watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Bruce

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 03, 2018, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

The Vegetable who threw the Cabbage at him, must be very proud of himself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Always likely to happen with new owner and long standing rumour about Thierry Henry which may yet prove to have been fake news.  Villa may live to regret it though.

One James stannard

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 03, 2018, 07:12:51 PM
Idiotic responses suggesting he should replace Slavisa or WE should do the same to Slavisa!
Unbelievable it really is!

Whilst I keep reminding myself that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I feel those comments must be made by wind up merchants.
Anybody who actually believes we should sack/replace Slav are very very wrong

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2018, 06:58:41 PM
I quite like Steve Bruce, and yes expectations are high, I cannot see that sacking him is to their advantage, certainly not short term, and long term does not exsist, because the club does not believe in it.
Football is basically eating itself from the inside, because far too many important football decisions are now made by non footballing people.
Once again, so very true Woolly.💲

Jem

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2018, 07:35:55 PM
The Vegetable who threw the Cabbage at him, must be very proud of himself.
Is this what happens when you don't eat your greens?

In all seriousness I don't particularly like the man but would not wish that he was sacked.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Jimsbeerbelly

Apparently, it was for grocery misconduct

Bassey the warrior

Can't stand the man. His teams are so so dull.

Sgt Fulham

No real opinion on the man but really want to see Villa fail, fail, and then fail some more. The sheer entitlement of a lot of their fans is incredible. Long may the circus continue.

bog

Apparently the squad have had a whip round for a leaving present and bought him a cabbage patch doll.  :022:

092.gif

Andy S

It's never any fun getting sacked. No I don't think Bruce deserves it as he was doing a reasonable job. I'm sure he will work with another club again soon and I wish him all the best. Aston Villa will get what they deserve and that is what happens in football. Leeds have been in the Championship for years and Villa are set to copy them I fear

nose returns

strange sacking but sometimes you come to the end of your usefulness and maybe the board could not support him. he is a good manager and an ambitious club could do worse.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 03, 2018, 05:25:12 PM
The difference between success and failure is so small. Mind you an awful overreaction by Villa to sack him this early.
Ten games into the season is a critical time, it is when a board expect to see results for summer investments and when there is time for a new man to make judgements before the January window.

Another poor performance tomorrow and Jocanovic should be looking over his shoulder.

MJG

Quote from: filham on October 04, 2018, 04:33:08 PM
The difference between success and failure is so small. Mind you an awful overreaction by Villa to sack him this early.
Ten games into the season is a critical time, it is when a board expect to see results for summer investments and when there is time for a new man to make judgements before the January window.

Another poor performance tomorrow and Jocanovic should be looking over his shoulder.
have some patience, it will be eight games after Sunday with 30 to go. He's still right man for the job, just as he was last October when many wanted him gone.
Just the views of a long term fan

HV71

obviously it's time to go out and grab a pint of hemlock or two .

One James stannard

My mind is actually blown with the mere mention of us parting ways with Slav. We have got ourselves a fantastic manager, we really are lucky to have him with us.

I am behind Slav and his team 100%

Woolly Mammoth

As we all know, The Division this year is very much a lot stronger and unforgiving. Add the injuries to players started prior to the commencement of the season, add the profusion of players brought in at the last minute.
Then a difficult start for Fulham was always on the cards. 
It's easy to be wise after the event, but our manager is having to deal with fresh challenges as has the club.
Maybe more experienced personal in and around the non playing side of the club may have done a better job, from the moment the final whistle blew at Wembley last May on that glorious day.
In a perfect world, then maybe the preperation of Fulhams return to the top flight could have been handled differently. But it is what it is, and we have to get on with it.
To think about Slavisas position so early in the season is more than premature, after all I think he is just as much a victim as anyone at this stage.
Naturally, and I fully understand that as supporters, when things are looking rather sticky, fans do a great deal of dissecting every issue, that is human nature, especially when we are hanging around the relegation zone.
But there have only been 7 games out of 38, even though 5 points is a poor return.
If after another 7 games we find ourselves with only another 5 points, then there could be cause for concern, and of course maybe more fingers will be pointed at the Manager, but is that the answer, is that really wise, some people may feel there is justification, others may feel, it was never going to be easy anyway, so what did we expect.
It's easy to fire a manager, because of lack of patience and foresight, but not quite so easy to replace him.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire comes to mind, we shouldn't even be talking about the man who achieved what many of us thought was not possible 12 months ago, and looked upon him as the second coming of Jesus last May.
A manager to a certain extent is only as good as the players he has under his command.
He has to deal with the cards he is dealt.
I reckon his handling of what could be a survival fight will improve considerably, as will the players he has under his wing, providing he and the players adjusts to this challenge by picking up points no matter who we play.
It's utter folly to look at the fixtures and dismiss any chances we have v Arsenal. Yet think we can plot points against the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth as though they do not exsist.
My biggest concern is, our ability to fight and scrap for points, have we enough fire in our bellies, will we fight to the last man.
Well I reckon Slavisa has those qualities. Have enough of the players I ask myself. I cannot answer that at this current moment, can anyone.
Do we have enough leaders, do we have enough characters, do we have enough fighters, do we have enough warriors, do we have enough winners. I am not 100% convinced we have, but convinced enough to say to the players, I have confidence in you to climb the League, because that is what they are paid handsomely to do, and if over 38 matches we find we have failed to finish above at least three other clubs, no names mentioned, then maybe we deserve our fate, as will the Manager.
But my feeling is that we have the right manager for the job no matter what.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: One James stannard on October 04, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
My mind is actually blown with the mere mention of us parting ways with Slav. We have got ourselves a fantastic manager, we really are lucky to have him with us.

Agree.
But we fans don't run the club, if we don't get something out of the games after the international break, then the owner and son might start to think that they haven't got anything from their summer investment.
I never take anything for granted when it comes to the people who run clubs..Coyw.

toshes mate

I am one hundred percent behind SJ and have been from an early point in his tenure here.  He is a good professional football guy.  As WM says above sacking SJ will create a new set of problems without changing anything on the playing front where the most serious issues - injuries and performance deficits - may be observed.   We have had these issues since the Khans arrived and whilst there have been improvements in recruitment here and there, the Club must do better with hanging onto what works and only clearing away and replacing what doesn't work during closed season and winter windows.  If we don't waste transfer and wage money on misfits there is more to spend on best fits.  But that is for future windows. 

In the meantime the coaches at the Club needs to carry on the work with, and the honesty about, who is fit for first team duty and who isn't.  That way we will turn things around much more quickly.

Fulham76

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 05, 2018, 05:50:54 AM
Quote from: One James stannard on October 04, 2018, 11:09:10 PM

Agree.
But we fans don't run the club, if we don't get something out of the games after the international break, then the owner and son might start to think that they haven't got anything from their summer investment.
I never take anything for granted when it comes to the people who run clubs..Coyw.

Agree with both of these comments but I think our owners will realise we've had a pretty tough start to the season.

Away games at Spurs, Man City & Everton at are probably 3 of the toughest away games of the season. Followed by Arsenal.....

I know that no games are easy in the premier league but they don't get a lot tougher than our start to the season either.

I think SJ has a fair bit of time yet. Hope so anyway. Would be crazy to  even think about sacking him in my opinion.

Burt

2 points off a play-off position... Brutal.