more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Afternoon All

Started by ghrt, October 13, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

here's a twist, ghrt is Si in disguise

so he registered on fof earlier, checked his ip address as per usual for new members, turns out the same ip was shared with another member, Si_ffcuk

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/ipsblocked.jpg/

looking into it a bit more, came up with something interesting. sometimes fof has errors and these get saved so admins can look at them. si_ffcuk attempted to quote a post by LB, but no post was made. 20 seconds later, si_ffcuk had logged out. a minute later, ghrt had quoted and replied to the same post si_ffcuk attempted to. so, considering the times add up and the shared ip, the only conclusion you can make is that si was about to reply to LB's post, realised he was in the wrong account, logged out and logged back in as ghrt

http://img543.imageshack.us/f/quotepostblocked.jpg/

then later this evening, both si and ghrt were on, with the same ip again.
http://img836.imageshack.us/i/sameiponlineblocked.jpg/

so unless there's a massive coincidence and there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, there's only one thing you can conclude, and that is they are both the same person.

be interesting to hear your thoughts. i blocked out the middle two parts of the ip for security reasons of course.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lork on October 14, 2010, 12:06:57 AM

so he registered on fof earlier, checked his ip address as per usual for new members, turns out the same ip was shared with another member, Si_ffcuk

looking into it a bit more, came up with something interesting. sometimes fof has errors and these get saved so admins can look at them. si_ffcuk attempted to quote a post by LB, but no post was made. 20 seconds later, si_ffcuk had logged out. a minute later, ghrt had quoted and replied to the same post si_ffcuk attempted to. so, considering the times add up and the shared ip, the only conclusion you can make is that si was about to reply to LB's post, realised he was in the wrong account, logged out and logged back in as ghrt

so unless there's a massive coincidence and there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, there's only one thing you can conclude, and that is they are both the same person.

be interesting to hear your thoughts. i blocked out the middle two parts of the ip for security reasons of course.

top notch detective work, if this is true then it means that Si ffc set up the GHRT character to drive people off Tiff and onto the new website that he created..... maybe you should post that on Tiff?

Is there any possibility that they could coincidentally use the same one consistently??

LRCN

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 14, 2010, 12:12:17 AM

top notch detective work, if this is true then it means that Si ffc set up the GHRT character to drive people off Tiff and onto the new website that he created..... maybe you should post that on Tiff?

Is there any possibility that they could coincidentally use the same one consistently??

not gonna speculate as to why... i have posted this on tiff though. it would be an amazing if they share ip and never mentioned each other on either messageboard despite being online at the same time, and anyway the whole quote - log out - log in thing sort of erases all doubt.

Craven

...it would be an amazing if they share ip and never mentioned each other on either messageboard despite being online at the same time,

Lork, there is nothing amazing about that at all. 

Quite the contrary in fact...users online from same IP happens all the time, one of the reasons users get accused of being others when spamming occurs.

I myself am on 02/Be (from home), same time as other users from that IP, doesn't mean I need or ought to acknowledge/mention them when I post.

Pretty wild / reckless accusation to make mate, surely this ought to have been run by the person in question instead of posting what is essentially an accusing post on the boards.

Lighthouse

I have just watched the DVD of Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr) and came on here and discovered SherLORK Holmes is on FOF.

The accusation is easily answered if needs be but it is a  fair point to bring up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 14, 2010, 12:51:07 AM
I have just watched the DVD of Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr) and came on here and discovered SherLORK Holmes is on FOF.

The accusation is easily answered if needs be but it is a  fair point to bring up.

Still think it should have been run by the individuals concerned first, people jump to conclusions too quickly online....reputations are made & broken on the back of things like this.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Craven on October 14, 2010, 12:49:26 AM
...it would be an amazing if they share ip and never mentioned each other on either messageboard despite being online at the same time,

Lork, there is nothing amazing about that at all. 

Quite the contrary in fact...users online from same IP happens all the time, one of the reasons users get accused of being others when spamming occurs.

