watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy on Talksport today

Started by spikey norman, October 22, 2018, 11:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Hovewhite: I get your point totally.  But the players who got us up - with a few exceptions - cannot live with the pace or quality we are now faced with week, week out.  Fact.  My beef is the scouting staff have seemingly worked this past summer purchasing very expensive players who are well short of the physical demands and skill set needed for the Prem.  On paper yes, it does look like 'wonderful recruitment' but they are way off the mark. Stuart Grey anybody? Proper coach.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

Perhaps he had a vision of what was coming (Stuart Gray), most of us fans didn't and now we are in rebellion and rightly so!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Steven Ageroad

Wasn't Murphy part of the "Panel" who chose Kit Symons as our manager?

KJS

Danny Murphy has turned into the typical pundit, all mouth and criticism but doesn't have the bottle to stand up and be counted as a manager himself he is fast becoming another Ian Wright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carborundum

A long time ago I went on a half day course on how to deal with the media.  The nub of it was that people in the media make money by swiftly identifying who is in the doghouse and pointing at them.  This is now Danny Murphy's job.  If he's insufficiently pungent he will be replaced.

Wise insights, historical anecdotes, jokey banter, all peripheral to the main task: find the pot with unpleasant stuff in it and stir vigorously.

The fellow giving the course refused to use the term "journalists" in a similar way to Gentlemen Jim referring to the Blue team down the road as "them".  The name he used was "reptiles" on the grounds that they only think in primal urges.  Very good course.

hovewhite

Quote from: MikeW on October 23, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Hovewhite: I get your point totally.  But the players who got us up - with a few exceptions - cannot live with the pace or quality we are now faced with week, week out.  Fact.  My beef is the scouting staff have seemingly worked this past summer purchasing very expensive players who are well short of the physical demands and skill set needed for the Prem.  On paper yes, it does look like 'wonderful recruitment' but they are way off the mark. Stuart Grey anybody? Proper coach.
I do understand the other side of the debate the coaching side in the club I wonder about,a 2 week international break and still the same outcome.

ToodlesMcToot

Danny Murphy's opinions are a bit like a flag in the wind.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude