News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara must never play for Fulham again.

Started by The Swan, October 30, 2018, 09:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: RaySmith on October 31, 2018, 09:47:32 PM
We all know diving is a  fact of life in the modern game, regrettable as that may be. it's hard to stamp out because the best at it are  good at disguising it, making it look like a foul. Kamara obviously doesn't have that skill.

He dived, hardly unusual , as I say, though his was more obvious than most,  but at least it showed his desperation for Fulham to get something out of this game. he was willing to do what ever it takes to get something from the game, in a team that some  say have players  who aren't giving their all.

To  get on your moral high horse about him - this young player from abroad, giving everything, wanting desperately to make a name for himself in  the game by  being on the winning side with Fulham, and only copying the top forwards in the international game with his attempted, spur of the moment,  'cheating', seems sanctimonious.

This is pro football, with so much at stake - millions of pounds, reputations, careers, livelihoods - and the Corinthian spirit of sportsmanship is sadly lacking in this brutal environment, unfortunately.

Well said. I don't begrudge him for trying at all.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bill taylors apprentice

Must be a slow news days, pro footballer dives!

Matt10

Quote from: RaySmith on October 31, 2018, 09:47:32 PM
We all know diving is a  fact of life in the modern game, regrettable as that may be. it's hard to stamp out because the best at it are  good at disguising it, making it look like a foul. Kamara obviously doesn't have that skill.

He dived, hardly unusual , as I say, though his was more obvious than most,  but at least it showed his desperation for Fulham to get something out of this game. he was willing to do what ever it takes to get something from the game, in a team that some  say have players  who aren't giving their all.

To  get on your moral high horse about him - this young player from abroad, giving everything, wanting desperately to make a name for himself in  the game by  being on the winning side with Fulham, and only copying the top forwards in the international game with his attempted, spur of the moment,  'cheating', seems sanctimonious.

This is pro football, with so much at stake - millions of pounds, reputations, careers, livelihoods - and the Corinthian spirit of sportsmanship is sadly lacking in this brutal environment, unfortunately.

I do not think anyone is questioning why he did it. It's just the fact that he...did...it. That's all. There is a famous saying that you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. So, chalk this one up to a past mistake. Time to move on :)

clarkey

I fail to understand the support for Kamara. He should have been sent off twice as he dived again and the ref missed it. He was awful anyway.

23 is not a kid it is meant to be a player at his peak. Sess would not behave like that. He needs to go.

But anyway I blame the coach, why play him our of position, ruining the balance of the team and allow him to stay on after that awful dive.It is not like he looks dangerous at any time.

Skatzoffc

imo.....

"Never slag off your own players"

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 01, 2018, 12:42:01 PM
imo.....

"Never slag off your own players"

COYW!
Surely you are kidding, it's become a national past time on here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 31, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
Quote from: KJS on October 31, 2018, 04:16:33 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 31, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on October 31, 2018, 04:52:22 AM
At least he has passion and desire,give him a break!

Passion and desire, but he has cheated blatantly twice within the last 10 games he played.

that's still less than Wilson @ Bournemouth and Zaha @ Palace!!!

And of course Dele Alli is a massive diver as well.

The difference is they're more canny about it. If you're gonna do it, at least do it well.

Ivor had it down to a fine art!

Chesh

Of course he should not be derided forever, and yes he tries.

However, any attempts to try and justify or excuse that pathetic dive are just plain wrong imho.

I can guarantee that most, if not all, of those on here seemingly forgiving it as the done thing nowadays, would not be saying the same if it happened against us and resulted in a goal.

Furthermore, I don't think Kamara should play for us at the moment unless we are desperate, because he is plainly just not good enough.

'Trying' is not enough at this level, whereas the requirement to be able to do the basics and at least think the right things should be.

I'd much rather see Vietto, Kebano or Ayite ahead of him.

If it's a crime to be objective about one of our own players, then so be it.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

IKnowNothing

Three pages on this? Its not like were watching Barcelona with 10 minutes to go. Now that's a flop fest.