watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“I’m ready to return” – Fulham summer signing wants to leave

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 21, 2018, 12:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

"I'm ready to return" – Fulham summer signing wants to leave, made mistake on move

According to a claim in the Turkish media, Fulham goalkeeper Fabri wants to return to Besiktas, just a few months after arriving at Craven Cottage.

The Spaniard signed for Fulham in the last transfer window but has played just two games for the club.

Fotomac have reported on Fabri's situation at Fulham and they claim he's told friends he wants a move back to Istanbul: "I want to return. I made a mistake leaving Besiktas."

Despite Fulham signing Fabri and his compatriot Sergio Rico in the summer, their No.1 for the majority of the season has been Marcus Bettinelli. Fabri did start the season as first choice but was replaced after the defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 30 year old was signed from Besiktas on the recommendation of goalkeeping coach Jose Sambade after their time together in Turkey, and despite Fulham paying €6m he's been left out of the match day squad in recent weeks.

It's unlikely his situation will improve and there's a chance he could force a move in the new year.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/im-ready-return-fulham-summer-signing-wants-leave-made-mistake-move/

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wingnut

Don't get why he was brought in. The chap hasn't had a look in so far.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Lighthouse

Well he was certainly a mistake. He never looked comfortable but then who would behind our defence? At least he was given a chance. Well a few games anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 21, 2018, 12:15:19 PM
Well he was certainly a mistake. He never looked comfortable but then who would behind our defence? At least he was given a chance. Well a few games anyway.

The mistake has been letting Bettinelli play over him during Rico's embedding in time.

filham

This is no surprise, just a problem for Jocanovic but I imagine there will be more in the pipe line.

Woolly Mammoth

This is what happens when the statts merchants have their way. The guy should not have been signed in the first place. Let the manager choose his players not administrators who don't know the difference between a football and a snowball. Don't they ever learn.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wingnut

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 21, 2018, 03:26:12 PM
This is what happens when the statts merchants have their way. The guy should not have been signed in the first place. Let the manager choose his players not administrators who don't know the difference between a football and a snowball. Don't they ever learn.

We could have gotten a solid PL keeper like Ben Foster for £4m. He would have served us very well in that position for this season and next. The stats crew probably looked at his age and dismissed him.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camel Club

If this is true I think you'll find most of us are missing you already.   If it's not and you're good enough, fight for your place and you'll find the supporters will be behind you all the way.

Facts Not Fiction

Incorrect. He would've been our 1st choice, but when a keeper like Rico becomes available, you can't turn that down.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Wingnut on October 21, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

We could have gotten a solid PL keeper like Ben Foster for £4m. He would have served us very well in that position for this season and next. The stats crew probably looked at his age and dismissed him.

Not good with the ball af his feet and in a recent interview said he wouldn't be happy playing in that kind of system.

rvFFC

Shame because he's a good keeper. Also, it's not as if Betts has shown anything better than him this season

Milo

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on October 21, 2018, 08:12:02 PM
Shame because he's a good keeper. Also, it's not as if Betts has shown anything better than him this season

Betts has been far more commanding of his area than Fabri. He had one poor game this weekend..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wingnut on October 21, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

Exactly

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Doesn't want to play for his place, that is clear, which is why we should not have signed him in the first place.

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Milo on October 21, 2018, 08:35:54 PM

Betts has been far more commanding of his area than Fabri. He had one poor game this weekend..

Betts was rubbish against Arsenal too. Bear in mind Fabri got one game and the knives were out for him, including by yourself, you can see the double standards in play.

Milo

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 21, 2018, 09:13:38 PM

Betts was rubbish against Arsenal too. Bear in mind Fabri got one game and the knives were out for him, including by yourself, you can see the double standards in play.

I saw Fabri live on multiple occasions early in the season and could see a fundamental flaw in his decision making coming off his line.

I don't see a fundamental issue with Bettinelli - just a poor performance against Cardiff when frankly his defence were a shambles. For me, he wasn't particularly poor against Arsenal and again it was the defence letting him down in the second half.

So while I understand your point that Fabri seems to have been judged off a few games while Betts is allowed to have poor games without any criticism... it comes down to my interpretation of where each went wrong. Fabri's issues (for me at least) were repetitive and will take time to coach out of him. Time we don't have while languishing at the bottom of the table.

It sounds like he isn't prepared to work on these behind the scenes to fight for his place later in the season.

Syd Cupp

I was surprised at the beginning of the season why we signed 2 keepers yet still had Betts on the books..!

Maybe there was something going on in the background somewhere.
If The keeper is saying these things then might be wise to cancel the loan deal if its possible (not sure on the rules with this).

For me at the moment though it can't be good for Betts confidence conceding as many as we are
or with a defence that is non existent. Yep I know Betts has mad bad errors too.

Maybe it is time to hand someone else the gloves.

Statto

Whilst his general shot-stopping might be half decent, Surely it's universally accepted on here that Betts' command of his area (along with his kicking) is terrible