https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Pressing On With Crouch/Richards Court Case

Started by White Noise, October 13, 2010, 11:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Crouch at centre of court drama

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 13th October 2010

Peter Crouch, who led the line for England on Tuesday night, will be centre stage for the next big football dispute heading for the courts.

With the interminable Liverpool ownership battle awaiting the judge's verdict this morning, the last thing football's hierarchy want is another high-profile High Court encounter.

But Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed is determined to pursue his case against Barclays Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards all the way.

Fayed is alleging Sir Dave helped with the £10million transfer of Crouch from Portsmouth to Spurs, so prejudicing Fulham business.

The Premier League have filed for a stay of proceedings, arguing their regulations, which Fulham signed up to, state disputes between club and league should be heard by an independent arbitration panel rather than a court.

The PL's defence has the support of witness statements from Crouch, who says he never spoke to Richards during the transfer negotiations, and Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn, who, like Fulham, wanted to sign Crouch but said the player always wanted to go to Spurs.

Fulham would not comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1319960/CHARLES-SALE-Crouch-centre-courtroom-drama.html#ixzz12HPlh7Fu

fulhamwannabe

case lost in advance,,,,,why not save the lawyer's fees?

LBNo11

...I wonder if Mr Fayed is trying to unsettle him prior to this Saturdays game in which Mr Clancy is due to appear.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Fair play to Mo, he has been keeping the legal profession busy during these economically challenged times.

Without a "smoking gun" there is no chance of success.

Vinnieffc

We lost out on Crouch and got Dembele instead  :011: I'd say we should say thank you to Spuds and run away from the courtroom pronto !!

RidgeRider

If he feels like he has been wronged, and has some evidence, than pursue it by all means, however I would not want Crouch at this point and not getting him has probably been good for our club.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 14, 2010, 03:24:39 PM
If he feels like he has been wronged, and has some evidence, than pursue it by all means, however I would not want Crouch at this point and not getting him has probably been good for our club.

Just think though, if we'd sold Bobby to Hull for 5 million, Crouch had scored 20 goals and won as the final it would have been great.

Although Bobby is undoubtly a better player these days.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 14, 2010, 04:08:09 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on October 14, 2010, 03:24:39 PM

Just think though, if we'd sold Bobby to Hull for 5 million, Crouch had scored 20 goals and won as the final it would have been great.

Although Bobby is undoubtly a better player these days.

IF