News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Youngest player and the first goal scorer.

Started by bog, September 26, 2018, 04:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

We know the player who scored the first ever goal in the League Cup was our own Maurice Cook, away to Bristol Rovers, and now we add the youngest player in that tournament also.

092.gif

Jamie88

Quote from: bog on September 26, 2018, 04:43:35 PM
We know the player who scored the first ever goal in the League Cup was our own Maurice Cook, away to Bristol Rovers, and now we add the youngest player in that tournament also.

092.gif

I also wonder if we are one of the least successful clubs who have appeared in it since it's conception!

bog

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 26, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

092.gif

I also wonder if we are one of the least successful clubs who have appeared in it since it's conception!

Yes I agree! The best I think was 2-0 up at Leicester with ten mins to go under Bracewell looking at the semis and he takes off our our forwards and we end up losing on pens after a 3-3 draw! Grr!

Andy S

Its a shame that one of our previous youngest players Mathew Briggs after a promising start to his career seemed to vanish without trace.

filham

Could be our season for a good run in this cup. We have thought that a good few times before , I bet.

uninformed

Quote from: Andy S on September 26, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
Its a shame that one of our previous youngest players Mathew Briggs after a promising start to his career seemed to vanish without trace.

I don't think he vanished - he was given his share of chances. His performances, especially at the defensive end, just kept getting worse and worse, to the point where he couldn't even get a game in the 3rd tier.

The Enclosurite

The Fulham Academy - A massive lasting legacy from Mr Al Fayed.  That ladies and gentlemen is why we should never stop singing his name!  049:gif
¡COYW!

SG

Quote from: bog on September 26, 2018, 05:39:21 PM

092.gif

Yes I agree! The best I think was 2-0 up at Leicester with ten mins to go under Bracewell looking at the semis and he takes off our our forwards and we end up losing on pens after a 3-3 draw! Grr!

Coleman lashed his over the bar if I recall. Had a damn good curry before the game though!

bog

Quote from: SG on September 26, 2018, 08:18:46 PM
Quote from: bog on September 26, 2018, 05:39:21 PM

092.gif

Coleman lashed his over the bar if I recall. Had a damn good curry before the game though!

Yes he did.  But I think it was he who put us 2-3 ahead in extra time with a fantastic header from a corner. I think we missed most of our pens in the shoot out.

092.gif