News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we fans do more to support our team?

Started by alfulham, November 08, 2018, 12:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfulham

Every week fans from other clubs are making the extra man against us. It does not matter we are home or away. Infact our away support sometimes is much better then at home.
Come on Fulham fans get a bit more vocal and lets give the team some extra help they need in this division. COYW.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Problem is at 55 quid tickets minimum for West Ham home many of the real fans who would make noise are getting priced out in favour of tourists.

Lighthouse

Fans I think will support the club no matter what. But it is up to the team on the pitch to show they know what they are doing after training and coaching. However if the team looks lost and confused as we have been doing. The poor fans who are paying lots of money are less likely to shout and cheer if all the team does is leave gaps and ball watch. There is only so much the fans can do. Frustration at losing is one thing. Frustration at poor and amateurish play is another. It has to start on the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KJS

I've been a ST holder for more years than I can remember during both the Highs and Lows but I will now not be making my 130 mile round trip to attended games and watch the dross Slav is dishing out  until this debacle is resolved   063.gif

Russianrob

Any suggestions as to what armchair supporters like myself might be able to do? Being stuck in a foreign country severely limits any contribution we might make.

KJS

Quote from: Russianrob on November 08, 2018, 12:29:21 PM
Any suggestions as to what armchair supporters like myself might be able to do? Being stuck in a foreign country severely limits any contribution we might make.

Just count your blessings that your not watching it in person

SuffolkWhite

Yes we need to support the team as much as possible, but we have always been a quietist crowd at home. Away from home I think we have been excellent for the last few seasons.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

KJS

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 08, 2018, 12:33:25 PM
Yes we need to support the team as much as possible, but we have always been a quietist crowd at home. Away from home I think we have been excellent for the last few seasons.

We are not always quiet, remember Juve / Hamburg and Derby in last years play off 2nd leg?

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 08, 2018, 12:15:01 PM
Fans I think will support the club no matter what. But it is up to the team on the pitch to show they know what they are doing after training and coaching. However if the team looks lost and confused as we have been doing. The poor fans who are paying lots of money are less likely to shout and cheer if all the team does is leave gaps and ball watch. There is only so much the fans can do. Frustration at losing is one thing. Frustration at poor and amateurish play is another. It has to start on the pitch.
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. When we are playing well and making chances, not necessarily winning, the fans are as good as anywhere else but when the team don't do anything to fire up the fans it is like a grave yard.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: KJS on November 08, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 08, 2018, 12:33:25 PM

We are not always quiet, remember Juve / Hamburg and Derby in last years play off 2nd leg?

Yep fair play, 3 games in the last 8 years!

It's when your losing at home in any game that the team needs the support most, and unfortunately we don't always do it.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Jocanovic is not motivating the team and the team are not motivating the fans so the fans are despondent. That is the way it goes round and round.

Berserker

Quote from: KJS on November 08, 2018, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: Russianrob on November 08, 2018, 12:29:21 PM

Just count your blessings that your not watching it in person
Ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 08, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
Jocanovic is not motivating the team and the team are not motivating the fans so the fans are despondent. That is the way it goes round and round.

A Domino effect, and this should have been identified and resolved and not allowed to drag on continueing to undermine performances and morale.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

Anyone remember the fella who started "STAND up, if you still believe"

SuffolkWhite

We need to get behind the team for sure, but we don't always unfortunately. Maybe we can all sing at the next home game.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: I Ronic on November 09, 2018, 11:12:07 AM

Anyone remember the fella who started "STAND up, if you still believe"

It was the same bloke who stated that he couldn't stand losing sitting down.

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Amongst the Fulham fans last Monday night, we seemed unusually quiet,  though there weren't that many of us, with a lot of  gaps, and the Huddersfield  fans right next to us  kept up a wall of noise, drowning us out, including a drum, which never stopped.

But there was a bit of a stunned feeling amongst us Fulham faithful, as the first half unfolded.

Fair play to everyone who went on a Monday night, though. The fans can play a very important role - we need to keep fully behind the team in games, whatever we feel  privately. The Huddersfield fans created a  very positive, intense atmosphere that their team responded to.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on November 09, 2018, 11:24:49 AM
Amongst the Fulham fans last Monday night, we seemed unusually quiet,  though there weren't that many of us, with a lot of  gaps, and the Huddersfield  fans right next to us  kept up a wall of noise, drowning us out, including a drum, which never stopped.

But there was a bit of a stunned feeling amongst us Fulham faithful, as the first half unfolded.

Fair play to everyone who went on a Monday night, though. The fans can play a very important role - we need to keep fully behind the team in games, whatever we feel  privately. The Huddersfield fans created a  very positive, intense atmosphere that their team responded to.

Well done for you and other die hards for going to support the team on a damp miserable Monday night in Yorkshire Ray, you are an example to us all.

Never forget your Roots.