News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extremely boring subject: Bike racks near the cottage?

Started by jamesffc, September 24, 2018, 08:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesffc

I'd quickly like to apologise that this thread may be the most boring this year.

I commute on match days from Acton and the transport is a bit fiddly and I've been thinking I could cycle in to the cottage.

Is this something people do, and is there somewhere near enough the ground for me to stash the bike?

Cheers

Southcoastffc

Answers here:   http://www.fulhamfc.com/help/faq/travelling-to-the-game

If the cycle racks are not still there, maybe use the park railings?

BY BIKE

If you are planning to cycle to Craven Cottage, you will find bicycle storage racks located in Bishops Park, just behind the Putney End of the stadium.

Transport For London's Cycling Journey Planner is a useful resource for planning your trip to and from the stadium.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

In the 60's a guy on the Stevenage Road had an enterprising scheme where he would look after peoples bikes for 5p probably a couple of quid now if it still existed. However you could leaflet houses near the ground to see if anyone was interested or suggest to the council that they provide Boris bikes and racks close to the ground.

Robbie

Good point ... I cycle more and  more, and so do many others.

We need more racks.  The club could put out a temporary rack - for 30 bikes ?  for match days

General

I cycle there all the time, there are railings near the Hammersmith stand which are good and then you can also reliably park the bike on any of the roads leading to the ground round a lamp post etc.

Have done it for over 10 years and never had and never had any issues.