watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alladyce's interview on Sky Sports News. Disgraceful

Started by HammyH3, October 14, 2010, 03:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammyH3

Alladyce on Sky Sports spouting what a clean football playing team Blackburn are, I was so incensed I sent an email to the Football editor of Sky Sports
Sir
I am writing to complain about the kid gloved interview Alladyce just gave on Sky Sports News. Your interviewer was an unquestioning pussy. Get your reporters to do some damn research, it's not hard. Danny Murphy named Alladyce's team for a reason, just look at the sats BEFORE the interview. Blackburn vs Fulham at Blackburn 18 Sept this season. Fouls by Fulham 10, fouls by Blackburn 16 , six of them on Fulham's lone striker Dembele. While Alladyce is quoting stats, do some research, get stats to counter the argument not sit there nodding like a parcel shelf puppy. Journalism, you're having a laugh!

AlFayedsChequebook

Dont worry, the fact that Allardyce is quoting stats just means that we have them flustered a la Rafa Benitez...

duffbeer

SmithyFFC

Surely this must be a wind up. There can't be a line on any post anywhere with the words 'allardyce' and 'clean football' both in it.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Just watched the interview.

Allardyce is trying to take the moral high ground with his statement saying that the facts speak for themselves and that the 'boys' are 'really upset' at Danny for his 'brainless' comment.

Top PR from Blackburn (and probably the LMA) now Allardyce will bring this up everytime a descision goes against Rovers, he will claim that everyone is prejudiced against his phenomenal and fair team.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 14, 2010, 04:08:59 PM

Allardyce is trying to take the moral high ground with his statement saying that the facts speak for themselves and that the 'boys' are 'really upset' at Danny for his 'brainless' comment.

Top PR from Blackburn (and probably the LMA) now Allardyce will bring this up everytime a descision goes against Rovers, he will claim that everyone is prejudiced against his phenomenal and fair team.

Allardyce needs to look up the defintion of 'brainless' in the dictionary, because all he'll see is a picture of himself.

FTID

White Noise

Allardyce says he wants to deal in realities not perceptions but he, along with most of the other managers who have commented, has not bothered to engage with the reality of what Murphy actually said.

Lighthouse

For goodness sake let it go. If Blackburn players are in uncontollable fits of collapse due to the hurt they have recieved from the tongue lashing from Murphy I can only say GET A LIFE YOU CHEATS. Why do these people keep mentioning it.

Was it part of a managerial decision to target the keeper by body checking him? If not has the player concerned been punished? Was it part of the managers tactics to target players in several games Wolves played or did the players take this on themselves? In which case have they been punished? How much has the Stoke player been fined for fouling and hurting the opposition when a better tactic would have been to stay on his feet and play football?

Alladyce has at no time taken back handers from agents and we really should listen to a manager whose Blackburn side show all the signs of... um... his other sides. I remember when Bolton were poor but now they have a good manager who likes to play football.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Doctor

Tell me you're joking.  :58:  Somehow, the image of El Hadj Diouf blubbing uncontrollably to his Uncle Sam that one of the older boys has called him names doesn't ring true.

As my parents always said, don't dish it out if you can't take it

JBH

Okay FAT SAM show us where in Danny Murphy's interveiw that he actually used the words, "To intentionally injure players"

Total Muppet of the first degree.

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 14, 2010, 04:20:24 PM

Allardyce needs to look up the defintion of 'brainless' in the dictionary, because all he'll see is a picture of himself.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

thinwhiteduke

Anyone see Patrick Collins' take on this a couple of days ago? Well argued,thoughtful piece - quite unlike the mindless inanities being uttered by the likes of big Sam.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: thinwhiteduke on October 15, 2010, 11:39:31 AM
Anyone see Patrick Collins' take on this a couple of days ago? Well argued,thoughtful piece - quite unlike the mindless inanities being uttered by the likes of big Sam.

exactly, Patrick Collins piece was excellent.

White Noise

Quote from: thinwhiteduke on October 15, 2010, 11:39:31 AM

Yes, there have been just as many people coming out supporting Danny than against him but the comments of people like Collins, Bobby Charlton, Dario Gradi etc have not been picked up and replicated by every news outlet in the same way that the negative ones have. The Collins piece is here for those who missed it -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=6785.0

The common factors with those against Murphy are a low IQ and a reluctance to engage with what he actually said. I think it is interesting that more current Prem Managers have not joined in the debate. I am sure most of them would be with Murphy because most of them have been on the receiving end of the thuggery and adrenalised recklessness and had players needlessly injured. Along with gay footballers, the return of standing areas and paying players too much I guess its one of those subjects most managers prefer not to get drawn on in the belief that you are damned whichever side of the argument you plump for.

A warm welcome to FoF to the ThinWhiteDuke by the way. A gentleman and a scholar from the Voy board and someone who was kind enough to welcome me when I first started posting on there. I hope we see more of you on here sir.

White Noise

I don't know how many people on here have seen th original Murphy interview but it was given at a conference called 'Leaders In Football'. The irony of that particular title aside, its important to see the context in which he made those comments before rushing to judgement -

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16470_6433837,00.html

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on October 15, 2010, 06:38:43 AM
Okay FAT SAM show us where in Danny Murphy's interveiw that he actually used the words, "To intentionally injure players"

Total Muppet of the first degree.

Not just Sam either, JBH. Everyone I've heard criticize Cap'n Danny has said something along the lines of "It's just wrong to say that some manangers inspire their players to intentionally injure opponents."

This kind of misdirection comes in handy if you're talking to an audience who probably haven't got the energy to look for Murphy's article or the intellect to understand what he actually said. Hmmmmm, it seems that the LMA has spent a lot of time studying methods used by Newscorp.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel