https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So called supporters doing us down

Started by ken 44, October 06, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken 44

I have read posts by a chap called Riversider and another called Rm
and if you read their posts you may or may not share my opinion that
if they are supporters there the type this club can do without.

JoelH5

This is going to be a fun thread to follow...  :beer:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Riversider

Quote from: ken 44 on October 06, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

Kenneth, when you've been going home and away for 48 years perhaps you can come back and give me your opinion,
Until then ..........

Nero

Ken44 like one of the people at work in their ivory towers where they believe everything is sunny and patting themselves on the back and those that dont are troublemakers then the company gets in the poo because the people at the top have been walking around with there eyes and ears closed believing and seeing what they want and everything is fine and dandy, by the way, we are currently 3rd from we're doing a fantastic job

JoelH5

Quote from: Riversider on October 06, 2018, 06:18:51 PM

Kenneth, when you've been going home and away for 48 years perhaps you can come back and give me your opinion,
Until then ..........

You must waste a lot of money going to matches seeing as you are often posting on here in the middle of them :hook:
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Following Fulham for a long, long time and you have to understand hat never before have we seen spending like we saw this summer, reasonable to expect performances better than we have seen so far.

Baszab

What nonsense OP
This is a forum
I am absolutely passionate and obsessive about FFC - but I still say it's crap when it is (which I don't think it has been so far the season)

The Old Count

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2018, 06:53:58 PM
Following Fulham for a long, long time and you have to understand hat never before have we seen spending like we saw this summer, reasonable to expect performances better than we have seen so far.

Because of that unprecidented spending there are many new players to be integrated into the team That, along with a few injuries, is why performances have been less than we'd all hoped for. A bit more patience is needed. Let's see where we are after a dozen or so games.
Having said all that, it's because people care about the club that there's a certain lack of patience and criticism.

Twig

Until then ..........

I agree with Bas that this is a discussion forum and that people are perfectly entitled to call crap as they see it.  But Riversider please, please don't give us that old; I've been going home ad away for donkeys years (and therefore you're not fit to have an opinion) crap.  It doesn't make me a better supporter because I have been going (mostly home games) since 1959 and it doesn't make you any better because you've been going since 1970.  In fact it could be argued that we are old and out of date, not that I'd agree, but I do detest unfounded moral superiority.

Peabody

Until then ..........

Perhaps I could say the same too you Riversider, when you have been going for seventy odd years, like I have. Ken has a point though.

Lighthouse

The worst kind of human being are the ones who have to divide people who support the same idea, club, religion, political party. Not divide through argument and debate but through accusing one set of supporters of being less than another set of supporters. We can never do without fans who have an opinion. I don't care if you have supported the club longer than me or have only been a fan for a few hours. But please don't ever suggest we can do without fans who simply offer an opinion. If you don't agree with it. Then you debate the point. If you only want positive support don't read Football threads and join a cult that blindly follows a leader or idea without question.

For me I will always prefer a debate and a good argument with somebody who is a real fan and happy to express their opinion even if it is less than supportive. Otherwise this place becomes very dull. The real fans are the ones who feel secure enough to tell the truth as they see it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Luka

Quote from: Twig on October 06, 2018, 08:51:30 PM

Until then ..........

I agree with Bas that this is a discussion forum and that people are perfectly entitled to call crap as they see it.  But Riversider please, please don't give us that old; I've been going home ad away for donkeys years (and therefore you're not fit to have an opinion) crap.  It doesn't make me a better supporter because I have been going (mostly home games) since 1959 and it doesn't make you any better because you've been going since 1970.  In fact it could be argued that we are old and out of date, not that I'd agree, but I do detest unfounded moral superiority.

BOOM💥💥💥
You either know your football or you don't.
The number of years you've been going is irrelevant.

hovewhite

On a forum you have to as agree to differ as every individual has there own opinion.

BedsFFC

I remember pre-internet, bumping into a Fulham fan was a delight. They were your best mate for a short while. depending on where you were, you could literally spend a few hours with them, reminiscing the bad and the bad times.

Then the net came along and the first few forums were born. These were magical. TIFF founded by Thorpey was an amazing place and it did have that feel of these were your mates. Many freindships formed and still going strong.

Sadly, this did change. I'm guessing just the popularity and the boards have just lost that bit of sparkle. Debates dont seem to be the same, its either right or wrong, no backing down. We definately had the crown for gallows humour. It's what made us fulham and not chelsea.

But, there does seem to be a very very small but very vocal few posters who seem disgruntled with Fulham like you would be with your local council. Not trusting them, not really liking them and leaning on the garden fence grumbling about them to yiour neighbour because they havent picked the bins up this week.

Fulham fc to me is the secret love of my life. I fancied her right at the start and still do. I know she will always let me down eventually, she flirts with my mates and always has a drink too many and makes a fool of herself. Some nights I swear I'll leave her in the morning but never do.
Then every once in a while, she turns up and she looks like the most amazing thing in the world and sets the world alight and for that moment I know why I stuck with her and for those nights, under the lights, it all makes sense.

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 06, 2018, 09:59:02 PM
I remember pre-internet, bumping into a Fulham fan was a delight. They were your best mate for a short while. depending on where you were, you could literally spend a few hours with them, reminiscing the bad and the bad times.

Then the net came along and the first few forums were born. These were magical. TIFF founded by Thorpey was an amazing place and it did have that feel of these were your mates. Many freindships formed and still going strong.

Sadly, this did change. I'm guessing just the popularity and the boards have just lost that bit of sparkle. Debates dont seem to be the same, its either right or wrong, no backing down. We definately had the crown for gallows humour. It's what made us fulham and not chelsea.

But, there does seem to be a very very small but very vocal few posters who seem disgruntled with Fulham like you would be with your local council. Not trusting them, not really liking them and leaning on the garden fence grumbling about them to yiour neighbour because they havent picked the bins up this week.

Fulham fc to me is the secret love of my life. I fancied her right at the start and still do. I know she will always let me down eventually, she flirts with my mates and always has a drink too many and makes a fool of herself. Some nights I swear I'll leave her in the morning but never do.
Then every once in a while, she turns up and she looks like the most amazing thing in the world and sets the world alight and for that moment I know why I stuck with her and for those nights, under the lights, it all makes sense.
one of the best posts on here in a long time.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Great post, brilliantly written.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Twig on October 06, 2018, 10:21:10 PM

[/quote
Great post, brilliantly written.

I restrict myself to one post a year. I will use it to applaud yours 🙌

St Eve

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 06, 2018, 06:36:45 PM

Until then ..........

You must waste a lot of money going to matches seeing as you are often posting on here in the middle of them :hook:
LOL

gezkc

Great post. Sums up supporting Fulham perfectly!

:Haynes The Maestro:

I Ronic

Reminiscing the bad and the bad times.

The best one true line, of how it sometimes feels to follow Fulham that I've ever read. We all come back for more though and there are days (against Man City, Diomansy Kamara played the kind of game we all knew he could but never quite did) and nights (Juventus at the Cottage) when, just occasionally to support Fulham makes you know what heavens like.