I myself am on 02/Be (from home), same time as other users from that IP, doesn't mean I need or ought to acknowledge/mention them when I post.

Pretty wild / reckless accusation to make mate, surely this ought to have been run by the person in question instead of posting what is essentially an accusing post on the boards.

Sorry mate. I have seen the facts. Push on. The facts are clear and he is just trying to be clever for purposes I won't say out loud. He is also trying to drive the TiFFers nutty so they will go on the other message board. I see you are a TFI guy. Stay there.

Craven

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 14, 2010, 12:56:57 AM
Sorry mate. I have seen the facts. Push on. The facts are clear and he is just trying to be clever for purposes I won't say out loud. He is also trying to drive the TiFFers nutty so they will go on the other message board. I see you are a TFI guy. Stay there.

No, please do say out loud, seems it's fair game here.  Yes I am indeed a TFi guy, have been from day one ('97) in fact.  'Stay There', that's a welcoming comment ain't it, plan to stay for a while if you don't mind.  

LRCN

Quote from: Craven on October 14, 2010, 12:56:28 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 14, 2010, 12:51:07 AM

Still think it should have been run by the individuals concerned first, people jump to conclusions too quickly online....reputations are made & broken on the back of things like this.

mate if i am wrong then i will of course make a full, humble apology.

i went off this which says you can't have the same ip at the same time, yet they were both logged in at the same time with the same ip

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/same-ip-address-as-someone-else/5645.html

RidgeRider

Quote from: Craven on October 14, 2010, 01:01:49 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on October 14, 2010, 12:56:57 AM

No, please do say out loud, seems it's fair game here.  Yes I am indeed a TFi guy, have been from day one in fact.  'Stay There', that's a welcoming comment ain't it, plan to stay for a while if you don't mind. 

If you had actually read the links Lork posted to see what happened, then you wouldn't be coming on here saying what you said. The facts are clear. Why do we care what happens on the other boards? Did we make it up just to do what we think he is up to? We moderate and what we care about is what happens here, first and foremost, so we don't want posters like him on this board and we felt it was the right thing to do to let the other board know what we know. If you don't like it, too bad. You are welcome to go elsewhere.

If you want to continue to post here, you will be respectful, if you can't be, you won't be posting.

Craven

Quote from: Lork on October 14, 2010, 01:03:55 AM

i went off this which says you can't have the same ip at the same time, yet they were both logged in at the same time with the same ip

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/same-ip-address-as-someone-else/5645.html

Hi Lork, thanks for the reply.  

Am about to turn in for the night but out of curiosity, have you run this by any of the rest of your mods before posting, or just put 2+2 together and gone with it.   Am as intrigued as everyone else....just stand by my comment that this could have been handled better.  Who knows....see what happens next I guess.

Cheers again Lork, and have to say, like the site  :045:

Craven

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 14, 2010, 01:09:30 AM
you will be respectful, if you can't be, you won't be posting.

Ridge, have I been disrespectful?  No.  Merely coming here to find out the background to Lork's postings.

Before you make more threats to my continued posting here, just sit back and count to 10 first, it's a great tip.

I'm off now, back tomorrow to see what developments there are.

LRCN

Quote from: Craven on October 14, 2010, 01:09:46 AM
Quote from: Lork on October 14, 2010, 01:03:55 AM

Hi Lork, thanks for the reply.  

Am about to turn in for the night but out of curiosity, have you run this by any of the rest of your mods before posting, or just put 2+2 together and gone with it.   Am as intrigued as everyone else....just stand by my comment that this could have been handled better.  Who knows....see what happens next I guess.

