Main Menu

Oh Bugger! The Injury Situation Just Got Worse

Started by White Noise, February 06, 2010, 08:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Our Resilience

Saturday 6th February 2010

Fulham FC News

Following Saturday afternoon's draw against Bolton at the Reebok Stadium, Roy Hodgson highlighted the character shown by his Team to take a point back to SW6 on Saturday.

"We've got a point from a very difficult place today and I think it's right to put that down to resilience and determination," said Hodgson.

"The players really worked hard to keep our shape and do the right things even if the ball doesn't like us as much at the moment as it has in the past.

"It was a tough one for us - I thought Bolton did what they do well. There seemed to be an awful lot of projectiles flying towards the penalty area and we had to stand firm and rely very heavily of course on our outstanding goalkeeper to come and punch and catch the ball.

"I don't think we were able today to really get the ball down and played as I'd of really liked to have seen us do.

"Having said that the pitch didn't help in that respect and furthermore the opposition played the ball forward so early when it was cleared. They hit it forward into the area so often that I thought it was a war of attrition for large parts of the game.

"That's the way the game pans out here and if you want to get something from the game you have to accept that and make sure you don't succumb and luckily we were able to do that."

Fulham's injury situation didn't improve on Saturday when the outstanding Kagisho Dikgacoi was forced from the field of play with what appeared to be an ankle injury. Hodgson's squad is currently stretched to the limits and Fulham's Manager is looking forward to welcoming back some First Team regulars over the coming weeks.

"To lose Bobby Zamora was a blow and to lose Dikgacoi so early in the second half, when in the first half he'd been arguably one of our better players, it did seem to be contriving against us. It was good to see Dickson Etuhu back.

"I fear that our injury toll will worsen because I don't see Dikgacoi playing for a while. I can only hope that we get one of Davies, Gera or Zamora back because we are running very short of players.

"February is going to be a very difficult month. We've got to keep fighting, battling, working hard and doing all the things we do on the Training Ground. If you want to see the Fulham we are capable of being it's going to be March or April - when the likes of Konchesky, Davies, Gera and Zamora come back."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/RoysboltonReaction.aspx?#ixzz0en655st1

finnster01

I love you to death Roy, but how about calling a spade a spade and call it luck, which is exactly what it was. It had very little to do with resilience and determination. We stole a point, and you may as well say it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2010, 08:55:19 PM
I love you to death Roy, but how about calling a spade a spade and call it luck, which is exactly what it was. It had very little to do with resilience and determination. We stole a point, and you may as well say it.
Fully agree,if the ref had eyes that worked we would have come away with nothing,we stole a point ;D

SuffolkWhite

Tough times for us, and with the transfer window shut all we can do is give the team as much support as we can. Roy is trying to be his diplomatic self as usual and not damage confidence, I cant believe we just got 4 pts from 2 games!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamguy

How about we call Wayne Brown back instead of wasting him at Bristol Rovers...
COYW!

Lighthouse

Elm and Nevland starting when Kamara is out on loan. We really don't help ourselves.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

i think it is a bit much to say we stole the point, personally i think the ref gave it to us. ;D
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FatFreddysCat

I done just that on the Offal and had 7/8 of Fulham police station turn up at my house one morning ::).

RidgeRider

"It was a tough one for us - I thought Bolton did what they do well. There seemed to be an awful lot of projectiles flying towards the penalty area and we had to stand firm and rely very heavily of course on our outstanding goalkeeper to come and punch and catch the ball.

"I don't think we were able today to really get the ball down and played as I'd of really liked to have seen us do.

Finn, I fully agree. I believe that is what he was saying when he was quoted with these two gems.

Tonywa

All these injuries and still no sign of Andranik in midfield or on the bench.  Why are we bothering paying his wages?