watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, October 29, 2018, 09:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I know this is a little bit later than I usually post this, but I had some trouble "digesting" our loss 😁

Rico-Looked very confident and didn't make many mistakes. I really like him + his distribution is a bit better than Betts imo.

Fosu-Mensah-Apart from the stupid penalty, his only other problem is his final moves. He does everything perfectly and then, when he needs to cross or shoot he makes an error. I think all of our defenders need to work on crossing.

Odoi-Again the better half of our cb pairing imo. Looks a bit out of position sometimes and I would give him a chance at rb,where I think he'd shine.

Ream-Worst player in the defense imo, sadly. He needs to get fully fit and he needs to stop making silly mistakes. He loses the ball way to much and looks scared at times.

MLM-I think it is clear that lb isn't his favorite position, but he does a decent job there. I really like him for some reason, he seems to make our defense more stable imo. When he went of the pitch, we were shambolic in the defense.

Kmac-Way too slow for premier league and not enough stamina. Also got a red card and practically killed our chances of getting anything out of the game. He should be on the bench and come on in the 70th minute if we are leading.

Seri-He seems to be the most criticized player and I think that's a bit unfair. He isn't a dm and because Kmac is too slow, he has to cover for him, needlessly loosing energy and then he looks very tired. He, Zambo and Cairney have to play together, and sooner they gell in together the better.

Sess-Looked lively as always. At moments looked like the only player not afraid of the opponent. Helped the defense a lot too.

Schuerrle-Really good player , but a selfish one nonetheless. His pure skill can win us games. He was pretty disciplined and tried to help the defense, but almost always selfish in the attack.

Kamara-Please no more him in the starting eleven. He cheats, talks to the referee way too much, has poor end product,... Maybe he can be an impact sub, but I still prefer both Vietto and Ayite to him.

Mitro-This is I believe the third game in a row where he got absolutely no service. He has the right attitude and tries really hard, he helped the defense not only after set-pieces, but in open-play too.

Subs:
Cairney-we badly miss him. Linked-up well with Mitro imo and gelled our team a bit(before the Kmac red ofc). He is the heart and soul of our team imo.

Zambo-Bit unfair to judge him, as he practically had to cover two positions at the same time.

Lighthouse

Thanks for this. Feel sorry for Mac as his was drawn into the sending off because of Odois hospital ball. But  both our right wing backs seem to be good at going forward but poor at crossing. Should really have sorted that out by now. Interesting about Ream. Just seems so far from the assured player of last season.

Hopefully we try and stick to the same defence for a little while or at least not make wholesale changes before or during the next game. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

petethefeet

I think a few players are struggling with exposure to faster, fitter premier league teams. Some players will come good and some are just Championship level. Due to being promoted through the play-offs we had late player signings and a poor pre-season. The team has to get fit, gel and learn how to compete with established Premier league teams and all the with the added pressure from the media and fans.

Injuries have set us back even further, but with Cairney back we did look a different team. We also have Joe Bryan to come as well, but I do wonder if Mawson has fully recovered from injury, otherwise he should be the mainstay of the defence?

I think/hope that once Slav has all players available he will get this right. It's just a race against time, and a couple of wins will move us away from danger.

KJS

Agree with the comments and feel McD should be left out of the squad completely his legs have gone!

petethefeet

This is how we play when players are fit and confident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ4x77G0MmM

LittleErn

Rico - one good save but got nowhere near saving any of the goals. Very exposed of course, but I thought Betts would have closed forwards down better.
Odoi - makes at least one bad error every game - that's not good enough in this league.
Ream - definitely too slow
MLM - good squad player at best. Also too slow.
KMac - Chasing lost causes (usually not of his making) - but too slow to catch them.
Seri - a luxury until we get a solid defence in place.
Schuerle - offers a threat in attack but does nothing to help the defence. Lazy as well as selfish.
Kamara - loose cannon, headless chicken, come to mind, but he does care!
Mitro - Agree no support, but maybe Prem defences have sussed him out?
The Manager - I'd like to know how much influence he had on the close season "non-signings". Too many gambles on injured or out of form players and untried ones. The shape of the defence is abysmal, but is that his fault for not drilling them or just their lack of ability at this level? I'd like to hear him say what he thinks can be done to improve, other than just "be brave" or "find a solution".

Statto

don't agree re. fosu mensah. when he hasn't got the ball, which is most of the time for a defender, he is substantially less useful than a traffic cone, which would at least be able to stay in a semi-useful position

Matt10

Where in the world did Kmac look slow or not of quality? Maybe when he was forced to play CB, in which he had 1 winning slide challenge to prevent a goal, and a last ditch header out for a corner when we were caught out.

85% passing accuracy, broke up plays to Wilson, had to take a pro foul, then again on the red.

It's so strange how I assume most get to physically go to matches, but here I am watching the Bournemouth match for the 3rd time on FFCTV/NBCSportsGold, and Kmac gets nothing but applause from the Cottage for his focus on keeping the ball moving and distributing when we were in sticky situations. I'd really like some specific examples of where he is slow. The only one that sticks out is when he was 1v1 against Brooks, who was trouble for everyone.