News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League table stats and other stuff you want to throw on here.

Started by MJG, September 23, 2018, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Last few seasons I have had thread with stats on chasing promotion and other stats info, so here is another go.
Yes I have heard all the doesnt mean a thing stuff...so I'd say dont click on the thread and give it a wide berth as I know some others do like it.

The PL year on year table Game 6
Top 10 Positions last year had 115 points between them.
The Top 10 positions this season have 125.
The last six seasons the top ten at this stage have had 115/119/107/102/112/112/
Pretty tough start to the season for the bottom half.

Might be a bit early to start but here is the first table with 17th being the target.

Just the views of a long term fan

Holders

It's a hell of a tough league and much harder than last time we were here.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Baszab

Need another 8 wins at least - struggling with that - can you imagine if Mitro got injured ?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Holders on September 23, 2018, 07:47:43 PM
It's a hell of a tough league and much harder than last time we were here.

Very true but I think we are better.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Being a bit of a punter I have had a few small futures bets on a few different leagues.  I have had a little dabble on Everton to get relegated at 20/1 is overs and I think they are suspect. 

Also backed Hearts to win the Scottish league at 50/1.  Early days I know but value...

Peterborough for promotion in league 1 and Oldham for promotion from league 2.

ffc73

Thanks Mike.

I'm definitely in the 'click the link' group. Always find this an interesting read

MJG

Much talk about MatchDay prices & crowds following first 3 games.
So had a look at last 14 seasons & attendances for first 3 games against avg for season.
5/14 seasons first 3 game avg exceed the season average.
Was surprised at how high they had been in last few seasons in PL.

I'd say having dropped out the league for 4 season and lost fans for many reasons, to come back and be at season 07/08-08/09 level is not bad.
Teams when they go down, as we found out in the 80's and 90's and before, have to rebuild their fan base.

toshes mate

Could our target be a place in Europe, please?  Not that I get nervous about relegation and all that.....

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on September 24, 2018, 08:13:15 AM
Could our target be a place in Europe, please?  Not that I get nervous about relegation and all that.....
I was initally going to put 7th as a target and then saw that Europa is 5th this season. I have it hidden on my table but will put it in later on.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2018, 08:14:22 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 24, 2018, 08:13:15 AM
I was initally going to put 7th as a target and then saw that Europa is 5th this season. I have it hidden on my table but will put it in later on.
You are a gentleman. MJG, thank you.  Perhaps another column for winning the league...  just kidding.....

MJG

Not quite the table for this week but I had a look back at the last 13 years in the PL and our results against the current top 6:

Our record against Spurs and Man City are not bad, till you note its only 7 pts in the last 20 games against them.

MJG

This seven game start equals the worst side we have had in the PL (Coleman 05/06 with 5 points from 7 games) and most goals conceded in first 7 games (Sanchez 07/08 14 in 7 games)

MJG

The Rock

Interesting that the differential between the Top 5 or Top 9-10 is bigger already this year than it was last, and any of the bottom half of the table could have gotten relegated with 6 games left to go last spring.

May go to show you can't purely judge our start to the season on playing Spurs, Watford, Arsenal, Citeh, and Everton away where we will never get a result in the history of mankind, but rather the next group of games against these teams that will not be finishing in the top 7 or 8, let alone first or second.

MJG

Looked back over last 8 seasons in the PL and how teams performed over last 31 games.
If we stick to the 40 points as a target to stay up[ (although really 38 now) then we require 35 points from last 31 games as a minnimum.

the table below shows the points gained in the last 31 games by position. I have highlighted 35 points each season and you get an idea that we need to be about the 14th best team for the rest of the season to get to that mark.

MJG

MJG

MJG

In response to post I saw on twitter regarding Slav being just as bad one half of a season as he's good in the other I thought i'd split his 3 years in half.
We know thats how it worked out, but its even starker when you show from when our form changed.

My follow on from those tables is the same word I and many have used in the last couple of seasons 'Patience'.
We are all frustrated at what we have seen but he has proved he can turn a poor start around.
Yes its in the PL, but do we not owe him time after last 2 years?

toshes mate

Good to see the stats bearing out what many of us believe to be SJ's best quality even if it does take him a while to get players ticking over correctly.  It may also be food for thought for the recruitment team about doing a better job of finding players who can slot straight into a football role and not take quite so many games to get up to speed, although I guess it wouldn't be Fulham if we were privileged to have a Club where everything works like clockwork from the start.  It may not be such a spectacular tuirnaround this season but I believe it will have us shouting for more by the end of it.   

Statto

Would be interesting to see the same stat for the Watford promotion season too MJG

Edit... Just had a look and I make it 1.65 ppg first half, 1.93 second half, same as with us in 16/17