Fulham
1 - 5 Arsenal
Southampton
0 - 3 Chelsea
Liverpool
0 - 0 Man City

WhiteJC

Fulham 1-5 Arsenal

Arsenal scored four goals in the Premier League for the first time this season in the victory at Craven Cottage

Arsenal manager Unai Emery said Aaron Ramsey is a "very important player" for the club after his goal of the season contender helped the Gunners thrash Fulham 5-1.

A contract offer to Ramsey was withdrawn last month but the Wales midfielder showed his quality when he created and finished a stunning team move to help Arsenal to a ninth straight win in all competitions - their best run since April 2015.

"For me it was very important for him to take confidence and take that first goal," said Emery.

"He did not start in the first 11 today but when he was on he scored within a minute and that gives confidence for both him and us.

"We are happy because I think this shows the commitment we have in training and the quality and the understanding of our tactical position.

"I think we are in the first competition in the world, and we must keep taking confidence."

Alexandre Lacazette scored two impressive goals before substitute Ramsey added a third and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang netted twice.

Frenchman Lacazette claimed the opening goal of the London derby at Craven Cottage when he spun on Nacho Monreal's cutback before drilling the ball past England's latest goalkeeping addition Marcus Bettinelli.

But Fulham drew level before the break as Luciano Vietto pounced on a loose pass by Monreal to thread the ball through to Andre Schurrle, who chipped over Gunners keeper Bernd Leno.

Arsenal regained the lead through Lacazette, after his opportune strike from long range seemed to catch the Fulham keeper by surprise, as it nestled in the bottom corner.

Ramsey was introduced in the 67th minute - and the Welshman added a third just 39 seconds later as Arsenal moved from left to right with one-touch passing and neat headers, before Aubameyang cut the ball back for Ramsey to flick past Bettinelli.

Aubameyang added a fourth when he swivelled on a low cross from Bellerin to side-foot the ball into the far corner, before the Gabon striker rounded off the scoring after a neat low finish to cap a thoroughly entertaining victory in the derby.

A sixth consecutive Premier League victory for Arsenal moved Unai Emery's men in to fourth in the table, after Chelsea won at Southampton and Manchester City claimed a point at Anfield.

Fulham remain just above the relegation zone in 17th.

Arsenal maintain under-the-radar title push
After losing their opening two Premier League games to Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal are showing real signs of progress under Emery.

And the feelgood factor seems to have returned to the club, with chants of "we've got our Arsenal back" ringing out from the away end at Craven Cottage.

The first half was an even affair but the Gunners showed a clinical edge in the second period to blow their opposition away.

Lacazette and Aubameyang appear to have a great relationship on and off the pitch, and they both scored from the two shots they had on goal on Sunday.

Ramsey and Aubameyang became the first two substitutes to register a goal and an assist in the same game in Premier League history.

Question marks still remain over Arsenal's ability to achieve results against the division's top sides - but Emery is building a team that are making a habit of winning.

Attack isn't always the best form of defence
Before Sunday's game, Fulham striker Aleksander Mitrovic said his side "needed to be smarter at the back" but would continue to play the same way and try to score goals.

Fulham are the only Premier League side yet to keep a clean sheet this season, and the Cottagers have also conceded 21 goals - the most in the division.

But that does not seem to have deterred Slavisa Jokanovic's men from playing attacking football, as the hosts produced 12 shots on goal in the first half, albeit five of those were blocked and four were off target.

The game could have been different as early as three minutes in when Luciano Vietto capitalised on a misplaced pass from Bellerin, but his fierce effort was well saved by Leno, via a Rob Holding deflection.

But as the match developed, the visitors' quality began to tell and Fulham's attempt to go toe-to-toe with the Gunners was ruthlessly exploited.

Defeat by the likes of Arsenal will not determine the Cottagers' season, but Jokanovic may have to tweak his approach against top-quality opposition.

Man of the match - Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal)

'We tried to create but showed many weaknesses' - what they said

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic said: "It is without any doubt a hard defeat for us, we tried to create things but showed many weaknesses as they scored easy goals.

"We tried to be offensive and play high with two full-backs to find a solution - but from the second goal it is clear the plan was not working. We really need to work on the weaknesses in the defensive side.

