more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we go down..

Started by Milo, October 26, 2018, 09:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

... would you keep Slavisa?

... how many of our first team would leave?

Although I believe the boys will keep us up this year, I was thinking about this earlier and heard FoF/WhiteJC discuss this on Cottage Talk.

Last year Slav's methods gave us one of the best seasons we've had in decades.. but will he have had his chance to make it at the top level?

davew

Difficult question as I think (sadly) he will not be with us for that much longer! I would prefer to get rid of most of the new signings before he goes, the Summer window has changed opinions about whether our owner would invest in taking the club forward, he certainly spent a lot of money, but unwisely, a fool seldom parts with his money, really....?? Joka must take his share of the blame, no Kline around to blame this time, something very amiss this season! I think we all have our own ideas, my own opinion is that by bringing in so many new players (which we probably needed to) has caused uncertainty and maybe resentment to the guys who achieved promotion. If you are working in a successful team, office or whatever environment and then suddenly half of the team faces replacement how would you feel?? It has backfired and the money on transfers of players that I have never heard of though welcome at the time has been a complete waste. I am sort of looking forward to watching us in the Championship next year when we will compete and do well, maybe even get promoted again, but at the moment it is sad to watch us play in league that we are not competitive and it is getting embarrassing!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

I'm not giving any thought to relegation, plenty of time to turn things round.

Lighthouse

First of all our coach has for many reasons never had a season without problems. If he isn't in a constant argument with the owners about recruitment he is having problems with tactics and formation.

Last season he wasn't at the races until after we signed Mitro. Now many of us had been saying we need a forward for many seasons so we all had a sigh of relief when it worked out. But we had to have a record undefeated run to get into the playoffs. Our last game defeat was another damp squib that for some reason we just flopped at. This season we again are making excuses about the players but we all know the decisions and team sheets and the ever changing subs seems to have highlighted our Coaches short comings.

I think he has changed the way we play and when it works it is fun and great to watch. But we are prone to problems with the same old tactic against us. Play a high line against us and send in high balls into the area and we are in trouble. From Burton to Bournemouth that is the tactics that they will play against us. We haven't yet found a way around it.

If we go down and as others have said we are a long way from that yet. But as much as I think the coach has done a great job. He has had many problems and if we go down than it would be time for a change.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gezkc

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 26, 2018, 11:53:09 PM
First of all our coach has for many reasons never had a season without problems. If he isn't in a constant argument with the owners about recruitment he is having problems with tactics and formation.

Last season he wasn't at the races until after we signed Mitro. Now many of us had been saying we need a forward for many seasons so we all had a sigh of relief when it worked out. But we had to have a record undefeated run to get into the playoffs. Our last game defeat was another damp squib that for some reason we just flopped at. This season we again are making excuses about the players but we all know the decisions and team sheets and the ever changing subs seems to have highlighted our Coaches short comings.

I think he has changed the way we play and when it works it is fun and great to watch. But we are prone to problems with the same old tactic against us. Play a high line against us and send in high balls into the area and we are in trouble. From Burton to Bournemouth that is the tactics that they will play against us. We haven't yet found a way around it.

If we go down and as others have said we are a long way from that yet. But as much as I think the coach has done a great job. He has had many problems and if we go down than it would be time for a change.

I agree with you, but I think last year's turning point was the signing of Matt Target, not Mitro.