more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR London Broncos

Started by Russianrob, October 08, 2018, 11:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Alec of good Stock

Steve Diamond is DoR at Sale Sharks.

The first couple of years were great fun and the large crowds and success on the pitch were not something that we were used to on the football side and so it was like a breath of fresh air.

I remember going to Batley, Bramley, Doncaster, Leigh, Wigan, Huyton (there was an eye opener!) etc, all new to us and gave us something to do on a Sunday.

I've been to see the Broncos play at Ealing Trailfinders a couple of times, but the small crowds and plastic pitch put me off going more times.

gang

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on October 12, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
Steve Diamond is DoR at Sale Sharks.

The first couple of years were great fun and the large crowds and success on the pitch were not something that we were used to on the football side and so it was like a breath of fresh air.

I remember going to Batley, Bramley, Doncaster, Leigh, Wigan, Huyton (there was an eye opener!) etc, all new to us and gave us something to do on a Sunday.

I've been to see the Broncos play at Ealing Trailfinders a couple of times, but the small crowds and plastic pitch put me off going more times.

Huyton yes what a place, Geof Fletcher was their player, captain, coach and joint owner who wore a wig which was taken from the dressing room by one of our players  as a joke, Fletch didn't  see the funny side.

deadcowboys

Sorry Sir Alec, you have confused the 2 Diamonds. Sale's DOR is ugly & not very pleadant. Some dodgy things go on at Sale.

Fulham's Diamond was a classy centre who might still hold the club record of goals in a career. Sadly the RFL allowed Warrington to nab him, Crossley & M'Baki in 1984 for nothing. Will never forget the vile racist abuse hurled at M'Baki at Wakefield.

bog

Am I wrong in thinking that Malcolm MacDonald was something to do with the publicity side of things at the beginning?

092.gif

gang

Quote from: bog on October 12, 2018, 02:12:07 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that Malcolm MacDonald was something to do with the publicity side of things at the beginning?

092.gif

You are right he was very involved.

deadcowboys

A lot of people forget that Ernie Clay screwed the rugby side in the end as well as the football club.

Think Malcom was Commercial Director for a while.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: deadcowboys on October 12, 2018, 01:59:49 PM
Sorry Sir Alec, you have confused the 2 Diamonds. Sale's DOR is ugly & not very pleadant. Some dodgy things go on at Sale.

Fulham's Diamond was a classy centre who might still hold the club record of goals in a career. Sadly the RFL allowed Warrington to nab him, Crossley & M'Baki in 1984 for nothing. Will never forget the vile racist abuse hurled at M'Baki at Wakefield.

I never realised that. I've been to Sale on half a dozen occasions at Edgeley Park (Stockport County FC) and at the AJ Bell to watch Harlequins and, if I had seen SD there, I was going to have a chat with him about Fulham RLFC and so thanks for pointing that out!

deadcowboys

My pleasure Sir A. Nice to see there are still a few Fulham boys  around supporting the lads. Bet Ralph Rimmer was gutted Broncos won. Wasn't in the script pre season.

gang

Quote from: deadcowboys on October 12, 2018, 12:59:48 PM
The 1 and only John Dalgreen. Bit of a thug at times but very good hooker who would have played more for GB if he played anywhere other than Fulham/Crusaders/Broncos/Quins/ Broncos.

Harshly banned for life before common sense prevailed.

Don't know that it was harsh, he knocked the referee out with a right hook and then one of the opponents on the way off.

gang

The whole recording of the play off final is now available on the London Broncos website.