"It [conceding goals] has to be a worry always. It is a hard result, but today Arsenal showed their quality and pace. We have 90 [possible] points ahead of us and we need to be brave and keep on fighting."

Arsenal manager Unai Emery said: "Our performance over the 90 minutes was very important. To be together, and with our performance, we found each moment and each player."

On Arsenal finding themselves in the top four: "I believe in us. We believe in our process but also we must keep taking confidence. I think we are in the first competition in the world. It is very difficult but we must prepare, continue improving and show big commitment."

Fulham hit record low points haul - the stats

Arsenal have a 51.5% win rate in Premier League London derbies (124 out of 241) - the best in the division. In contrast, Fulham have the lowest win rate in these games (20.7% - 25 out of 121).
Arsenal have won four of their past five away Premier League matches - as many as they had won in their previous 19 on the road.
This is Fulham's joint-lowest points haul after the first eight Premier League games in a season.
Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazette has been directly involved in six goals in five starts in the Premier League so far this season (four goals, two assists).
Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has had a hand in more goals in all competitions in 2018 than any other player at the club (16 goals, five assists).
Aaron Ramsey scored Arsenal's third goal just 39 seconds after coming on as a substitute - the fastest Premier League goal by an Arsenal substitute since December 2007.

What's next?

Arsenal return to Premier League action after the international break at home to Leicester on Monday, 22 October (20:00 BST), while Fulham travel to Cardiff on Saturday, 20 October (15:00).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45696345

WhiteJC

Head Coach Reaction

Slaviša Jokanović was left with mixed feelings after witnessing a promising start to the game, ultimately however, the Whites left Craven Cottage well beaten.

André Schürrle levelled the scores just before the break but Arsenal hit back with four more goals in the second-half which condemned Fulham to a second consecutive defeat in the Premier League.

"My sensations are mixed a little bit," said Jokanović, "Because I thought we played the first 45 minutes well. We created the chances, the team was running well and we didn't give them many opportunities to score goals.

"But in the second-half they scored really easy goals and I missed the team being more solid, I missed more speed, I missed more thought.

"At the end we opened all the doors and they finished the action easily after not so many complicated situations for us. The second goal arrived from some throw in, they kicked the ball and finished the action, we weren't strong or fast enough to stop the shot, and the first goal too, we needed to be more solid and better in this kind of situation.

"At the moment we show so many weaknesses for this level where we are, especially on the defensive side so we must work very hard to find the solution to this kind of problem."

The Fulham head coach took off Tim Ream and brought on Aboubakar Kamara at 2-1, with a more attacking line-up to try and find a way back in the game but Arsenal pressed on and scored a further three goals.

Jokanović said: "After they scored the second goal I tried to find some way to find the equaliser, I don't believe in too many statistics but we finished the game with 21 shots and the opposite team with nine.

"At this level you can be a little bit confused but at the end they showed the quality, they showed the base, they showed their strengths too and this is what I missed, especially today.

"We must build trust in ourselves, we must be working, we must know where we are. At the moment we haven't shown a Premier League level, it's true, but 90 points are available ahead of us and we must be working hard for understanding where we are.

"It's not an easy competition, we must be brave, be strong, push forward and be ready for the next challenge.

"We tried today to win the game, to be honest we lost 5-1 but we tried to win the game.

"I trust, I believe that if I try to win the game then one day I will win the game. At the end if you believe the solution is to sit in the box and try and find the solution in this way, I don't believe in this way.

"Today we tried, we didn't make enough good but we offer some positive signs, it is not easy for me now to try and explain these positive things, especially after one hard defeat like what arrived today."

One noticeable absentee from the Fulham line-up was captain Tom Cairney who returned from injury against Everton last weekend, however Jokanović thinks he will be back sooner rather than later.

"He [Cairney] is not working with us at the moment and we are waiting. I am not a doctor but we believe he will soon be back with the team, he is still with pains and he is not available to help us," he said.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/october/07/head-coach-reaction-arsenal

WhiteJC

Out Gunned but Still Standing

It's not long after the final whistle brought the misery to an end at Craven Cottage. It's never nice losing at home, especially when another second half collapse saw us go from being in the game at 1-1, to being simply humiliated. It's very easy to succumb to all out negativity after that sort of defeat and I'm not going to shy away from the bad parts of today, and our season so far, but I'll also not ignore the positives.

