview, accepting the incident as part of the game. His lack of histrionics to what was, in fairness, a likely red-card tackle, may have saved Fosu Mensah from an early exit.

The possible broken bones to which Deeney referred had nothing to do with the tackle, which was more threatening to the kneecap than the toe.

Twig

Skatzoffc

It was a clear red from me too. He lost the ball and lunged in recklessly but not intentionally to harm imho.
I think the only reason he stayed on the pitch was because he didn't make a harder contact. Very lucky.

On another note, I think it was the best I have seen Mensah play. He looks to be getting more match fit and had an impressive 2nd half.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Hard to find anything good to say about our defending in the first 45 minutes. Watford were taking us apart.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He hardly crossed the halfway line in the first half but in the second half he was brilliant at getting forward.
Dare I say it far more effective than Sess.

Stevieboy

I, too, was impressed with Deeney's post match interview. Could have been the 70s or 80s when players accepted they would be tackled and would give as good as they got.
Could you imagine that tackle on some of the foreign 'stars'....they would still be rolling today  064.gif
Also Sess get smacked in the face but carries on tracking the player, how many have you seen throw themselves to the ground when this contact happens......not quite Terry Butcher (for you oldies) but great attitude from Sess.  049:gif

Ronnief

Talking about foreign players, did you notice Vietto rolling around in agony after a foul on him. He kept rolling around until the ref had made up his mind what he was going to do, then he got up and ran around as if nothing had happened.  Also I think Frank did much the same thing after a foul on him.

filham

Oh yes , a wild tackle from Mensah that could well have been a red card. From MOD replays it looked as if the ref. was unsighted, lucky escape for us as that could have been game over.

@jolslover

Quote from: Ronnief on September 23, 2018, 10:59:14 AM
Talking about foreign players, did you notice Vietto rolling around in agony after a foul on him. He kept rolling around until the ref had made up his mind what he was going to do, then he got up and ran around as if nothing had happened.  Also I think Frank did much the same thing after a foul on him.

Get them out! Would have never seen Tunnicliffe or Stearman doing that! Honest players .
STH H3

RaySmith

One thing - I his pre-game interview Slava seemed to bemoan the lack of yellow cards against City, and  said in so many words that our players were being too nice.

We certainly put in some tasty tackles against City - risking pens and sendings off, but were they fulfilling the manager's instructions?
Obviously Slav, like ourselves, wants commitment, but not to give away pens or get red cards, but this can be a difficult line to tread if  you're under a lot of pressure, and , basically, in a panic.

Whatever, we did well to keep the score down, albeit with a bit of luck maybe, and certainly showed fight and commitment to get back in the game in the second half, and nearly win it.

Well done Fulham.
COYW!!!!

The Enclosurite

Well, Deeney being Deeney would've seemed a little hypocritical slamming a dangerous tackle.
¡COYW!

Twig

I agree, he got forward very well in the second half. More of the same please.