watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from the gunners

Started by terryr, October 07, 2018, 09:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I've been travelling the past month and a combination of dodgy internet and near exhaustion have meant I've neglected my " view from" duties of late.
Here's what I found after a quick scan of their boards ( they have a lot of boards ranging from bat sh"t crazy to boring and predictable dominated by multi thread discussions of wegner's legacy)

" A match where we can afford to start all 4 (Laca, Auba, Ozil, Mkhi)."

" Can afford?
Fulham won't be pushovers."

" Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Nacho
Xhaka - Torreira
Iwobi - Özil - Auba
Laca

"Bang tidy and better balance.
So glad Sokratis is back, I used to play as a CB at school and its been a long time since we've had a CB that I've liked as much, can't believe the amount of doubt we all had when we signed him, we really need to learn to not make assumptions ........ he's outshining Mustafi who cost much more.

We've needed no nonsense players like him Torreia and Lich for a long, long time."
" Cech
Bellerin Holding Sokratis Monreal
AMN Iwobi
Mhkitaryan ozil Lacazette
Aubameyang

Leno, Mavrpanos, Lichtsteiner, Welbeck, Guendouzi, Torreira, ESR.
I think Torreira is physical too small and not fast, but i still like him. However, I reckon with the athleticism and decent ball skills of AMN and Iwobi in the middle, they are solid enough to keep the lazy Ozil as AM and focus on his attacking talent.
Ramsey,Elneny, Mustafi, Xhaka are really surpluses and should be sold and but in one big CM, one Winger at least"

"Will be a tough game I reckon, after all the travelling they've just done.
Good thing is Fulham actually try to play football so that will help us. Is Cairney fully fit yet? "

" Glad to see most people here prefers holding over Mustafi, hope Emery thinks the same way."

" If we win this that's 9 on the bounce.
Be careful what you wish for ............."

" We should keep using Guendouzi how we're using him now
You don't want to overplay him at his age in one of our crucial areas where he's prone to errors positionally and generally makes mistakes
Next season though he has a huge claim to be a starter. I love the kid he's so good but needs to be eased in from here on out imo"

" Lol. If you were the manager, we'd have kept Fabregas on the bench for Edu until 2009.
You can point out his mistakes, but Xhaka makes those just the same. If you're good enough, you're old enough and if we think the team would be improved by starting him then we absolutely should start him."

" Do we play Ramsey against Fulham?
I would  rather not to start him as his body language is no good and his mind had gone elsewhere no more committed to Arsenal FC.
Time to play Mkhitaryan as No. 10 with Auba on left side, both of them can interchange.
have another at look at Sokratis-Holding partnership with Monreal and Bellerin as FB.

Time to field a settled side with no more rotation to find the best combination.
Just field players that are committed for the next 3 seasons here.

................................ Leno

... Bellerin ... Sokratis ... Holding ... Monreal

............ Xhaka .................... Torreira

... Ozil ................Mkhitaryan .......... Aubameyang

........................... Lacazette

We need Mkhi-Auba to track back like what they did at Dortmund.
Good to see Laca is tracking back and putting in a defensive shift in midfield.

Ozil being Ozil is a luxury item which the team must be geared towards his playing style to get the best out of him.
Let him stay upfield and encourage him to up his work-rate like he did at Mourinho's Real Madrid.

Ozil is our best creative playmaker and the need needed to build around him to accommodate his playing style ... or get rid of him in January or August next year."

" I disagree. This is now a shop window for Ramsey. He needs to play well in order to get a decent move."

" Fulham(A) - must win
Leicester(H) - tricky, but at home have to win these
Palace(A) - must win

" Fulham been so awful since thier win against Burnley. They play open game so should suit us.

" Let's look at the next 3 PL fixtures.
Arsenal:

A Fulham - 3pts
A Crystal Palace - 3pts
H Wolves - 3pts

" I could easily see a draw and defeat in the next two. Fulham seem to be a bit **** though so we should be beating them. Palace will be a tricky one."

" Fulham is huge, get a result there and depending on results we could be 2 off the top.
We've been doing so well lately of just taking care of business."
" I'm not too confident even though I want 24/24. Fulham away and Palace away is very tricky, but we need to keep pressure on the top teams and beat them.
Still don't think we're that good to keep both teams out, seeing we shipped two goals at Cardiff and also won marginally at Newcastle."

" Could be a tough fixture but I reckon we'll ride it out and win 2-0. Make it 9 wins in a row and 6 in a row in the PL.
Same formation as we have previously played please as you don't change a winning team no matter how bad Ramsey plays, hope every appreciates the effort I have put in into making this thread, means a lot.
COYG!"

" I fear that Emery underestimated how hard it is to win away in the PL by taking so many first-teamers to Baku. BT also did the club no favours with that ridiculous 12:00 kick-off.
Going to need Ramsey (if he plays), Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang to give the team a spark here."

" Two teams that can't defend but can score goals. We have more quality so I'll say we'll win 4-2"

" Win 3-1."

" Considering the type of teams we've been beating without even getting out of 2nd gear of late, this seems like a lay-up. Fulham are top heavy - decent attacking players but really weak so far defensively. So they can probably hurt us but not as much as we will probably hurt them."