Negatives

Relying on Christie is asking for problems – He tries really hard, but Cyrus Christie is just so out of his depth. He is so focused on attack (and often doesn't even get that right), that he leaves massive gaps behind him which welcomes opportunities for the opposition. Le Marchand bailed him out a few takes at 0-0 with some last-ditch tackles when Christie hadn't even slightly gotten back to defend. I worry about playing him going forward, but maybe Fosu-Mensah will be back after the international break.

One half team – There have been so many games this season were we have looked awful one half, but really good the other and today was a prime example of that. We did really well in the first half, but collapsed in the second. It was the same against Everton, while it was the first half were we barely showed up against Watford only for us to save it in the second. No team anywhere in the world will be able to get away with only showing up for one half of football. We have to be able to stay in games or else teams will just pick us off like Arsenal did today and like Everton did last week. I don't know if it is a fitness thing or what, but whatever it is, it needs addressed.

Slavisa's subs – Today the decision to bring Kamara on was mind boggling. Ream I honestly think would have come off anyway as we need to ease him in after a back injury but to bring him off for Kamara was strange. I get that we then changed formation, but surely Floyd Ayite is a better option? I can't criticise too much as I think Slav's substitutions this year have been good (think Odoi at Watford as a prime example) but today there isn't really any justification.

Questions over Bettinelli – I have always been a firm defender of Marcus Bettinelli, but I can't do that today. While some of the goals he couldn't have done much about, a few certainly should have been handled better. It's also getting to the stage that I'm questioning his organisation of the players in front of him as we don't seem to learn from our mistakes. He has to take some responsibility for that. However, the responsibility can't land at his feet and his feet only. It must be a nightmare trying to organise different players every week, and when your right wing back is nowhere to be seen, the gaps were like the splitting of the Nile at times. Hopefully his time with England this week will give him some confidence going into the games after the international break.

Positives

Sessegnon is adjusting – One of the things I was most excited about this season was seeing what Sessegnon was able to do in the Premier League. The expectation on the youngster's shoulders was carried very well last season, but he started this season quietly. However, I've been very impressed with him recently, and I think today was his best performance all season. That might sound daft considering the scoreline, but he coped very well, for the most part, in the attacking threat Arsenal had on the left. He won a number of foot races with the dangerous Hector Bellerin, and his decision making on when to go forward, go inside or stay back was right nearly every time. I'm not sure if Slavisa Jokanovic will go for a back three again, but if he does I think we can be quite optimistic about Sessegnon playing at LWB.

We are still giving teams something to think about – There is no doubt that we were in the game at half time and at times during the first half we were playing the better football. It was the same at Wembley against Spurs when after we scored our goal we looked more likely to be the team taking the lead, but for Trippier to score a trademark free kick. And against Palace I thought we were very unfortunate to come away with nothing. While the rate of conceding is alarming, it wouldn't be fair today that teams are better than us man to man. With defensive improvement we could push up the league.

So many players are due back from injury – We have played a different back line in every game this season, and that is simply not OK, but we haven't been helped by injuries to the defence particularly. I don't believe for a second that Ream's withdrawal at 2-1 down today was tactical, as he needs to be eased back in after a back injury. While I think the decision to bring Kamara on was flawed, I think Ream would have been coming off anyway. Alfie Mawson has a lot of potential, but also clearly isn't ready. He really should be our main CB, but it won't happen until he is fit. Then last week we lost both Joe Bryan and Timothy Fosu-Mensah and there is just nothing we can do about that other than nurse them back to health ASAP. While some of the chopping and changing has been a choice, a great deal of it has been injury induced. We also badly need Tom Cairney to get fit. It is so evident that when he is missing we lack a leader in midfield who has a bit of discipline about him.
    While our rate of conceding is bad, we have played Spurs, City, Everton and Arsenal this season – Conceding 21 goals in eight games is never going to be OK, but I don't believe that it requires a meltdown considering who we have played. Teams are going to concede goals to Spurs and City away, while Arsenal are lethal going forward. Yes, I'd rather we kept it down, but we have to be realistic and remember that an injury ridden defence is going to be delicious prey for attackers like Kane, Moura, Sterling, Silva, Lacazette and Aubameyang. We may have helped them along the way, but it takes something special for a full 90 minutes to keep them out.

