watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kick offs

Started by RP24, October 16, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

Don't know if anyone has noticed this or knows the reason why. But when we have a kick off we always seem to pass the ball back to then be punted up field towards the left wing. We never win it and it just ends up with their defence, is there a reason behind this?

I don't understand why we don't just pass it around the back to get players having a touch on the ball and build confidence in the early minutes. Would also probably mean we don't concede int he first 90 seconds.

filham

Last season we were doing just as suggested , passing the ball around at the back to give players a touch and to draw opponents forward. I think his season teams are intent on putting our defenders under early pressure and we are anxious to get the ball out of our half at the beginning of the game.

RP24

I appreciate getting it out of our half but is it worth it at the cost of possession? Surely by just hoofing it at kick off we invite pressure on our defence earlier on.

Not saying its a big issue just wondered why we did it.

Woolly Mammoth

I have in the passed instructed my Sunday team when kicking off to punt the ball up to their left back position, with two of our players on the right chasing the ball down, put pressure on their left back.
Either the ball goes out of play, therefore, restarting the game in their third of the pitch with a thrown on.
Or the ball stays in play, as their defender may lose possession under pressure, or give the ball away.
In the meantime two maybe three of our players are attacking their penalty area, hopefully to receive a cross from the right, and get an opportunity to have an early shot at goal.
At the very least we should end up restarting play in their last third of the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RP24

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 16, 2018, 05:56:27 PM
I have in the passed instructed my Sunday team when kicking off to punt the ball up to their left back position, with two of our players on the right chasing the ball down, put pressure on their left back.
Either the ball goes out of play, therefore, restarting the game in their third of the pitch with a thrown on.
Or the ball stays in play, as their defender may lose possession under pressure, or give the ball away.
In the meantime two maybe three of our players are attacking their penalty area, hopefully to receive a cross from the right, and get an opportunity to have an early shot at goal.
At the very least we should end up restarting play in their last third of the pitch.

Interesting, never thought of it like that. The only issue with this is that in the prem the player can often get out of trouble and more often than not I see the opposition team retaining possession.