watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR who else is changing channel re Brexit

Started by bobbo, October 19, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I'm so sick of it I'm finding myself immediately changing channel when ever the topic is discussed
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lighthouse

I think we all are. The problem is that like us posting on here. None of us know really what is going on with Fulham and how to solve it. Well except me obviously. The same with Brexit. So many people on tv trying to sound as if they know or are experts. All of them telling untruths to try and make their point. Then the other side all trying to scuttle the whole thing. Very bizarre. If it wasn't for the escapism of Netflix et al I am not sure what I would do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

I know how you feel. Over here in USA I do the same when that moron trump appears (constantly).  An in depth brexit discussion would actually be a welcome relief but nothing on american tv is "in depth". :Get Coat gif:

bobbo

Quote from: jarv on October 19, 2018, 12:40:58 PM
I know how you feel. Over here in USA I do the same when that moron trump appears (constantly).  An in depth brexit discussion would actually be a welcome relief but nothing on american tv is "in depth". :Get Coat gif:
you're right jarv I was on my New England annual pilgrimage last week, and I find most of your tv hard to keep my concetration
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on October 19, 2018, 12:48:05 PM
you're right jarv I was on my New England annual pilgrimage last week, and I find most of your tv hard to keep my concetration

I enjoy Four Feather Falls, with Sheriff Tex Tucker.
I also like Bert & Ernie when they are on.
My favourite though is Sgt Bilko.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 19, 2018, 01:15:46 PM
Quote from: bobbo on October 19, 2018, 12:48:05 PM

I enjoy Four Feather Falls, with Sheriff Tex Tucker.
I also like Bert & Ernie when they are on.
My favourite though is Sgt Bilko.

I have Four Feather Falls on DVD. The New Captain Scarlet computer animation series is also very enjoyable.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

It's the biggest issue this country has faced since the second world war.

Not really sure that that this is the place to be discussing it though.

cmg

Quote from: Jimpav on October 19, 2018, 01:39:15 PM

I agree.
I will not express here any opinion one way or another on our withdrawal.
What I will say is that the way it has been handled (on all sides this side of the water at least) is the biggest and most incompetent political fiasco of my lifetime ( I am too old to remember the Munich agreement or the Repeal of the Corn Laws).
The fact that so many people are so utterly fed up with such an important issue that they just want to be done with it is testament to this fiasco. 

filham

Now there is talk of further delays, come on all the facts are known lets get it sorted.
Whether you were for or against surely you didn't want to be in no mans land for years.

cmg

Quote from: filham on October 19, 2018, 02:00:41 PM
Now there is talk of further delays, come on all the facts are known lets get it sorted.
Whether you were for or against surely you didn't want to be in no mans land for years.

The problem being that 'all the facts' are not by any means known.

One James stannard

So sick of hearing and reading about brexit I'm going to start a thread on friends of Fulham about it  :022:

I Ronic

Quote from: cmg on October 19, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on October 19, 2018, 01:39:15 PM

I agree.
I will not express here any opinion one way or another on our withdrawal.
What I will say is that the way it has been handled (on all sides this side of the water at least) is the biggest and most incompetent political fiasco of my lifetime ( I am too old to remember the Munich agreement or the Repeal of the Corn Laws).
The fact that so many people are so utterly fed up with such an important issue that they just want to be done with it is testament to this fiasco.

Ahh the "Corn Laws"  there were raised voices in the Riverside at half-time that day. The Stewards had to get involved when somebody called somebody a cad!

Brexit's a divorce. Both sides trying to keep as much of their cake as possible. I dont have a problem with a delay. If it gets us a sensible break and those in power, politically and economically fiqure out where we go next.

cookieg

Quote from: Statto on October 19, 2018, 02:23:28 PM
The only thing I've been surprised and disappointed by since the vote is how divisive it has become. Trying to justify your vote to someone who voted differently is like trying to explain why you strangled their dog, such is the hostility between the two sides.

I've just never experienced such bitterness, and although I originally thought it may be because this is the first time the establishment didn't have it their own way, I'm starting to think perhaps it's actually just a reflection of modern society where people have lost all respect for different views to their own.

No doubt this thread will end up locked.

One of the things I found quite disturbing was the immediate labelling of those who voted out as being racist, xenophobic, old etc etc. I voted to remain but this reaction to those who voted against is worrying. If we cannot have a reasoned debate on all areas and views of all sides not taken into consideration and respected we are on a slippery slope where only those of a certain side in an argument counts and everybody else is irrelevant. 

gang

Quote from: One James stannard on October 19, 2018, 02:12:50 PM
So sick of hearing and reading about brexit I'm going to start a thread on friends of Fulham about it  :022:

Well said. Any news yet about football?

Milo

I'm afraid we tend to avoid political threads because they often end in heated arguments!

.. and we need to save all that for a potentially miserable afternoon in Cardiff!