So while today wasn't pretty, there are still reasons for us to be positive. The three games after the international break are crucial, and maybe after them we will have a better idea of how this team is adjusting to life in the Premier League.

#COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/10/20813/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Full Time - Fulham vs. Arsenal
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we shared our "initial reactions" to Fulham's 5-1 loss against Arsenal at Craven Cottage. Co-hosts Craig and Larry Coben, who were both at the match, shared their thoughts shortly after the match ended.

Just a reminder that Cottage Talk Full Time, will be recorded after each match, and this will be followed up by the Cottage Talk Post Match Show which will be recorded the next day.

you can listen to the podcast here...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2018/10/07/cottage-talk-full-time--fulham-vs-arsenal

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic admits Fulham are not playing at a 'Premier League level' after Arsenal thrashing

Slavisa Jokanovic says his side failed to play to Premier League standards during bruising defeats to Everton and Arsenal that have Fulham hovering above the relegation zone.

A 5-1 defeat to the Gunners at Craven Cottage left the newly-promoted side in 17th position with a league-worst 21 goals conceded from their first eight Premier League games, none of which have brought a clean sheet.

Fulham had held their own in the first half and cancelled out Alexandre Lacazette's opener through Andre Schurrle, but the second period brought an avalanche of goals that Jokanovic's back three were unable to repel.

Coming hot off the heels of a 3-0 defeat away to Everton that saw a similarly impressive 45 minutes frittered away, there seems severe cause for concern over Fulham's backline - not aided by the fact injuries, suspensions and form have forced Jokanovic to chop and change his backline continually.

"In general we didn't show, in some part of the games, the Premier League level," the Fulham boss told Standard Sport. "We need to be more solid, faster and more competitive.

"We tried to win the game, I trust and believe that if we play this way, one day we will win the game.

"If you believe the solution is to sit in the box and try find the solution in this way, I don't believe in this way.

"I must be worried when we play bad and lose, I trust we can play well and have more options to win the game.

"If I can complain about last game against Everton, I can complain about our attitude... today we tried and didn't play well enough, we offered some positive signs but it's not easy to explain the positives, especially after one hard defeat today."

Fulham's slow start to the season is not likely to be blown out of proportion, but the mass exodus before full-time at Craven Cottage spoke to a fanbase who had hoped for more than to be blown away by Arsenal after £100million of investment in the summer.

Despite that spending spree Jokanovic continues to lean on players such as Denis Odoi, Tim Ream and Marcus Bettinelli who helped get Fulham to the Premier League in the first place.

"We spend the money because I trust we can find solution, but the solution right now is in my hands and my players'," Jokanovic added. "We cannot be thinking about the money because this is our situation and we must find the solution."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-admits-fulham-not-playing-at-premier-league-level-arsenal-thrashing-a3955621.html

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic rues defensive weakness after Fulham lose to Arsenal

Slavisa Jokanovic acknowledged Fulham are showing too many defensive "weaknesses" after they were beaten 5-1 at home by Arsenal on Sunday.

Andre Schurrle levelled for Fulham late in the first half, but Arsenal scored four times after the break to run away with the game.

Fulham have now conceded 21 goals in eight games - the most in the Premier League - and Jokanovic said: "We played the first 45 minutes well, created chances and gave them questions. But in the second half they scored very easy goals. We opened all the doors.

"At the moment we're showing so many weaknesses for the level we are at, defensively. We need to improve quickly on this.

"I believe my team tried. After they scored a second, I tried to find some way to equalise the game. We finished the game with 21 shots, and the other team nine. But they showed the quality, the pace, the strength too."

Newly-promoted Fulham have now lost five of their eight matches in the Premier League.

But Jokanovic says he will not change his principles and ask his team to sit back and defend more.

"We must trust in ourselves, we must keep working. At the moment we haven't showed Premier League level, it's true. It's not an easy competition. We must be brave, be strong, push forward, and be ready for the next challenge.

"We tried to win the game. I trust that if I try to win the game, one day I will win the game. If you believe the solution is to sit in your box, I don't believe in that way. Anyway, when they arrive in the box you find so many problems.

