watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan and Ranieri speaking for a year

Started by DevonFFC, November 16, 2018, 06:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Earlier on I thought I heard the sky presenters say that Raneiri said in his conference that he and Mr Khan had been speaking for a year prior to his appointment, I'm trying to find the actual wording.

It would suggest that this time last year after a slow start Shad was already getting ready to make a change.

ToodlesMcToot

Don't doubt that you heard what you heard but, why did we offer the job to Wenger (supposedly) if we'd been hatching this possibility for a year (supposedly).

Possible, they were talking about possibilities last season, put the idea on the back burner to see if Slav could pull a rabbit out of his hat in the second half of the season and then the need never came up. This season re-opened the discussion.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FFC NY

In another thread it said that they had spoken for an hour....  051

It's pretty much the same, especially as I get older....a year feels like an hour used to!

f321ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 16, 2018, 07:14:18 PM
Don't doubt that you heard what you heard but, why did we offer the job to Wenger (supposedly) if we'd been hatching this possibility for a year (supposedly).

Possible, they were talking about possibilities last season, put the idea on the back burner to see if Slav could pull a rabbit out of his hat in the second half of the season and then the need never came up. This season re-opened the discussion.
From Jim Woodcock, khans spokesman

"To be clear, #FFC did not offer its managerial job to anyone other than Claudio Ranieri. Reports to the contrary differ here and there, but the only takeaway is one offer was made by @fulhamfc, and it was accepted. #COYW"
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

DevonFFC

Quote from: f321ffc on November 16, 2018, 07:41:10 PM

"To be clear, #FFC did not offer its managerial job to anyone other than Claudio Ranieri. Reports to the contrary differ here and there, but the only takeaway is one offer was made by @fulhamfc, and it was accepted. #COYW"

I do love clarity and this sticks two fingers to the press who have tried to make us look like fools in all of this

Denver Fulham

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 16, 2018, 07:47:01 PM

I do love clarity and this sticks two fingers to the press who have tried to make us look like fools in all of this

It's PR sematics. You never actually offer a job unless you're sure it will be accepted. That doesn't mean they didn't sound out other candidates.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 16, 2018, 07:54:49 PM

It's PR sematics. You never actually offer a job unless you're sure it will be accepted. That doesn't mean they didn't sound out other candidates.

Pretty sure jobs are offered and rejected. I turned down on only this week

f321ffc

[/quote]
Wasn't the Fulham Manager job was it?😂
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham 442

DevonFFC

Quote from: f321ffc on November 16, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

Wasn't the Fulham Manager job was it?😂
[/quote]

I am not allowed to disclose, man with a tash paid me off

Nero

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 16, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

So you didn't fancy the Managers job at Fulham then either

Lighthouse

Slav was offered a new contract last season and refused to sign it. Let's make a conspiracy out of that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

Quote from: Nero on November 16, 2018, 09:30:02 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 16, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

So you didn't fancy the Managers job at Fulham then either

Wasn't for me no, i may have a lot of things knmy CV but miracle worker isn't one of them

Snibbo

When your top man is stalling on signing a new contract, it is good management to examine other options. We are sorry to see Slav go, but credit to the Khans for learning from previous experience and making this a smooth and rapid transition to a highly credible replacement.

Jonnoj

I'm sure all that happened was they spoke to several available managers and asked them if they'd be interested in a discussion.
If Wenger was one of those he must have said no and they carried on interviewing other candidates.
It's only the press interpreting that as "wenger rejects fulham" he has simply declined the opportunity to take it further, like being phoned by a headhunter and saying no thanks I'm happy.
No drama, no story but with no club footie going on journos have to find somethin to write about.
At least now they've moved onto McDonald's for clean sheets!

Holders

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Notes from November meeting with Fulham Football Club

SLAVISA JOKANOVIC
The Trust asked about Slavisa Jokanovic's future, following speculation in the press. AM insisted that the Club remained supportive of Jokanovic and wanted him to be successful. He stated that the Club had won promotion due to Jokanovic's leadership and coaching methods and that they wanted Jokanovic to be the man to steer the Club through this difficult run of form. He referred to the recent coaching changes as evidence of Jokanovic taking difficult decisions to try and improve the team's performance and reiterated Shahid Khan's recent public statement of support.