watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We had 21 shots to Arsenal's 9..

Started by General, October 07, 2018, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

How frustrating is it watching our team at the moment. Admittedly our shots weren't the most ferocious, but the most frustrating thing bar Christie being shockingly poor, has to be seeing the team constantly be undone when you know they're better than they are at the moment.

One thing really stood out for me today and that was our team shape - I don't think we had any and it was in stark contrast to Arsenals, especially defensively. None of our players in defence looked like they had a clue what position they were playing or where they were meant to be when defending.

How Christie didn't even bother to track back despite being a player who has plied his trade a defender for so many years and should understand the need to have players support the back line and also the danger that's posed is beyond me - we're seriously lacking.

Anguissa was another - he clearly has loads of talent,but for some reason he constantly seems to lack the awareness of his surroundings - there were at least two or three times when he had the ball, looked to be in space and comfortable and then got dispossessed... after which he'd then play very sharp passing football or make a good interception.

We desperately need to stop changing the team every game, find a settled 11. You can see the benefits it's having for the players who are getting proper game time in Vietto, Schurrle and Seri.. even Mitro. I don't understand how Jokanovic has gone from being in so much control and playing a team so consistently to chopping and changing things so much.

Schurrle, Vietto were the two stand outs - I wish we didn't have such a weak defence - it must be about time that Rico is given a start in goal. For all Bettinelli's positive development, his lack of anticipation for the second goal and flatfootedness for others was shocking. I never thought Odoi and Ream were going to be quick enough for this league and they're not.

Come on Fulham - time to get a grip!  :group hug:

Further Stats here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-arsenal/stats/390830

Can't believe a team of professional footballers who train week in week out can have 21 shots and only 4 on target.  :doh: 093.gif

Woolly Mammoth

If in future the players aim their shots at the opposing Goalkeeper and not to avoid him, they may find a few more hitting the back of the net.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.