"Today we tried, but we didn't play well enough. We showed some positive signs but it's not easy for me to now explain so much about those positive things."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11520480/slavisa-jokanovic-rues-defensive-weakness-after-fulham-lose-to-arsenal

WhiteJC

Fulham showing 'so many weaknesses' – Jokanovic

Slavisa Jokanovic has admitted that Fulham cannot compete in the Premier League if their dismal defending continues.

They were thrashed 5-1 at home by Arsenal and have now conceded 21 league goals this season.

They caused the Gunners problems in the first half but Arsenal unlocked them almost at will in the second period.

"My observation is mixed," Whites boss Jokanovic said.

We played the first 45 minutes well, created chances and gave them questions. But the second half they scored very easy goals. We opened all the doors.

"We're showing so many weaknesses for the level we are at at the moment, defensively. We need to improve quickly on this.

"I believe my team tried. After they scored a second, I tried to find some way to equalise the game.

"We finished the game with 21 shots, and the other team nine. But they showed the quality, the pace, the strength too."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-admits-fulham-have-so-many-weaknesses-after-arsenal-thrashing

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney suffers injury setback to add more woe to Fulham's injury list

The skipper has managed just 26 minutes of football since suffering an ankle injury at the end of August

Tom Cairney has suffered a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury that has limited the Fulham skipper to 26 minutes of football since the end of August.

The 27-year-old made an appearance in last week's 3-0 defeat to Everton, coming on as a second half substitute at Goodison Park and had been training with the side in the build-up to today's 5-1 loss to Arsenal.

However, he wasn't in the matchday squad and head coach Slavisa Jokanovic revealed after the game that Cairney was not working with the side after suffering with some pains, despite the ankle injury seemingly being okay.

He suffered the injury in Fulham's only win over the campaign, a 4-2 victory over Burnley back at the end of August, limping off after a nasty tackle by Charlie Taylor in the second half.

It looked as though he would be making a return to the side having played against Everton last week, but a set back to his injury has ruled him out until after the international break, with that crunch game against Cardiff City the target for the midfielder.

Speaking after the game, Jokanovic said: "Yes, he [Cairney] is injured.

"He is not working with us at the moment and we are waiting, I am not a doctor, we believe he will soon be close to being back, clinically he is okay but he still has many pains and is not available."

(Image: Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

It echoes back to last season, where Cairney missed a large portion of the first half of the campaign with a knee injury, that despite being healed, continued to cause him problems, resulting in the skipper missing games.

He joins Timothy Fosu-Mensah (shoulder), Neeskens Kebano (ankle) and Joe Bryan (hamstring) on the injury list.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/tom-cairney-suffers-injury-setback-15250401

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic reveals the key qualities his Fulham side are missing after Arsenal thrashing

The Cottagers have conceded the most amount of goals in the entire Premier League after losing 5-1 to Arsenal

Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed the qualities he is missing in his Fulham side at the moment - but knows the solution is in his and his players' hands.

The Cottagers lie in 17th place in the Premier League having won just once all season and were thoroughly beaten this afternoon by Arsenal, losing 5-1 at Craven Cottage.

Those five goals mean that Fulham have conceded 21 goals in eight games - four more than any other team in the entire division and those stats are a definite cause for concern for Jokanovic as he heads into the international break.

After their poor start to the season, a lot has been made of the £100million spent by Fulham's recruitment side, but those 12 players have, for the most part, yet to settle in west London with five of them coming in on the final day of the window.

The players they have at their disposals will be the ones to get them on the right track, and Jokanovic has revealed what qualities he wants to see more of from his players, but knows it's in their hands to find the solution,

He said: "Yes, we know what we spend, what I can analyse is the performance of my team, I miss more solidity, I miss some pace, I miss more challenges and this is what I am worried about.

"We spend the money because I trust we can find solution, but solution right now is in my hands and my players', we cannot be thinking about the money because this is our situation and we must find the solution."

The players they have at their disposals will be the ones to get them on the right track, and Jokanovic has revealed what qualities he wants to see more of from his players, but knows it's in their hands to find the solution,

He said: "Yes, we know what we spend, what I can analyse is the performance of my team, I miss more solidity, I miss some pace, I miss more challenges and this is what I am worried about.

"We spend the money because I trust we can find solution, but solution right now is in my hands and my players', we cannot be thinking about the money because this is our situation and we must find the solution."