" Yeah but it's just that kind of team that we have so frequently fallen into the trap of dismissing and being punished by. I want full focus and an absolute demolition of them. Go into the international break full of confidence and ready to come back and continue winning. None of this lazy, complacent nonsense we've seen in the past. Top 4 is very much a realistic goal for us but we've got to take care of business in these games we're heavily favored in."

" One of the more likable clubs around. Pleased to see them up, and I hope they stay up.
We should win this one though."

" I'm afraid Mitrovic will bully Mustafi."

" Not if Mustafi is on the bench ...."

" Always loved our clashes with Fulham... Looking forward to this one!"

" I think it'll be a fun game Fulham is very attacking team so there will alot of spaces for us to attack them.

Emery will go with:
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Mustafi Monreal
Torreira Ramsey Xhaka
Özil Auba
Lacazzete"

" Tough game on a small pitch, but we need 3 points. Expect nothing else.
Are there international matches again after this? They really need to change the schedule, nobody wants them."

" This 12:00pm kick off sucks balls.

A bunch of friends are coming around mine in the AM's to watch McGregor knock Khabib out. Before that we're going down the pub to watch Ohara Davies and Jack Catterall. I'm gonna be in no condition to watch us play.

Still gonna watch though..

I'd go;

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Nacho
Xhaka Torreira
Mkhitaryan Özil Iwobi
Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Kola, Mustafi, Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Welbeck, Lacazette.

Now.. now, before yous bite my head off. I really don't like Aubameyang out wide. For me, we're wasting a world class striker. Occasionally he can do a job there, but he's gotta play up top for me.
Laca is also a top class striker, but he lacks the pace and 1v1 ability to play out wide. What a tangled web we weave aye?
Iwobi deserves a start. And he and Miki are about as close to wide players we have. Get Özil back at no.10 with some movement around him. We'll destroy Fulham. If not, we have Laca to come off the bench and finish them off.
0-3 to The Arsenal. Auba x2 and Özil. COYG."

"1-4 to The Arse.
Boomerang hatrick. "

"
Re: Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00
Postby 1989 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:09 am

"Just wanna see Laca and Auba together upfront in a 4-4-2. They would be too much for Fulham.
Looking forward to Leno's first PL start hopefully with Sokratis and Holding and no Mustafi in front of him.
Mitrovic is a threat for them.
0-3."

" If Mustafi plays then their mascot will be a threat for them."

" We seem to be on a roll at the minute, Emery also seems to carry a bit of luck, as we have been very poor at the back, yet the winning run goes on. This could be down to lack of quality in the opposition as much as anything else.
Anyway, don't see any reason why we can't get away with it again against a struggling Fulham side.
The lack of organisation in defence however needs to be addressed and the tinkering with the back 4 doesn't seem to be making much difference.
Failure to sort this out is going to see us 3 or 4 goals down by half time when we play quality opponents.
Might not be a coincidence that the only area of the team that hasn't improved is that which Steve Bould is presumably playing a major role"

" Hopefully Sokratis will put Mitrovic back in his box and those Gooners with the 3.5 billion credits necessary to get a ticket will go home happy.
Looking forward to It. Haven't felt like that last few years."

" 2-0 win
Leno Man of the Match
Goals: Iwobi and Lacazette"

" we're due a poo result
sorry to piss on everyone's bonfires, we've sort of ridden our luck in league, the pessimist in me says it'll come to an end soon  :(
having said that, we've got the talent on the pitch to piss this one 5-0
UNAI EMERY'S REDANDWHITE ARMY "

" Since the first 2 games we havn't really played a decent team. We've had luck along the way, not played very well & still got the results. I think our luck may end on this one. I don't think we are as good as many think up front. I'd say a 2-2 draw with our keeper MOM. Also please leave Ozil on the bench. "

" A struggling fulham side that are FAR better than they are showing - I watched them in the championship final last season and they were a really good team then, and they have bought well in the summer (although they probably bought too many players) so they should be competitive this season. In the past this would have all the ingrediants of yet another AFC balls up - a team struggling for form, fighting down at the bottom of the league and desperate for a win, when the mighty AFC roll into town handing out pressies to everyone :roll:
Have to be honest and say that mitrovic worries me - he may well be a crazy b..stard, but he is an old school goal poacher and they are a rarity in modern day football. I am all up for dick wanting to keep the winning run going, but I do wonder if bringing so many first team players to that game thursday night was wise. This game will imo be a big test for leno - a tight pitch will mean plenty of crosses and physical challenges on him, and he will need to be prepared for that. For that very same reason, this is a game where I would start liechsteiner ahead of bellend - I think that his experience and die hard defensive mentality would be more suited to playing fulham away, where as bellend's forwards runs would make him a better choice against fulham at home.
A close battle which could see a narrow victory, a draw, or a narrow defeat (I like to cover all possibilities :wink: ), but I think that it will finish 1-1

" Judging by what i've seen from us in the opening 7 league games, it's impossible to make a proper prediction, other than Fulham will definitely get chances against us, but i'm still hoping we are good enough at the other end, to scrape out a win. On a side note, it's beyond irritating when certain sections of our fan-base proclaim someone as world class, whenever a player does anything positive, which many seem to be doing when it comes to Lacazette. He has 2 goals in seven games, and will probably finish with a similar record as Giroud usually did for us, at the end of the season."

That's it for this week

Slaphead in Qatar

For some reason I fancy us today