Cheers again Lork, and have to say, like the site  :045:

yes, i ran it by all the mods that were online in the last 4 hours which is all but 1 and they all agreed ghrt and si must be the same person.
thanks for the compliment, it's a tidy site isn't it! ruled with an iron fist  :54: hope to see more posts from you in the future

Logicalman

Lork,
Interesting point you bring up regarding the same IP being used twice on the same site. In theory it is quite possible: I have a single IP address as far as my ISP is concerned, though I do run a router and switch on my own private network, that being said, each will have a private IP issued by my own router acting as a DCHP server, but is that private IP address visible once it gets outside of my home network?
I am aware that the individual private IP addresses are wrapped in the main IP address when sending packets out to sites such as these, but only so that packets returned are routed correctly inside the private network again, but what does the site server see? If it is the public IP address, then that would mean that I could have two boxes running concurrently pointed at the same site, both using the same (public) IP address. :58:

Lighthouse

Quote from: Logicalman on October 14, 2010, 02:10:34 AM
Lork,
Interesting point you bring up regarding the same IP being used twice on the same site. In theory it is quite possible: I have a single IP address as far as my ISP is concerned, though I do run a router and switch on my own private network, that being said, each will have a private IP issued by my own router acting as a DCHP server, but is that private IP address visible once it gets outside of my home network?
I am aware that the individual private IP addresses are wrapped in the main IP address when sending packets out to sites such as these, but only so that packets returned are routed correctly inside the private network again, but what does the site server see? If it is the public IP address, then that would mean that I could have two boxes running concurrently pointed at the same site, both using the same (public) IP address. :58:

I can help on this one. It depends if you have a sitting tenant. Have they signed an agreement for sitting or standing. Also If the Sun is behind a cloud and it is a Tuesday then it goes without saying so I wont bother to bore you. Now your boxes have to be empty but one has to walk before it can run. This only is wrapped up on special occasions. Or as we say in Britain, Occasions that are a bit special. Never use a public one because you just never know who has been there before. There is such a thing as a shy router. Once it is away from the home network you just have to let it do what it wants. Hope this helps. Lork can fill in the rest.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 14, 2010, 02:44:32 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 14, 2010, 02:10:34 AM
Lork,

I can help on this one. It depends if you have a sitting tenant. Have they signed an agreement for sitting or standing. Also If the Sun is behind a cloud and it is a Tuesday then it goes without saying so I wont bother to bore you. Now your boxes have to be empty but one has to walk before it can run. This only is wrapped up on special occasions. Or as we say in Britain, Occasions that are a bit special. Never use a public one because you just never know who has been there before. There is such a thing as a shy router. Once it is away from the home network you just have to let it do what it wants. Hope this helps. Lork can fill in the rest.

You really are a talent.  :Sparkyticus:

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 14, 2010, 02:44:32 AM

Since Mr. Lork first posted his thing about split personalities and IPs, this post by M. Lighthouse is the only thing I've understood fully.

I'm not sure why having two accounts is a bad thing, by the way. Over on FulhamUSA.com we had a guy named Christian who had two accounts, and he's ... . Hmmmm. Okay, I can see the concern. Never ind.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Just to stick my oar in here...

I don't know the truth of the matter behind the GHRT/Si connection, but I do know both Si and Craven personally and can verify that they are both true and decent chaps, although Craven is a bit of an ungulate loving deviant. This seems to be quite coincidental that they have the same IP, but if they are with an internet provider there is every chance that they could be sharing the same public IP which would be displayed on this forum.

I've previously lost my access to TIFF due to having the same home IP as someone who had been banned, so as far as I'm concerned, the evidence given is speculative.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

I love this MB. It is like being in the Freemasons. Any moment now we'll be asked to produce a black ball if we don't want someone as a member.
Being the Humanist that I am I do believe that someone has to cause offence before they are banned and that we should not prejudge anyone until that moment manifests itself. Until then let us dispense with the Pol Pot like regime and give them the benefit of the doubt before lining them up to be shot.
Meanwhile get the blindfold, roll up the trouser leg and place a noose around the neck of our latest member and let's welcome him into the sanctuary.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

I cant understand why the Mods didn't just seek my advice on all this computer technical stuff.