He added: "In general we didn't show, in some part of the games, the Premier League level - we need to be more solid, faster and more competitive.

"My team showed that and great spirit, but in one moment they [Arsenal] restart the things with so many punishment for their side and we didn't find enough power to come back to the game.

"We tried to win the game, I trust and believe that if we do this, one day we will win the game.

"If you believe the solution is sit in the box and try find the solution in this way, I don't believe in this way.

"When they arrive in the box, we find so many problems and this goal where they score is so easy, control the ball and turn and put the ball into the net from five/six metres.

"Second goal, after one throw in, without block the shot, we concede at the moment so easy and at this level, it's complicated.

"I must be worried when we play bad and lose, I trust we play well and have more options to win the game.

"If I can complain about last game against Everton, I can complain about our attitude and this side to find some victory in this away game, today we try and didn't make good enough, we offered some positive signs but it's not easy to explain the positives, especially after one hard defeat today."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/slavisa-jokanovic-reveals-key-qualities-15250497

WhiteJC

Final day clash to decide relegation between Newcastle and Aleksandar Mitrovic is surely written in the stars

Early days yet but even the timing of matches between the two, says it will be between Aleksandar Mitrovic and NUFC for 3rd relegation spot.

Aleksandar Mitrovic was always destined to still be a story for Newcastle United this season.

Sold in the summer for £22m (could rise to £27m), would the Serbian striker be Newcastle's loss and Fulham's gain?

With four goals in his first four Fulham PL matches, predictably the background music grew, though only one in the last four has quietened things down.

However, before Newcastle's 3-2 defeat at Man Utd, NUFC were the lowest scorers in the Premier League with only four from the first seven games.

What I increasingly believe, is that Newcastle United's fate is going to be inextricably linked with that of Aleksandar Mitrovic this season.

Both form so far and the look of the Premier League table backing up that view.

This is how the PL table looks after the games involving those at the bottom on Sunday, before Liverpool and Man City played out a 0-0 bore draw.

Before this season kicked off, I thought it was guaranteed that Huddersfield and Cardiff were guaranteed to go down....plus one other. I have seen nothing so far to make me change my mind.

Thankfully both Southampton (lost 3-0 at home to Chelsea) and Fulham (1-5 at home to Arsenal) were beaten today, ensuring Newcastle didn't go into the international break with a five point gap to safety already.

However, it is ominous and Newcastle surely have to pick up points soon to steady the ship.

Looking at the next six games for Newcastle and both Southampton & Fulham makes interesting reading, these are the opposition for each club amongst their post-international break next half dozen game run:

Southampton –

Bournemouth (A), Newcastle (H), Watford (H), Fulham (A), Southampton (H)

Fulham –

Cardiff (A), Bournemouth (H), Huddersfield (A), Southampton (A)

Newcastle United –

Brighton (H), Southampton (A), Watford (H), Bournemouth (H), Burnley (H), West Ham (A)

I have a feeling that Southampton will be ok this season eventually and that, even at this very early stage, I believe our destiny will be entwined with Mitro.

Even the timings of our games against Mitrovic/Fulham look scripted.

Newcastle are due to play Fulham on the Saturday before Christmas (22 December) and this match at St James Park will surely be on Live TV.

Whilst on the very final day of the season (Sunday 12 May 2019), Newcastle travel to face Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fulham.

I hope I am wrong  but I just don't see many/any other teams getting involved in the relegation battle.

I think clearly Newcastle, Cardiff and Huddersfield are going to have serious problems scoring goals, whilst Fulham are conceding goals for fun.

At a rate of almost three per game now, Fulham have leaked 21 in eight matches, after today's 5-1 home defeat to Arsenal.

In this next run of six games for Newcastle United, I think we surely have to be looking for at least 10 points from a possible 18, which would still only give NUFC 12 points after 14 matches.

However, it is imperative you don't get cut-off and face a serious gap just to catch up.

Kenedy and Muto scored excellent goals yesterday against Man Utd, here's hoping that this isn't a false dawn in terms of creativity and goalscoring.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/10/final-day-clash-to-decide-relegation-between-newcastle-and-aleksandar-mitrovic-is-surely-written-in-the-stars-newcastle-united/