News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League table stats and other stuff you want to throw on here.

Started by MJG, September 23, 2018, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

I always really appreciate this analysis and find it very interesting, but it sure was a lot more fun looking at the numbers last year and the year before.

MJG

Final Table prediction

Need to get...

Full table form projections

Gaps, projections and rolling form

Year on Year

Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

MJG

While you do not want to write off games at any stage, we just dont really look like picking up a point against any of the big 6 teams.

Taking that into account and using the 34 points as a target and 17 games left against the other 13 teams in the league, we need to do this...

MJG

Final table Prediction see 17th move to 33pts

What we need to do...

Table of form projections

Gap to 17th, Rolling form and form projection

Year on Year table

Bottom 8

ffc73

Thanks Mike. Keep posting these even if it depresses me further 😀

After last night's result these stats really do reflect how dire our current situation is.

MJG

Quote from: FFC73 on December 06, 2018, 08:16:35 AM

After last night's result these stats really do reflect how dire our current situation is.
Im not so down about things. Year on Year table gives me hope. Three teams on the same points.
key is winning the games against those around us, we really have to that from now on.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on December 06, 2018, 08:18:14 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on December 06, 2018, 08:16:35 AM

Im not so down about things. Year on Year table gives me hope. Three teams on the same points.
key is winning the games against those around us, we really have to that from now on.

Awesome analysis MJG. Sadly I think we're down but at least it gives some hope.

RaySmith

Come on lads - there's a long way to go yet, and there's no gap opened up between us and the clubs around us, a win will put us up the table.

I have every faith in the team under CR to turn things round, and feel we've already begun to do this.

MJG's analysis gives me hope more than anything else now we've started to  become better  defensively and more organised, though still a work in progress, because it shows how few points may be needed to survive this year.

Mitch

Interesting reading. Not sure if it helps me feel down or optimistic! Guess it depends how you infer it? Credit to you for crunching the numbers.

Woolly Mammoth

The fact that we are not detached from the rest of the pack, means we have as much chance as any of the  7 teams at the bottom. What it means that we have to start picking up more points than the others from now on, which I know is fairly obvious, bearing in mind they all have to play each other including ourselves.
The good news is that out goals against column is showing we are more solid and compact at the back already, and there is a new fighting spirit which has become apparent.
Four points out of nine is a better return than previous matches, so the new Manager has most certainly starting to have an impact.
Obviously looking at the fixtures in the next four matches looks a little daunting, but we have to believe that we can salvage points in everyone of those games.
We cannot wait around for a so called fellow relegation outfit to come along to try and grind three points from them.
We have to try and be consistent in every match, it's called good habits, and good habits will achieve maximum opportunity to pick up points wherever we go, we cannot pick and choose, it does not work like that.
Come the Window, we need reinforcements, let's not kid ourselves.
We have to be one step ahead of all the teams immediately above us, and Saturday against the Manx is just one challenge in a row of challenges.
Must win matches do not start in February, they start in August, that's why we are playing catch up.
The other good news is, we still have 69 points to play for, which is my favourite number.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Was asked on twitter to look at halfway stage of things.
here is a table showing how the positions 17-20 look at 19 games and 38 games.
Vast majority of times the second half of the season out performs the first half.

MJG

Fulll tables and everything else after tonights game.

Taking 34 points as the target to stay up and also taking into account I dont expect a point in any of the big six games these are the milestones we need to aiming for points wise at the end of each month to stay on track.

MJG

Final Pts predictions

need to...

Bottom 7 have fallen away now, here is how they are doing vs the rest of the table

Form and gaps...we need to be on rolling form of 7 pts

Full table PPG projections with form

Year on Year table

MJG

Final Pts Prediction

need to...

Target at end of each month to reach 33

Bottom 7

Form and gaps...

Full table PPG projections with form

Year On Year

MJG

Full Table PPG Projection

PPG projection, Gap to 17th and form

Year on Year Table

MJG

Prediction of final table shows 34 points for 17th place

We will need...

Targets at end of each month based on losing every game to big 6

Bottom 7 Vs everyone

How my prediction is changing game by game. Moving between 33 and 34 for 17th.

MJG

At the halfway stage of the season its easy to look at a table and go 20th has 10 pts it will end with 20 pts, but looking back over 18 seasons at the bottom 4 positions they out perform the first half results 80% of the time.

17th has 15pts, on avg it should get to 33/34

MJG

All the stats below point in many ways to us needing to be the 12th or 13th best team in the league for the rest of the season.

To do that we need to get 7 or 8 points every 6 games rolling form wise.

MJG

Last couple of seasons I have doen the PPG projected table including form, which was ok but was based just on Points per game form.

This season I have tried a new way fo predicting the final table.

Its a work in progress but here is a projection for game 19 after the 10th game this season and showing how far I'm out. For me 1 point either way is good but I leave that for others to judge.